Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > East Tennessee Reef Club

Old 01/09/2008, 03:19 AM
Registered Member

New to the area..

hello everyone,

I just moved to Sevierville from Columbus, OH for school a few months ago and I'm finally getting back into salt again. I sold all of my equipment before I moved so I'm starting from scratch. I always enjoyed the clubs back in Ohio and I was hoping to meet some new people in this area too. I'm wanting a nano reef to start out since I did not enjoy my FOWLR as much as my old 10G nano reef. I haven't purchased anything yet, so everything is still in the planning stage; I've learned research can save a lot of money. I just wanted to say hi to you all and I hope you guys are ready for some questions!
Old 01/09/2008, 07:26 AM
Keeping It Real

Hey there!!!!! Don't hesitate to ask as many questions you like...

[welcome]

Its not a hobby... Its a way of life...
Old 01/09/2008, 09:37 AM
ETRC Webjourneyman

Welcome. And if you decide to buy 75G size, let me know. I am thinking of selling my tank and down-sizing to a 24G nano-cube.
Old 01/09/2008, 06:07 PM
Catch and release

Welcome
Old 01/09/2008, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Welcome to East TN!!!

I have to agree with you on the nanos, I'm really enjoying my two 8g BioCubes more then my 40g Breeder or my biology classes 70g! They are just so simple and easy to take care of!

Ask as many questions as possible and ask before you buy, there are lots of people here with extra stuff and with some knowledge on what stores to head to or not to head to!
Old 01/09/2008, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

I was looking into the club's website and I'll hopefully get a membership and go to the next meeting. I've had FOWLR tanks and worked at an LFS, but I would still like to learn a lot more about reef tanks specifically.
Old 01/09/2008, 10:47 PM
Catch and release

Quote:
Originally posted by Tackett730
[B I would still like to learn a lot more about reef tanks specifically. [/B]
We'll do our best to steer you in the wrong direction........or at least confuse you

j/k of course

Chris