Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/06/2008, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

Guys I was thinking

I have a 225gl in wall african cichlid tank right.I was thinking about taking it down and set it up as a saltwater fish only tank.tell me guys what do you all think peace.by the way I'm working on my 65gl high reef set up::
Freshwater is Great but Saltwater is the best; Top Dog Tanks.take your time spend some money and you will do great:peace. just do it ;you only live once but you can also live again Acts 2:38
Old 01/06/2008, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

If I were you, I would stick to the 60 gallon for now and gain some more experience!

You do realize that to keep the 225 running, it would take 10x more $$ to start it up and such. I would get more experience under my belt before I took on something like that! Although, I wish I had a 225 gallon tank....WHAT A BEAST.

Have fun whether you decide to do it or not.

--Jim C.
Old 01/06/2008, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Awesome idea! In wall is the way to go!!

~Its not the size of the skimmer but the motion of the ocean~

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
Old 01/06/2008, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Go for It, you allready have a head start! Its In the wall. IMO I would do the marine in the 225 and put your cichlid in the 65 or even better find the nearest lake or canal and say peace.

Check out my 90G build. Click the little red house.
Old 01/06/2008, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MR PALM BEACH
Go for It, you allready have a head start! Its In the wall. IMO I would do the marine in the 225 and put your cichlid in the 65 or even better find the nearest lake or canal and say peace.
no man I'm not going to do that.if I break it down ;I'm going to sell the fish before I start.they are really costly.here's a pic of one of them and once I sell them that well help me out with the cost on the set up
Freshwater is Great but Saltwater is the best; Top Dog Tanks.take your time spend some money and you will do great:peace. just do it ;you only live once but you can also live again Acts 2:38
Old 01/06/2008, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

Hey that pic is 3 yrs old those fish should be double the size by now , good luck on the build be sure to post some progress pics when you start.

Check out my 90G build. Click the little red house.
Old 01/06/2008, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

no it's not 3yrs got to change the date on the camera.but I'm about to start on my 65gl high I'm going to post step by step peace
Old 01/07/2008, 02:15 AM
Registered Member

In wall is so SICK!
Old 01/07/2008, 08:04 AM
Premium Member

I would go ahead with the plan. I have a reef and I also have a FOWLR. The FO takes only a very small fraction of the attention, time and effort that the reef takes and, while I never kept African Cichlids, I have and do keep freshwater aquariums, and I find that the FOWLR takes barely any more effort than a freshwater tank. In fact...it's just about no effort at all compared to a reef.