Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/06/2007, 03:28 AM
dustin323 dustin323 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Acrylicsumps.com what a JOKE

Man this is sorry, what a mistake on my part.

I ordered it from www.acrylicsumps.com totally not recommended to anyone. I first had contacted him on November 21st about getting it built & I need it before Christmas. He said if I paid quickly then there would be only 2 people in front of me & he could probally get it to me by Christmas. No promises......ok that is cool. Well he didn't get it by then which was fine but he still has not gotten it to me. This is getting redicolous, he says to have finished it, but hasn't shipped it out yet. All what he keeps doing is making excuses, if he has it done it isn't hard to ship something out. If he don't have time to do this, then he shouldn't as I'm sure this isn't his real job. We'll see if it gets his by Saturday if not I want a refund. He didn't reply back to my emails about a tracking number. Heres our emails, most recent first.

2:17 AM 1/05/07Dustin Loflin (offroader525@hotmail.com)
To: Richard Miller (admin@acrylicsumps.com)

Subject: RE: Is it done yet?

So did it ever ship out? I realize things take time & from what I've seen of your work it looks great. I realize other things pop up, but that is not the way it should happen in business. General business rules are if you promise something than you must keep it. You said you were done with it on Friday, that is what really bothers me. It don't take much to ship something off. All what I am asking is just get it out to me.

Sincerely,

Dustin

Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 20:26:08 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

Things take time and other things pop up. Sorry you are so "fed up" about this. I really tried to get it out by X-mas, I was on vacation from then until the first. I make all of these by hand myself and sometimes it takes a bit longer than anticipated even for the smallest of parts.

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Well whenever it does actually ship out please send me over a tracking number. I am fed up with the time it has taken for this thing. Just look back at our emails & look at how many times you said you'd have it out by, finished by, received by.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:36:20 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

I was just able to get the box today, with you being semi close it should be there on Sat.

Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey, you should received that payment last week. So when should I be receiving it? Thanks

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:50:59 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

OK, good news for you. I finally got the FedEx site to work and The typical box that I usually ship out these long sumps in would cost you $86 just for the freight that is not including packing material. So I got on the phone and called my box place and they have one a bit smaller and I ran the quote on that one and it came out much less. With the packing matrerial and everything it will run you $50 total to ship it. As soon as it hits I will go get the box, get it packed up, and get it on the road.

Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Did you ever get the price on shipping? I am really in bad need of getting this in.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:58:58 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

Sorry, I just got back in this morning. Yes I am done lets get square on the freight and it will be on the way! I will shoot you an email later on with a quote.

Thanks, Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey I emailed you the other day, but you never replied. In your last email you said it would be totally done on Friday, so is it? When will it ship? I'm hoping to recieve it soon.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:52:20 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

I will be totally finished with it on Fri. I came down with something early this week and it really slowed me down in the shop. I was hoping to have it done on Wed. Hopefully I can ship it off on Sat.

Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey, any idea on when it will be ready for shipment?

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:41:10 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

I did a lot of work on it today, hopefully we can get it gone early this next week.

Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:

Oh its no biggie, I had just said that, that is fine.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:00:53 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

can you re-send that last email, I accidentally deleted it.

Thanks

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey man I just wanted to check up on the sump & see if it is close to being finished.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Dustin Loflin (offroader525@hotmail.com)
To: Richard Miller (admin@acrylicsumps.com)

Subject: RE: Progress on my sump

Sounds great, thanks.

Sincerely,

Dustin Gen 1 Performance

Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 12:49:50 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

I have all of the material cut and ready to glue. I have not started on building it yet but you will def. have it before christmas!

Thanks, Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey man I just wanted to check on the progress of my sump & if you about when it should be ready? Let me know & thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Dustin Loflin (offroader525@hotmail.com)
To: Richard Miller (admin@acrylicsumps.com)

Subject: RE: Want a sump built

Ok, you should have gotten the payment yesterday. Thanks

Sincerely,

Dustin Gen 1 Performance

Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:27:07 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

Hey, just wantd to let you know that I was going to go to the supply house tomorrow and would like to go ahead and pick up the material for your sump.

Thanks, Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Awesome sounds great & the price isn't bad neither. Some of the stock sized sumps from places are more than yours, & yours are customs. So I'll defiantely be paid up tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Dustin Gen 1 Performance
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:30:19 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

The plate will be filled with holes, not just around the perimeter and will be more like a tray so that it will force the water to go thought it and it will hold the filter pad better. It is just hard to show that detail with this type of drawing. From the plate it will drain into the fuge which is 13" long. Then it will spill over into the skimmer area which is 15" long. After that it goes though the bubble traps and then into the return area which takes up the remainder of the sump.

