Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/25/2006, 03:53 AM
Registered Member

More 240 gallon pictures:
http://www1.hksaltfish.com/phpbb/vie...=84130&start=0
http://www1.hksaltfish.com/phpbb/vie...r=asc&start=16
Old 02/25/2006, 04:05 AM
Registered Member

Those were my old post:

1.http://www1.hksaltfish.com/phpbb/vie...=73379&start=0

2.http://www1.hksaltfish.com/phpbb/vie...r=asc&start=16

3.http://www1.hksaltfish.com/phpbb/vie...r=asc&start=32
Old 02/25/2006, 06:55 AM
Premium Member

honestly dude **** mate.

why do u want to make your self look like a$$hat?
Old 02/25/2006, 07:01 AM
HuNkWiTbIgTrUnK

Call me a fool, but it sure looks reall to me.
Seafood Tank, You gotta give us details man. How long have these fish been in this tank. Are you haveing any probs with aggression, sickness, etc... Last but surely not least. What equipment and methodes are you useing to be able to do this. Nice regal angel by the way.
Old 02/25/2006, 07:32 AM
Premium Member

I knew the bioload rules were a crock.
Old 02/25/2006, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Fish Space/Waste Control

86 fish would probably fit in a 1000 gallon tank with a least some room to swim. I have 10 in a 200 and they don't even have much room. My nitrates are 80. I do 20% water changes each week. I don't have a DSB. I use a wet/dry, no live rock. His tank is working, but, there is no room for the fish to swim.

Last edited by buldog; 02/25/2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02/25/2006, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

HI seafood.

It's not that we dont believe you, but most of us never see any tanks like this. As buldog stated most of us have a smaller amount of fish in our tanks and we are battling waste/nitrate/algae etc., so when we see your tank with a huge population of fishes we all want to know more.

I see that in one of your links you show a picture below your tank. It looks like you have a massive skimmer with an extra sump filled with a DSB I would guess for nitrate control.

Can you comment on your filtration and exactly what you are using for circulation and regualr maintenance?
Old 02/25/2006, 11:18 AM
GO BEARS!!

If this is not a hoax props to you for being able to keep the fish alive. There are many thing that people are able to do and live through it, does it mean it is a good idea to see if you can beat the odds? I really dont think you should post something like this, it is very bad for the newbie looking at this post and saying ok I can keep 30 fish in my 30g tank. Just my .02C Have a little discrestion

Ryan
Old 02/25/2006, 12:43 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
I really don't think you should post something like this, it is very bad for the newbie looking at this post and saying ok I can keep 30 fish in my 30g tank. Just my .02C Have a little discrestion
evolust, I understand your position. However the purpose of this board is to share information ideas and dream about possibilities. I am glad he posted it. It causes me to ask many new questions. The state of reefkeeping today I think will look nothing like it will in ten years.

advancements come through sharing of knowledge and someone trying unheard of things. as for the newbie that may try it. I tried it ten years ago and that was from the lack of information and connection to the types of people I see here on RC. I hope our hobby continues to grow and evolve as it has over the last ten or 20 years.

Seafood I hope you will give us more information beyond the posting of the pictures. we have a lot of questions we would like to ask.

we are so quick with conclusions and accusations sometimes. I hope we can slow down long enough to realize we don't have all the answers. and there might be something to learn here.

Mar
Old 02/25/2006, 02:49 PM
GO BEARS!!

I agree with you.... but sometimes people do very questionable things (like this) and use the excuse Well I'm furthering our hobby and pushing the limits, the only way for the hobby to go is doning something crazy like this to see ehat happens. I think that is crud! Some people just dont understand that that is an animals life they are dealing with, never forget that!

Ryan
Old 02/25/2006, 02:58 PM

Even if all these fish are happy & the bioload problem is handled - aren't you going to need to upgrade to a gigantic tank as you have a whole bunch of fish that are going to get huge ?

