Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)

Old 11/26/2007, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

I believe so... should be dja1980... let me know if you find it.

Let me know when you want to rent some games and try that thing out! I haven't really had a chance to check mine out yet... I'll bring over my controller.
Old 11/26/2007, 01:26 PM
OT GODFATHER

sweet..i'll send an invite...

looks like i'm gonna have to finally break down and get a wireless router....
I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 11/26/2007, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Oh yeah, which PS3 model did you get? I think only the 60GB one has wireless built in, but maybe they changed that.
Old 11/26/2007, 04:25 PM
OT GODFATHER

nah, it's got wireless...i just snagged the 40gig, it said the only differance was

a. hard drive (easily upgradeable)
b. 4 USB 2.0 Ports (instead of 2) (hub remedies this i believe)
c. Backward Compatibility (don't care)
d. CompactFlash®/SD Memory Card/Memory Stick™ (i can use a usb card reader for this) or i just plug my camera into it
I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 11/26/2007, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Backward Compatibility? Are they referring to being able to play PS2 and PS1 games? I can't imagine that the 40GB version wouldn't be able to play the old games. You can tell how much I've researched these things .
Old 11/26/2007, 04:51 PM
OT GODFATHER

yeah, it won't play them....but i don't care about that....
Old 11/26/2007, 05:35 PM
Tank Collector

Already solved assassins creed....

Next time I fire it up im going to send out the friends list invites to all of you, so look out for it.
Old 11/27/2007, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Feel free to send me a PlayStation Network friend invite, people... I tried to make my name the same as my Xbox Live name, but it wouldn't let me...

PSN name: N3GAT1VE_CR33P
Old 11/27/2007, 04:24 PM
OT GODFATHER

i'll send invite tonight....

what are the good online games to get??

is that modern warfare game out yet?
Old 11/27/2007, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

I was wondering about the downloadable games also... I was browsing them through the PS3 last night. Are any of them any good?
Old 11/27/2007, 05:23 PM
OT GODFATHER

I downloaded a bunch of demos, can't wait to check them out tonight. I have been pleasently surprised at the tons of customizations you can do with this thing....!
Old 11/28/2007, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Good online games to play on PS3:

Rainbow Six Vegas (although the 360 version is slightly better)
Resistance: Fall of Man
Call of Duty 4

Good PS3 demos available for download:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (asking for this for Christmas)
The Simpsons Game

I have to admit... I really really really want to play my PS3 more often than I do, but their online service (quite frankly) sucks when compared to the service that you get from Xbox Live.
Old 11/28/2007, 01:56 PM
OT GODFATHER

what makes it so much worse?

I heard the update they are going to do with their online service is supposed to be pretty sweet????
Old 11/28/2007, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by craftytony
what makes it so much worse?

I heard the update they are going to do with their online service is supposed to be pretty sweet????
Well, it's kind of like the old saying "you get what you pay for"... Sony's online service is free, and Xbox Live's online service costs $50 for 13 months... it seems to me like my $50 is going towards something useful - like a more stable server, routine dashboard updates, and other online upgrades. You also have the ability to voice chat with people, no matter what game the two of you might be playing.

When I am playing a game on Sony's network, the rooms constantly lag... just like it was playing PS2 games online... which to me, is completely unacceptable.

The future update for Sony's network sounds good in theory, but I am left wondering how smoothly it will actually run.
Old 11/28/2007, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Tony, I went on last night and could see that you were online. It's pretty sweet that you can see what other people are currently playing... I could see what demos you were trying out. How did you change your picture from the default gray smiley? I could only find different colored smileys.

I think Nomi and I might go and rent a game tonight... you're more than welcome to stop over if you'd like.
Old 11/28/2007, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dja1980
How did you change your picture from the default gray smiley? I could only find different colored smileys.

I think Nomi and I might go and rent a game tonight...
It somewhere in your user options, where you can change your PSN avatar... like my current PSN avatar is Kratos, from God of War.

If you want to rent a good game... give Assassin's Creed or Heavenly Sword a try... I played the Heavenly Sword demo yesterday, and it was pretty fricken sweet.

Did you send me a friend list request? If not, shame on you.
Old 11/28/2007, 03:56 PM
OT GODFATHER

nagative creepy....did you get my request????

juan you slacker....accept my request!!!!
you too tealbag cobrita!
Old 11/28/2007, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by N3gative Cr33p
If you want to rent a good game... give Assassin's Creed or Heavenly Sword a try... I played the Heavenly Sword demo yesterday, and it was pretty fricken sweet.
Those look pretty sweet... I'll have to give those a shot sometime. As for tonight, we need to pick something out more kid friendly... I was thinking more on the lines of Sonic or Ratchet & Clank?

