Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Orlando Reef Caretakers Association (ORCA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/06/2007, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

WWC stock??

I was thinking about visiting WWC for the first time this weekend. Has anyone been there within the past day or so?
I want to know what kind of selection of zoanthids they have available.
I know they could be sold now, but this gives me an idea on whether or not I should wait until they get another shipment in.

Anyone know the new shipment days?

I'm broke!
Old 09/06/2007, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

I have no idea on shipment dates, but I've been there on late Sunday's and they still have a great selection, esp. of zoas.
Old 09/07/2007, 01:15 AM
Registered Member

Great store they have a lot. they have ten 120s of straight coral!
Old 09/07/2007, 05:06 AM
Registered Member

wow. That's alot. I will definitely check it out then. thanks

I'm broke!
Old 09/07/2007, 05:54 AM
Registered Member

Does he even get in shipments or does he just aquaculture all his own?
Old 09/07/2007, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by osiris4evr
Great store they have a lot. they have ten 120s of straight coral!
Dang, I was hoping the extra tanks would be for the fish I thought I heard they were evenutally going to stock. As anyone heard that they are going to do some fish or do they have some already?
Old 09/09/2007, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

Today was my first trip to WWC and I must say I was very impressed. They had ALOT of stock. So much so, that it took me a long time to make any decisions on what I wanted.

I was on the hunt for zoanthids and he helped me with the names of some of the frags and the prices were very reasonable. I left with 5 frags and I could have easily decided on an additional 25!!
I will definitely return.

If anyone wants to know if they sell fish, they do not. It is all corals. A reef lover's store.

Nice job, WWC!

I'm broke!
Old 09/10/2007, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

I gotta make it out there... but this is a baad week. It's actually a great week - MACNA on Friday! Still, a bad week to make it that far south. Although Wednesday... yes, Wednesday, I believe, will work!

Looking forward to checking it out!
Danielle
Old 09/10/2007, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

I think I may check them out on Thurs.
Old 09/10/2007, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

You guys shouldn't be dissapointed.

I'm broke!
Old 09/12/2007, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

Just got back with a couple of nice frags - nice shop, nice guys, wide selection, even though they said they were pretty picked over. Still, some very pretty pieces - definitely worth the drive across town.

I will say that finding the place was tricky - it's not right on OBT, but rather in a group of shops behind OBT. It's on the east side of the street, between Pepper Mill and Whispering Lakes. Still, once I found it, it's quite the setup.
Old 09/12/2007, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Yea, also note to not try to take that entrance bump at any type of speed in any type of car either....
Old 09/12/2007, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by customanimalart
Today was my first trip to WWC and I must say I was very impressed. They had ALOT of stock. So much so, that it took me a long time to make any decisions on what I wanted.

I was on the hunt for zoanthids and he helped me with the names of some of the frags and the prices were very reasonable. I left with 5 frags and I could have easily decided on an additional 25!!
I will definitely return.

If anyone wants to know if they sell fish, they do not. It is all corals. A reef lover's store.

Nice job, WWC!
Here are my first photos of the frags I got from WWC

I am guessing on a couple of the names (by using zoaid.com) If any are wrong, PLEASE let me know. Sometimes the similarities are hard to discern from the actual. I only want to know the names for those frag buyers who want to know what I am selling. JSYK.

This is Purple Stardust PE

These are what look to be Green Lanterns.
They are the dark purple ones in the center rock. The others are in front and back (in a row) of these.

These look like the Blue Abyss. The zoas are a bit darker than normal in this picture from the actinics

I believe this is a Pink Sparkle Paly.I forgot for sure what he told me it was. Sorry, but it is still openeing up even after 3 days

Man O Man, I can't wait to get my hands on some more. PPE and Armor of Gods and Devils Armor are some others near and dear to my heart (uh, I mean 'addiction')

I'm broke!