Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best overall LFS?
About the Reef 33 35.87%
Aquarium Arts 11 11.96%
AZ Seabottom 14 15.22%
Pets Inc. 11 11.96%
AquaTouch 23 25.00%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12/21/2007, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

Question Best overall LFS

What is the best overall LFS? As far as prices, customer service, health of live stock?
Old 12/21/2007, 11:59 PM
Registered Member

is this a joke.??? haha only open a couple months and you know who gets my vote... they have sweet deals and even sweeter aquariums.
Old 12/22/2007, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

I voted for the one that has the best customer service and personality. They also have good suggestions are eager to help. Wonderful looking fish and corals. Always there when you need help. Yaaaaaaaa ATR.
Old 12/22/2007, 01:16 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
What is the best overall LFS? As far as prices, customer service, health of live stock?
You have got to be kidding. I've gotten great deals at every store. I've gotten good service at all. Why can't we just acknowledge we are lucky to have several great stores to visit? And to compete with each other.
Old 12/22/2007, 02:02 AM
Premium Member

I agree with Phil. All of them have strengths and weaknesses. The level of knowledge and professionlism is hard to beat
Old 12/22/2007, 02:45 AM
][D][][V][][D

I get stuff from all also, most of my livestock from ATR, since they quarantine, and are the only one with a 7 day SW fish guarantee. I have never lost any livestock from ATR either--everything is always healthy as can be. I have yet to go to AZseabottom, but I have purchased a ton of stuff from Paul when he was working out of his house. I have bought stuff from all the other stores as well, except for aquatouch--it is WAY too far from me. AZseabottom is pretty far as well.
Old 12/22/2007, 03:08 AM
Registered Member

dude pets inc shouldnt even be on here, lol they have ok coral, god deals some times, and live rock for 8+ dollars a pound!!! wow pauls is half that and way more colorful, paul has a quaritine ststem too, had to wait 2-3 weeks on all of my fishys that he got in
Old 12/22/2007, 03:30 AM
Registered Member

I agree.. you hit upon the top 5 stores in town. Have really no problems dealing with any of them at anytime.
Old 12/22/2007, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

I knew this was going to be a controversial post. I have had the same, good and bad service at all of these stores. Im not trying to single out any one store.
Old 12/22/2007, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

To me they are all good. I have three of them with in 15 min from my place.

I just cant wait to see AZ Seabottom new coral display up and running. When should it be up and running???
Old 12/22/2007, 07:24 PM
Mushroom King

I'm thrilled I have 5-6-7-8-9 stores to choose from if I decide to go drive around for the day and check them all out.
CS- AT
Healthy LS- ATR
Prices - AZSB

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 12/22/2007, 10:33 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, CS at Aquatouch is pretty good That Scott guy always smells like coffee though...
Old 12/22/2007, 11:00 PM
Zoa's ROCK!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JMCAquarium
I'm thrilled I have 5-6-7-8-9 stores to choose from
Lucky! In tuc there are like 3 actual stores and petco.
Old 12/23/2007, 12:27 AM
][D][][V][][D

Quote:
Originally posted by Kentanner11
Lucky! In tuc there are like 3 actual stores and petco.
thats pretty good actually....
Old 12/23/2007, 12:29 AM
Mushroom King

Yeah, CS at Aquatouch is pretty good That Scott guy always smells like coffee though...

lol, the little guy Chris or the owner always has helped me have yet to meet the coffe guy.

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

Old 12/23/2007, 12:45 AM
Registered Member

the people at AT are nice and helpful, yes. But, sometimes it's a little difficult to get any help at all. Or just get rung up if I only have a few small things I pulled off the shelves myself. I'd like it more if they had a couple people that only did the registers, and the rest helped customers.

I like them all, but haven't been to AA yet, so I don't know. Pets Inc is probably at the bottom of my list now. Haven't been there in a while.

I like AZSB's prices, and Paul is helpful. That blonde guy that sometimes is there watching over the store is not my favorite...always has to call someone to answer a question, not sure about stuff, etc. The livestock I've gotten from Paul has been awesome.

ATR...depends on the day I think. Sometimes I go in there and I'm really happy with my shopping experience. Other days, I'm not too thrilled. Not quite sure what the deal with that is. Last time I was in there I saw a lot of dead fish in the tanks.
Old 12/23/2007, 12:49 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, that little guy Chris is just kinda sortta maybe a LITTLE tiny bit sarcastic at times but he knows his stuff. I like the other Chris much better though .
Old 12/23/2007, 12:56 AM
Registered Member

I always enjoy going to the West Valley Tropical Fish Emporium. They always have the best selection, the most colorful corals, and the girls on rollerskates offer the best service in town. Last week during the "free frag Friday" I picked up some real winners. Murphy, the owner, says he'll be getting in some rare stuff from Florida and the Great Barrier Reef this week. I give this place two thumbs up.

I think all of the LFS here in the valley are pretty good. I really need to get down and visit Paul soon.
Old 12/23/2007, 01:31 AM
Mushroom King

West Valley Tropical Fish Emporium

??? who what where ???? never heard of this place where it be ???

Old 12/23/2007, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

Girls on rollerskates!?!?!? I need an Address man!!!
Old 12/23/2007, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MelloYellow
Yeah, that little guy Chris is just kinda sortta maybe a LITTLE tiny bit sarcastic at times but he knows his stuff. I like the other Chris much better though .
LOL you are funny!
Old 12/24/2007, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

All the stores are great to have in the valley. Each having it's own supporters and one's opposed is healthy competition in my own view. Partial to ATR myself, but I shop them all.
Old 12/24/2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

AquaTouch gets my vote for favorite. Cant beat their CS. Its nice to go into a store that the employees know your name and have knowledge requirements to get on the sells floor. That and I live around the corner so I visit often.
All the stores in the valley are great.
Cant wait to see AZSB when its done. Paul will surely be contender for CS. He goes out of his way for any of his customers.
ATR with their free education classes. Love when the store wants you to be informed to that extent. To spend time and money on it. Give free frags at the fragging classes. To cool.
AA has the best prices on livestock. Good customer service.
Old 12/25/2007, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

I am bias these days : ) AA has been excellent in all aspects for me, not that the others are bad cause I rarely go into them these days! Z
Old 12/25/2007, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

i think its kinda hard to vote Azseabottom since paul does not have the hole store up and running yet. Is it just me thinking that??