Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Long Island Reef Association (LIRA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/30/2007, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by billsreef
IMO, you, Warren and myself have already proved that
hey, what about me? I want a big golden "L" too
Old 06/30/2007, 07:47 AM
LIRA's Member

I used it when it first came out , same result All DEAD FISH. and same respocen for the company Just BUY MORE.
Old 06/30/2007, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

I'm in the 15% group, too. The only thing that worked for me was QT w/hypo and letting the display tank stay "fishless" for 7 weeks. I used a UV sterilizer in the QT tank, too. Thanks to the good advice of people here, some of my fish survived. Ich is a horrible death for an animal.

Sorry to hear what you're going through, cb. I do have equipment for a hospital tank that you're welcome to use if you'd like. We're in Bethpage, so it's not that far from you. Just let me know.

Denise
Old 06/30/2007, 09:10 AM
Paracentropyge Boyeli

Quote:
Originally posted by DEXTER SOLIS
hey, what about me? I want a big golden "L" too
Don't worry Dex,
You are already a big L(ooser) in my book

Hey guys,
Sano has a new product out there. Claims to cure ick in 3 days

http://www.northcoastmarines.com/kick_ich.htm
Old 06/30/2007, 09:45 AM
How many is too many?

Hmmmm i dunno but maybe its worth a try
Old 06/30/2007, 09:59 AM
10 & Over Club

That makes 6 of us that have proved NSF doesn't work.

SANO, eh? That's not new and spawned something known as the "SANO (SayNo) Wars" on Aqualink years ago. It's one of the original snake oil's. I gave that stuff a thorough multiple tank, multiple fish trial and found it a failure.

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)
Old 06/30/2007, 10:03 AM
RC Staff
American

Quote:
Originally posted by cb747
Hmmmm i dunno but maybe its worth a try

There, in a nutshell, is the reason this kind of stuff exists. Everyone wants the easy solution, no matter how complex the problem.
I fully understand that we'll never know if it works or not if nobody tries it, but someone made a lot of money selling magnets and electrical tape wrapped around PVC not too long ago.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....
Old 06/30/2007, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

we can blame Warren for this one.
Old 06/30/2007, 01:17 PM
How many is too many?

The easy way out would be great if ti worked. Now i dont have to research the sano product to see if it works or not.
Old 06/30/2007, 10:25 PM
Paracentropyge Boyeli

Dex,
I have "pee in a bottle" for ya.
Works well and does not need refrigeration after opening.

Chris and I have a promotional special for friends and family at only $59.99 a bottle. One bottle is all you'll need cause our pee-pee remedy can treat 5g or 500g with the same 1 drop.
Buy now and we will throw in a free brine shrimp net handcrafted by cali-reef himself.
Old 06/30/2007, 10:49 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

The reason your buddy at NSF is saying that the med is the one that is making the ich multiply is because it... well... isn't. That's the natural life cycle of the ich. The ich would do that on it's own anyway. He is feeding you a plate full of bull dookey just so you will waste more money than what you have already. That med in that link is absolutely a seething smelly pile of hog hoe down heaven as well. These people are trying to get rich on other people's ignorance of the true and trusted remedies that actually work. Makes me sick to see and hear of chicken hoo ha like this. Hypo all the way for me.
Old 06/30/2007, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pecan2phat
Dex,
I have "pee in a bottle" for ya.
Works well and does not need refrigeration after opening.

I will take it, someone ofered me $100 to pee in a bottle & I wasnt able to do it. I will gladly give yo $75 only coz I know how you got the stuff in there. ( pitty)

Note: I have seen NSF botlles ( really tiny)
Old 07/01/2007, 08:20 AM
How many is too many?