Thanks for the avatar info!
Old 11/28/2007, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
nagative creepy....did you get my request???
Not yet... but I will accept it tonight when I get home from work.

Quote:
Those look pretty sweet... I'll have to give those a shot sometime. As for tonight, we need to pick something out more kid friendly... I was thinking more on the lines of Sonic or Ratchet & Clank?

Thanks for the avatar info!
No problem on the avatar info... I have lots of video game knowledge to share.

If I had to choose between those two games, I'd sooner give Ratchet and Clank a try... but when you're ready to play a good "adult" kind of video game, give Assassin's Creed a shot!!!
Old 11/28/2007, 08:06 PM
Moved On

sorry, ever since I stopped getting email requests from these posts, i dont see them... haha

negative, the online USED to be bad... but since my last update, its SWEET. I get online quick as hell for COD4, and Guitar Hero 3... which used to take FOREVER. I think they fixed it. The xbox live is good... but ps3 is better because its free. lol I'll accept you later tonya you mcfoolio. I just got my $20 Rainbox Six vegas from amazon.com for the xbox, so im gonna be doing that later tho
Old 11/29/2007, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Tony.... I accepted your invite last night... nice avatar!

Quote:
Originally posted by MrMexReefer
negative, the online USED to be bad... but since my last update, its SWEET.
First of all... where's my PSN friend invite, man?

You should go out and buy a lottery ticket, then... I had to login twice (even with my auto login setting turned on) just to accept Tony's friend invite last night... great network, Sony.

Rainbow Six: Vegas is a very good game on both systems... the only considerable difference that I've noticed is that Xbox Live's servers happen to be less laggier than Sony's. Not to mention the game on Sony's machine seems to be rendered darker than the Xbox 360 version.

(Ubisoft has a bad record with porting games over to any of Sony's PlayStation consoles.)

Other than that, they're identical... I just wish my rank was the same on both games.
Old 11/29/2007, 01:17 PM
OT GODFATHER

So I downloaded that Clive Barker game, and the uncharted game....Talk about phenomenal games....the graphics AND gameplay in both blew me away.
I did try out halo3 on my buddies xbox 360 and I was less than impressed, it almost seemed like it was a regular xbox version. That fightnight game had some sweet graphics with the spit and everything flying out the guys face when he gets punched lol

I haven't played online yet with the PS3, but signing on has never been an issue yet....

and i was looking up info on the Sony "home" online feature...when is this supposed to come out? It does look pretty frickin awesome if it does end up working as planned....
Old 11/29/2007, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
So I downloaded that Clive Barker game, and the uncharted game....Talk about phenomenal games....the graphics AND gameplay in both blew me away.
I did try out halo3 on my buddies xbox 360 and I was less than impressed, it almost seemed like it was a regular xbox version. That fightnight game had some sweet graphics with the spit and everything flying out the guys face when he gets punched lol

I haven't played online yet with the PS3, but signing on has never been an issue yet....

and i was looking up info on the Sony "home" online feature...when is this supposed to come out? It does look pretty frickin awesome if it does end up working as planned....
Wow... I am shocked to hear that you liked that Clive Barker game... I thought it was average, at best.

Uncharted could very well be my sleeper hit of the year... I can't wait to play the full version of the game after I (hopefully) get it for a Christmas/birthday gift.

I traded in Halo 3 after playing it for a week and a half... still shocked that I got well over $40 in trade credit on that turd...

Last I heard, that "Home" feature will be released sometime in 2008... I want to say that I heard summer of 2008. I agree... it should be cool if it all works correctly... but with the experiences I have had with Sony, I will have to see it to believe it.
Old 11/29/2007, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Wow... that does look pretty sweet! How sad that I've had my PS3 since April, and I'm just learning of this. What's even sadder is that I'm learning about new technology on a reefing forum!!!

Everything I'm find, says "Home" is supposed to be released Fall of 2007... obviously that didn't happen.

Did you guys see the video?
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/891/891773/vids_1.html
Old 11/30/2007, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Everything I'm find, says "Home" is supposed to be released Fall of 2007... obviously that didn't happen.
It would probably already be released if Sony was smart, and "borrowed" more of Xbox Live's ideas for their own network... I've been saying that they should charge people for their services even before they released the PS3.