Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/22/2004, 05:01 PM
Professional Aquarist

September Meeting

The next meeting of the Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society Inc. will be held Saturday September 25th, 2004 at 6:00 PM at the Radisson in Monroeville, PA.

Rob Livingston will be discussing electrical planning and safety for aquariums as well as demonstrating the proper use of GFI's. Members who attended MACNA will also review some of the highlights from the talks.

19th Annual Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA)
in Pittsburgh, PA September 14-16, 2007
Old 09/22/2004, 05:02 PM
Professional Aquarist

Future Events

The October meeting will be Saturday, October 16 at 6:00pm at the Radisson in Monroeville. Sanjay Joshi will be filling us in on his lates lighting research. Sanjay has published several articles on lighting for reef aquaria and is a highly regarded expert in this area. Sanjay always includes some good take-home information on how to get the most out of your lighting system.

During the October meeting we will also hold nominations for 2005 board positions. We really need some new volunteers for the board. Many of us have reached our term limits for our current positions. No special skills are required for any of the positions, and none of them is alot of work. If you are interested, please don't be bashful and let one of our current board members know!

As always, our November/December meetings will be combined to avoid holiday conflicts, and once again, we will have our year-end mega raffle. We are planning a big year next year, packed full of big name speakers and events, so we need everyone to turn out and buy alot of tickets. No one will go home empty handed!

Our holiday meeting has historically been the first Saturday in December. This year, the Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiasts Association (C-Sea) is planning a one day symposium on the first Saturday. In order for PMASI members and C-SEA members to be able to attend each others events, our meeting will tentatively be the second Saturday in December.

Old 09/23/2004, 11:47 PM
Premium Member

I hate to let anyone down, but do to my new job at work I won't be able to give the presentation this weekend on electrical safety. I am now working second shift with tuesday and wednesday as my days off, so I probably wont' get to see all of you for a few months, atleast till I build up some vacation leave.

Hope to see you all soon, and if any of you make it to Fisher Auditorium at IUP for a show make sure you look me up, I will probably be there somewhere.
Old 09/23/2004, 11:47 PM
Premium Member

I hate to let anyone down, but do to my new job at work I won't be able to give the presentation this weekend on electrical safety. I am now working second shift with tuesday and wednesday as my days off, so I probably wont' get to see all of you for a few months, atleast till I build up some vacation leave.

Hope to see you all soon, and if any of you make it to Fisher Auditorium at IUP for a show make sure you look me up, I will probably be there somewhere.
Old 09/24/2004, 05:15 AM
Professional Aquarist

Sorry to hear about that Rob. At the very least, we will still have a MACNA review. Chris Farabaugh, Bob Nell, and myself all attended MACNA this year and should all be at this meeting to discuss the highlights of the presentations.

Old 09/24/2004, 08:03 AM
Professional Aquarist

I forgot to mention, we will still have a raffle. I am going to be bringing some branching Frogspawn, Stomatella snails, and probably some safe Asterina seastars.

Old 09/24/2004, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Anyone interested in a maroon clown...YES I still have her...could donate to the raffle if anyone is interested.....She really is a very NICE clown fish....no finger biting here....

Bobbi
Old 09/24/2004, 02:11 PM
Professional Aquarist

Quote:
Originally posted by bskipper
Anyone interested in a maroon clown...YES I still have her...could donate to the raffle if anyone is interested.....She really is a very NICE clown fish....no finger biting here....

Bobbi
I think I might have a home for her now.

Old 09/24/2004, 02:12 PM
Professional Aquarist

I also have a Pencil Urchin (Eucadaris species) and Green Brittle Star that need homes. Neither would be considered reef-safe and the starfish could be predatory when it gets larger.

Old 09/24/2004, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Want me to bring her to the meeting Saturday then? I feel bad, but I want my QT tank back!!

Thanks,
Bobbi
Old 09/24/2004, 02:18 PM
Professional Aquarist

Quote:
Originally posted by bskipper
Want me to bring her to the meeting Saturday then?
Yeah, I should be there.

Old 09/24/2004, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Hey Steve--

Would either of those do okay in my 140? The only reef in there are mushrooms, a large leather and lg kenya tree coral. Have a goniopora, but it is declining in health. We have 1 big star in there already, and a few hermit crabs, along with the fish, which are all larger sized. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Bobbi
Old 09/24/2004, 09:36 PM
niiiiiiice car

hey guys! just wanted to let you know, not to worry lol, i am going to be coming to the meeting but i'll probably be late due to a softball meeting that kinda runs into the pmas meeting time but i am still coming, so save us a seat! i wont be able to bring anything for the raffle this time either, ill be coming right to the meeting after softball. oh well just wanted to let you know ill still be thier lol, see you guys tomorrow!
Kelly