So long, & thanks for all the fish!
Old 02/25/2006, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

seafood tank, i believe this is your tank. i dont doubt you. the biggest problem i see is desease, do you ever have ich outbreaks? i'm sure you can control the bioload with massive water changes weekly. Isn't aggression an issue..??? i saw on your video that your large queen angel was chasing your French. give me details.
Old 02/25/2006, 04:44 PM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

If this is true, Its mean
Your fish are bumping into each other
That does not look like a 240 gallon either..mine is 8' long..yours looks 4'
You have a Blue line Angel, very hard to come by..where did you get it?
I don't even know why I clicked on this thread again

Why don't you try shoving yourself and 80 friends in a 8'x8' room and living there for awhile
Old 02/25/2006, 05:00 PM
Premium Member

Whats great to see about this thread is that the same complaining people are on all threads. It's the same thing over and over. whens the last time some of you said anything positive to each other?
said with a smile

Mar
Old 02/25/2006, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

this is my first post on here and i dont know what to say
Old 02/25/2006, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

DUDE UR TANK IS INSANE!

And Yep Definate OVER BIO LOAD.

Just with the tangs..plus those butterflys and angels those fish poop like a horse at the kentucky horse derby.

Though all your fish look happy I have to tell u your doing a good Job.

Keep it up.

Sam
Old 02/25/2006, 07:01 PM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

Quote:
Originally posted by maro1
Whats great to see about this thread is that the same complaining people are on all threads. It's the same thing over and over. whens the last time some of you said anything positive to each other?
said with a smile

Mar

Hmmm, let me see.....Oh what a wonderful video of your fish bumping into one another ..I really enjoy seeing these beautiful creatures crowded in one tank. The aggression among your fish must be marvelous...

ah, that just doesn't sound right
I am sure this person expected to shock people. I am wondering if he just wonders how many fish he can put in one tank. I find it hard to be positive with people who have no regards for the fish in their care. I am not going to sugar coat it.. see here I am in this thread again

You posted after me earlier in this thread, are you following me?
Old 02/25/2006, 07:03 PM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

Quote:
Originally posted by fishandchips
this is my first post on here and i dont know what to say

To Reef Central
Old 02/25/2006, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

Don't expect you to sugar coat it...just expected you to be kind.

Mar
Old 02/25/2006, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Lets get to something constructive, First it is the Kentucky derby not the Kentucky horse derby, second what do you do to keep enough oxygen in the water? If you were to look at a reef while diving it is packed full of fish. We have made many advances in the hobby. We can keep many corals we haven't been able too, and there are/were people against it. This is another aspect of reef keeping that is starting to be tackled. Do not think that I condone this by the person that is doing it because it should be done in a more controlled environment by someone with serious expierience, and his tank is not old enough. You are bashing him for some wrong reason.
Old 02/25/2006, 07:43 PM
Pimping the Lady Boys

Hi
I dont understand why some guys doubt it's Seafood's real tank.

This is a typical Hong Kong tank, I wont be surprised if Seafood was a Hong Kong guy who left to Vancouver where it stated he lives now.

In Hong Kong hobbysts do stock their tanks like this, MANY Angels and tangs and the larger the better.

Do ask the wholesellers in 104th where the 12" Queen and French Angels are going.

When you stuff your tank like this you wont have too many problem with aggression, there is almost no decoration, so there wont be any territorries set and there are simply too many fish to chase for the agressor.
It's sounds weired, but I see it all the time.

I personally dont think it's the right way to keep fish, as the fish wont develop and grow as much as they would in more optimal conditions.
The numbers of failures are way much higher than the numbers of success.
Old 02/25/2006, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

I think I'd start to twitch & my eyes would cross if I tried
to enjoy watching all those fish at one time.

P.S.--maro1, good luck with your new tank. I can't wait to
see how many angels you can keep in a 400 G
Old 02/25/2006, 08:11 PM
Premium Member

JMX2
Quote:
P.S.--maro1, good luck with your new tank. I can't wait to
I will post the pic when I get it done.

JMX2, My two goals in life, Download the ENTIRE internet to my hard drive and keep ALL the angels of the world in my new tank
Old 02/25/2006, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

I'd guess you could get about 149 angels in a tank of that size if you find out Seafood boy's secret. I would put a little green smilie face here except I can't get them to appear.
Old 02/26/2006, 12:21 AM
Registered Member

I dont think advancement of the hobby includes mistreatment of animals. You could also keep 86 cats in a 15x15 ft building with a bunch of shelves as long as you cleaned it enough ... I don't think anyone would think that's a great idea either. Not to mention, IMO tanks that are too overcrowded are supremely ugly.