Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/11/2007, 11:01 AM
Reef slave

a momment of silence.. store closing

well sad to say But "Pet Country"
of corona norco will be no more. I saw the worst thing ever last night was seeing the whole store packed up in boxes and such. a scored on some fish but honestly that does not matter. what sucks is seeing a nice pet storing closing. this was not a huge saltwater destination but a private owned petco like store.
You will be missed in the IE.
sorry all goods are gone except large items it would do not good to contact them at this point. all is gone.

Richard

best of luck to the owners and employees of the store whom will be needing to move on to other things.
Old 12/11/2007, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

Did they sell that 500g tank?
Old 12/11/2007, 11:12 AM
Reef slave

the tank was joey,s i was drained last night.

there are some fish tank display systems and an 800 gallon water container left. half full. so sad.
Old 12/11/2007, 01:48 PM
Worker Drone

I think it's important to keep things like this in mind the next time you think that saving three bucks on a twenty dollar item is worth doing online...

JMO, YMMV

Be an IT consultant!
Old 12/11/2007, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Guys -

It's only business.....

Unless LFS provide better services to justify higher prices then they ought to be out of business.

IMO, most LFS are out there to make a living, not to provide real services to hobbyists. For example, Most of them don't even post price on the goods or live stock that they are selling. For example, Strictly Fish in Placentia, and that new Coral place in Brookhurst & Adam.

You will get two different prices on the same livsetock if you ask two different employees/owners who happens to work there....

What type of business is that? They cant even agree on their own prices....

Good businesses survive and make a profit; bad businesses shut down.

That's the way it's suppose to be....
Old 12/11/2007, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Whats wrong with making a living, isn't that why people open businesses. It is a fact that the internet is killing small businesses. It may not be long before you are buying all your fish and corals sight unseen over the internet. Good Luck GPS!
Old 12/11/2007, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gps
Guys -

It's only business.....

Unless LFS provide better services to justify higher prices then they ought to be out of business.

IMO, most LFS are out there to make a living, not to provide real services to hobbyists. For example, Most of them don't even post price on the goods or live stock that they are selling. For example, Strictly Fish in Placentia, and that new Coral place in Brookhurst & Adam.

You will get two different prices on the same livsetock if you ask two different employees/owners who happens to work there....

What type of business is that? They cant even agree on their own prices....

Good businesses survive and make a profit; bad businesses shut down.

That's the way it's suppose to be....
*** is your problem? There was no need to post this BS. Yeah it's business, but did you ever stop to think that
PEOPLE were affected by this? You treat it like its nothing. FYI Pet Country didn't shut down because of lack of business so ****. You don't even know whats going on so stop acting like you do. Have a nice day you POS
Old 12/11/2007, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dvon0605
*** is your problem? There was no need to post this BS. Yeah it's business, but did you ever stop to think that
PEOPLE were affected by this? You treat it like its nothing. FYI Pet Country didn't shut down because of lack of business so ****. You don't even know whats going on so stop acting like you do. Have a nice day you POS
I have no problem....

There has been and always demand and supply. Shall a business go belly up, so be it. Just don't make a big deal out of it.

I doubt that any LFS out there are in the business for hobbyists' benefits. They are there to make a living and if they can't do it, they go under...

And, please keep your emotional attachment to yourself before cursing at others, who may not share your sentimental attachment to a LFS. Thank you!
Old 12/11/2007, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

And please keep your unnecessary snide comments to yourself. Not everyone enjoys being a ***** like you. Thank you!
Old 12/11/2007, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Shouldn't waste my time with a guy whose livelihood is just an employee for a LFS...
Old 12/11/2007, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Do your posts serve any other purpose then to try and make people feel like crap? Just wondering. Oh, and merry christmas!
Old 12/11/2007, 04:42 PM
Premium Member

Dvon0605 - I happen to know that Pet Country had other problems that led to it's closure. You need to understand that it is natural for someone to speculate as to the reason that a store closes when that info is not made public. Try not to take it personal since the reasons that gsp cited as reasons for a lfs going out of business are the typical reasons that a store closes.

Now let cooler heads prevail.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success

Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!
Old 12/11/2007, 06:01 PM
Premium Member

GPS I think you would feel differently if you were laid off tomorrow, because where you worked closed its doors for whatever reason.
Old 12/11/2007, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

I don't meant to offend anyone nor make anyone feel bad. What I tried to convey was that it was only a business; and if it went belly up, most likely because it was not profitable due to bad business practices or prices or services. And, we shouldn't feel bad because it's just part of doing business. That's all...
Old 12/11/2007, 07:03 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gps
I don't meant to offend anyone nor make anyone feel bad.
I think you should review the post you made prior to this one. I'm sure you can understand why someone might feel that your intent was to offend. It's all good though. We can all be friends again! Sometimes what we type is not always what we mean. It think this is a prime example.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success

Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!
Old 12/11/2007, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

I can see both sides of the argument here .. I think what it comes down to is that everyone just needs to calm down and go fiddle w/ their tanks ... hahaha
Old 12/11/2007, 09:55 PM
RC Mod

Here at Reef Central, we believe that dialogs between participants should be conducted in a friendly and helpful manner. If you disagree with a posting, please express yourself in a way that is conducive to further constructive dialog. Conversely, when you post on any given subject, you must be willing to accept constructive criticism without posting a hostile or inflammatory response. Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. Please let’s work to insure that Reef Central remains a friendly and flame free site where everyone, especially newcomers, can feel free to post questions without fear of being unfairly criticized. Thank you for your cooperation.