Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography

Old 03/06/2004, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

battery life for Nikon CollPix 3100

I'm not sure if its just me or the batteries, I charge the batteries for my Nikon CoolPix 3100 and ake maybe 5-10 shots w/o flash and its shows "Battery Exausted" I been using these for about a month now and thought they were doing that becasue they are new, is this normal?

Thanks
4" DSB

"Keep your secrets
Keep your silence
Its a better gift then truth" Anne Rice
Old 03/06/2004, 10:58 AM
RC Mod

that's not normal. i haven't owned a Nikon for several years but i never had that short a cycle. sounds like your battery is bad.
greg
Old 03/06/2004, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

with the coolpix 3100 this is completely normal. the battery life on this camera is horrible. that is my only complaint about it though. i have a set of alkalines last for about 15 minutes on constant on time. i have since switched to using the lithium ion batteries that last about 50x longer, but are $10 a piece. i'll eventually get rechargable lithium ions so i can save some money in the long run.
Old 03/06/2004, 04:49 PM
RC Mod

man that is crazy
Old 03/06/2004, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

yeah, it's pretty rediculous. but i think it's the best 3mp camera for the price.