Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Invert and Plant Forums > Mantis Shrimp
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/23/2004, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

Electricity and Mantis II

Hey guys dont get disturbed....

The amount of ampers given with 5 or 12 volts with separeted wires in that salinity conditions is extremaly low. I made this experiment at 80s in highschool to condition fishes to light responce after a LITTLE electrical shock. This does not harm to enybody.
Old 10/23/2004, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Hey Simms142, you are obviously an ignorant about copper, electricity and salt water. Ask before being offensive.

Touch the two 9 volts batt contacts with yor tounge, is the same effect!!!

Metals in water or air do not assosiate with others elementes so fast (as you belive), crystalization in copper takes a long time.......

go back to school man........

Last edited by A. Iosue; 10/23/2004 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10/23/2004, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Hey Simms 142 do you really think that.....

A much better way to get him out is to take the rock out, and squirt fresh water into the hole. Have heard club soda works wonders as well as a syringe of ultra salty water. I have a smallish G. Smithii in in my reef and he wont hurt a snail, hermit, he just chills and waits for me to feed him shrimp. Anyways, you could syphon him out, find where he lives, put a clear tube over his home, and suck him into the tube when he comes to inspect....

is a better way!!!..... you are fired.... I do not want to kill the rest of my inhabitants. Do you have anemones? look at them when you change salinity or adding any other thing, and they lives in that corals. Club Soda! is better for whisky man. As I told you, electricity is the safeter way to take out mantis from their cave.
Old 10/23/2004, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

I don't think you're going to find any converts on this board for the "Electricity Method".