Freed i didnt really buy anything he told me. It was like he read into my emails and answered by the info i gave him to try to make me feel like the product is doing what its "designed" to do. Its all a bunch of BS.
Dex i had a heavy night of drinking so ill only charge you 60.00 for my bottle. Its very concentrated and took alot to get it into the recycled NSF bottle! LOL
Denise i missed your post yesterday and thankyou for the kind offer but im all set with tanks.
Old 07/01/2007, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Another reason to try Hypo when all else fails: it doesn't cost anything. Who doesn't already have a spare tank lying around? give it a shot. I still say to just pull out the rock and inverts in your 125 and do it in there. You have a barebottom tank.
Old 07/01/2007, 01:39 PM
Paracentropyge Boyeli

Quote:
Originally posted by 6stringpenguin
I still say to just pull out the rock and inverts in your 125 and do it in there. You have a barebottom tank.
Chris can't quite do that cause he still has a decent amount of softies in his tank and quite a bit of rock that the softies are attached too. Also, his 4 eels would not do well with a bare tank.
Old 07/01/2007, 06:30 PM
How many is too many?

Hypo no go in the reef. Thanks anyway fopr the idea Tom. Warren hit it on the head!
Old 07/01/2007, 07:21 PM
--sister of geek--

What about pulling all the fish out and keeping them in hospital tanks for 2 months?

(also I'd add Vitamin C and beta-glucan to whatever you are using)
Old 07/01/2007, 07:30 PM
Premium Member

I just completed my 7 days with the No Sick Fish Ich product and it didn't work for me either. I removed my fish and sent them to the QT tank loaded with copper. The remaining fish are looking better already after 3 days. I guess I am the other part of the 15%. I lost five fish.

Last edited by kh6sat; 07/01/2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07/01/2007, 07:30 PM
Premium Member

I'm all for removing NSF from sponsorship! This site is where I learned about them!

Last edited by kh6sat; 07/01/2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07/01/2007, 07:36 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Well there must be numerous people out there that are using it with amazing success that don't even know about this thread. Hmmmm. Wish they would post so we could meet them.
Old 07/01/2007, 07:36 PM
Premium Member

--

Last edited by kh6sat; 07/01/2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07/01/2007, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Sorry Chris. I thought your tank was FOWLR. There weren't many corals in it last I saw.
Old 07/01/2007, 08:50 PM
RC Staff
American

Quote:
Originally posted by kh6sat
I'm all for removing NSF from sponsorship! This site is where I learned about them!

Sounds easy enough, but there is a problem there. Had we not allowed them to sponsor, it could be said that we were preventing our members from exposure to a product simply because we didn't like it. The far better approach is to recommend that you, the purchaser check into anything before you add it to your reef.
I don't believe in "bag-O-live sand," Zeovit or "Purple up" either, but if they wanted to advertise here, would it be right to deny them the chance to reach you, or deny you the chance to know they're out there?
There have been sponsors cut loose from RC before, and it will undoubtedly happen again. I don't know right now if NSF will join that illustrious group or not.
The simple fact is, we can't make your decisions for you. What might be horrible for your system may be great for someone else's. A simple guideline I like to follow;
If it seems like it's too good to be true, it's probably too good to be true.

Old 07/02/2007, 02:38 PM
How many is too many?

Christine if all wipes out im going to take a break for awhile. I still have the prop thing going though. I dont know, 1 day at a time.

KH6SAT i feel your pain. I learned about NSF here too.

FREED its funny how not 1 single person has come to this thread claiming success. Maybe because they dont exist.......

Larry i can understand RCs standpoint but if the failures mount then it becomes pretty obvious that it doesnt work and there sponsorship should be yanked. If Warren and i want to market our own urine in a bottle as ick cure and paid the monthly sponsopship fee would we be able to? LOL
Old 07/02/2007, 03:02 PM
RC Staff
American

Quote:
Originally posted by cb747

Larry i can understand RCs standpoint but if the failures mount then it becomes pretty obvious that it doesnt work and there sponsorship should be yanked. If Warren and i want to market our own urine in a bottle as ick cure and paid the monthly sponsopship fee would we be able to? LOL

LOL There we have the complete other end of the spectrum.
No promises on the outcome, but I'll bring up the worth of this product, and their sponsorship here to the powers that be.