Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/20/2005, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

SF Bay Area Live Rock For Sale

Tropical Paradise informed me that they're not sure when they are going to get any more live rock. Any other Bay area stores have anything? I have a friend who's setting up a 24 gallon nano reef. Thanks.
Old 01/20/2005, 10:39 PM
Resident physicist.

Did that caulerpa ban bill go into effect? Eitherway many stores have live rock, which side of the bay are you on?
Old 01/20/2005, 10:41 PM
Premium Member

"Everything fishie" on Grand st. in Oakland has a bunch of LR for sale. I got some a couple days ago. Also "the Occtupuss'd Garden" in Berkeley have some really nice peices for sale.

-Karlitosway
Old 01/21/2005, 12:13 AM
Premium Member

Aquatic Gallery get fresh live rock in every week. You could also order florida rock from liverocks.com or tbs. The prices aren't bad and the rock has lots of life on it if you like that. Of course if you don't like hunting for isopods, crabs, mantis shrimp and killer bristle worms you may want to stay away from it
Old 01/21/2005, 12:42 AM
Registered Member

James at Aquascene has some in Hayward.
Old 01/21/2005, 12:51 AM
Premium Member

We have not had ANY problems getting rock. Get in 5-10 boxes every week from LA.

Dont know why there would be any problems in the furture. The caulerpa situation will work out, exporters and importers will not tollerate a ban. Walt Smith, I am sure has a lot of pull and he is one of the biggest importers in the business.

we'll see.....

tyler