Thanks, Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Ok, looks nice. So to be clear the filter pad will sit on top of that plate with the few holes on my right hand side? Under there is the skimmer, then skimmer area, & then return? So does the water just drain on top of that plate or what? Let me know & tomorrow I can get my father to send the PayPal payment over to you. Not sure the email address he uses, but it will be from David Loflin. Anyway I know you can't promise getting this thing to me by Christmas, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could try your best.

Sincerely,

Dustin Gen 1 Performance
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:29:11 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

Ok here ya go. The only thing is that the filter plate will be flled with holes I just did not finish it in the drawing because it takes a while. That plate is over the fuge where the water will drain then it will go into the skimmer area, bubble traps, and lastly return area. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Ok, well lets just do the specs you mentioned. As far as the skimmer there are other models out there & I can get away with the 150 model which is smaller. So that isn't a biggie. The size of the sump sounds perfect. I will not need bulkheads for it. I don't have a size on the filter pad or too much of a preference. I will be using the un-cut blue bonded filter pad so I can cut it to whatever size. So basically just make it where it can hold a reasonable sized pad & that you think would be good. My Father is purchasing this for me as a Christmas present so he will be paying. I can get him to PayPal you tomorrow. Now before I pay can you get me a 3D drawing like mentioned on your site?

Sincerely,

Dustin Gen 1 Performance
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:40:44 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

Ok, I will build it to a size of 40"x10.5"x16" that is in (LWH) format. It will have a fuge, skimmer, return area, and a place for filter pad. (do you have an approx. size you want for filter pad?) One thing that I am concerned with is this skimmer, you said that the footprint is 10.5 x 15. The material I use is 1/4" thick so if the room you have to work with is only 10.5" and I build the sump to exactly 10.5" that will only leave 10" of usable room inside the sump. Also are you going to need any bulkheads on this sump? If you want to reserve your place in line the cost of the sump will be $300 (pending bulkheads) but the freight is extra and I can not determine that until I am finished but I can tell you that a very average cost is around $40 to ship and that is not required to be paid until I am finished with it. My paypal is...

PayPal@acrylicsumps.com

Thanks, Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:

Well I am sure I want you to do it, I've seen your work on a forum & it looks great. I want the return pump in sump. I would prefer go with the single drain line, if that is ok with the fuge. Let me know & I'm ready to pay.

Sincerely,

Dustin Gen 1 Performance
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:49:47 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

I should be able to get it there before then but I can not promise that for sure 100%. Only because I have 2 in front of you if you get in line right now. I have about 5 more people waning things right now and I build them in order of payment received. If you do decide to have me build it then the sooner we can finalize the deal the sooner I can get started on it. As far as the return pump can you plumb it externally or do you want it in the sump? Also do you want it to just have the one drain line or are you going to split it for the fuge?

Thanks, Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi, yes it is the standard 55 gallon tank & the dimensions I gave you is the room I have underneath it. The protein skimmer I am getting for it will be the Octopus NW200, which the footprint on that is; 10.5 inches X 15 inches. For the return pump either a Mag drive 5 or 7. Is it possible for me to get this sump before Christmas?

Sincerely,

Dustin Gen 1 Performance
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:51:44 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

I have built plenty of sumps for 55g tanks before. Is this just the standard rectangle 55 gallon tank? What kind of skimmer and return pump are you considering?

Thanks, Doss

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I am interested in getting a custom built sump by you. I have a 55 gallon Reef tank. I'm not 100% for sure on how exactly I want it, but I'm sure you know better than I do so I hope you can help me out. I want a refugium in the sump & also room for a protein skimmer. I do not want bio-balls in there, but I would like some mechanical filtration incorporated in, basically just a filter pad. Let me give you the measurements I have to use; 41" long, 26" height, & 10.5" depth. That is the measurements underneath my tank. Let me know on what you can do. I'm ready to purchase this as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Dustin Gen 1 Performance
Blue Monkey Arcade
__________________
55g Mixed LPS & Softie Reef. 260 watts PC, 24g Sump/Fuge, CSS 220 ProtienSkimmer.
Old 01/06/2007, 10:43 AM
Stormtrker Stormtrker is offline
Premium Member

Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Wow dustin!! I got a small sump for a 30G cube tank from this same guy earlier last year and had exact same experience. Did finally get the sump about a month later than promised. (It was well made though.) I would definitely not order another one from him as it was not worth the hassle!(In fact I recently ordered a 50G custom sump from Miracles In Glass and got it about 2wks later-was extremely well made & would definitely recommend them to anyone.) Your emails read almost same as ones I got from him with almost exact same excuses! Hope this works out in your favor!
Old 01/06/2007, 01:39 PM
dustin323 dustin323 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks for the reply Stormtrker, now I am very glad I posted this. Maybe we helped some other people from the hassle. It justs ticks me off so much. I realize that this probally isn't his full time job just a little side thing, but he must treat it as a real business.
__________________
55g Mixed LPS & Softie Reef. 260 watts PC, 24g Sump/Fuge, CSS 220 ProtienSkimmer.
Old 01/06/2007, 04:58 PM
Grumpy Vet Grumpy Vet is offline
Reefer

Location: Columbia, MD
Quote:
Wow dustin!! I got a small sump for a 30G cube tank from this same guy earlier last year and had exact same experience. Did finally get the sump about a month later than promised. (It was well made though.) I would definitely not order another one from him as it was not worth the hassle!(In fact I recently ordered a 50G custom sump from Miracles In Glass and got it about 2wks later-was extremely well made & would definitely recommend them to anyone.) Your emails read almost same as ones I got from him with almost exact same excuses! Hope this works out in your favor!
Would you have any contact info on Miracles in Glass or another acrylic custom sump maker?

I'm having a sump designed for a 54G corner and would like to price how much someone would charge me to build our design.

Thanks.
__________________
Yes, the same Grumpy Vet from the All You Ever Wanted to Know About Southdown Thread w/ over 74,000 views. Please, no autographs.
Old 01/06/2007, 05:19 PM
dustin323 dustin323 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Grumpy vet here is the link for Miracles Glass http://www.miraclesaquariums.com/

& also www.envisionacrylics.com
__________________
55g Mixed LPS & Softie Reef. 260 watts PC, 24g Sump/Fuge, CSS 220 ProtienSkimmer.
Old 01/06/2007, 07:32 PM
Grumpy Vet Grumpy Vet is offline
Reefer

Location: Columbia, MD
Thank you.
__________________
Old 01/10/2007, 01:06 AM
Plato Plato is offline
Registered Member

Location: Yadkinville, NC
If you paied with a credit card, use your card privliges to recend your order. In other words they refund your money and go after the seller.
__________________
Genesis 2:28
God blessed them and said to them,"Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
Old 01/13/2007, 01:06 AM
dustin323 dustin323 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Ok so it finally came in. I want ya'll to take a look at these contradicitng emails. One was posted above, but I'm putting it down here to show the mess-up.

Richard Miller (admin@acrylicsumps.com)
To: Dustin Loflin (offroader525@hotmail.com)

Subject: RE: Tracking number please

here is the fedex tracking, it is
659128455034323

I tracked it and it said that I dropped it off last week but that it was not picked up untill Monday. I asked them when I was there if ground had picked up and they said no. I dont know why this was not picked up the same day. Anyways it says that it will be there tomorrow the 10th.

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
HAHA, yeah it surely is.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:16:40 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

hey is this you?

http://www.myspace.com/gen1performance

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:

Ok cool, thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:58:05 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

Yea it should of been there. When my wife gets home I will get the tracking receipt out of her car. Should be around 6pm.

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey man I was wondering if you could get me the tracking number. I know if it has shipped its out of your hands, but I want to see whats going on with it. Because on the 6th you said it shipped out days ago & now its the 9th & aren't you in Texas? It seems it should have made it. Let me know.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 11:46:01 -0800
From: admin@acrylicsumps.com
To: offroader525@hotmail.com

yes it has been shipped out days ago.

Dustin Loflin <offroader525@hotmail.com> wrote:

So did it ever ship out? I realize things take time & from what I've seen of your work it looks great. I realize other things pop up, but that is not the way it should happen in business. General business rules are if you promise something than you must keep it. You said you were done with it on Friday, that is what really bothers me. It don't take much to ship something off. All what I am asking is just get it out to me.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Blue Monkey Arcade

On Friday he said it had been shipped off days ago. Which would typically mean at least two days ago. On Tuesday he said he shipped it out on Friday. Way to lie. I got it in & it is nice work though I don't feel the best by no means. I wills urely not be using him again. Also I don't know why, but he asked me if that was me on MySpace which it is, but a little out of the blues that he looked me up on there.
55g Mixed LPS & Softie Reef. 260 watts PC, 24g Sump/Fuge, CSS 220 ProtienSkimmer.