Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Virginia Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/14/2007, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

I would love to come to another meet. I am still in the process in purchasing everything I need, but I love to see other member's tanks and meet more of you.
Old 12/15/2007, 01:02 PM
wm3.org

We need someone to host in late January ... I won't have much of a system by then .... and more then likely chaos ... I would offer to host a Super-bowl meet , but then I might get tickets if the Patriots are in ... GO PATRIOTS!!! ....

I wish there was a way to get this club a bit more organized ... So many nice tanks , and even more great people...
Old 12/16/2007, 10:09 PM
titankinetics.com

Late Jan or early Feb would be great. I would also like to see if anybody is interested in getting and ORA clam/coral order for the meet. We will need some interest to make an order. So as soon as we get a host and a date maybe we can see a show of hands for an order.
Old 12/18/2007, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

Well since no-one else has stepped up to the plate I would be willing to host a meet and would also be interested in a buy.

A bit of a drive for most folks however. My tanks aren't that great but decent. And I hope my winter cyano break-out doesn't occur this year.

I was thinking Fri evening 1/24 or anytime Sat 1/25.

Let me know what you guys think and if we get enough interest it would be nice to get together again.

I could also part with various frags from my tanks, some freebies for those interested in some weeds.

Could maybe even work in some cards after the meet and I could use a hand getting the monster tank off the floor and onto the stand.
Old 12/20/2007, 07:03 AM
titankinetics.com

Ok so we have a host with a date, thanks Jorge. I will post another thread with ORA order sign up for the meet.
Old 12/20/2007, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

I would like to come. I will need directions.
Old 12/20/2007, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

All in. Michael R
Old 12/20/2007, 11:56 AM
I bleed orange and maroon

Michael/Ade,

I've heard rumors that the guy who picked up the rainbow aussie acan in the raffle killed it within a day.........sigh........

it was the one that was already pre-bagged, brought down by one of our friends from DC.

you got the other piece of rainbow aussie acan, right michael?

Richmond Reef Club

GO HOKIES!!
Old 12/20/2007, 12:22 PM
titankinetics.com

I picked up an acan at the meet. Not sure what kind, but I started with 1 polyp and I looked the other day to see how it was doing and I have 3 new babies around the the side of the large polyp. I think that I found my my new corals to buy. More acans please.
Old 12/20/2007, 02:05 PM
titankinetics.com

Just talked to Michael and he said that he had the Acan fro your tank Alex and he loves it.
Old 12/20/2007, 02:12 PM

good! i'm glad some people know how to take care of stuff.

thats the reason why we divided up the raffle into an sps group, and lps group. b/c we were afraid some people who don't have any experience keeping the more exotic/expensive corals may pick them up first if their name was drawn just b/c that was something everyone else wanted really badly, not knowing anything about how to keep the coral in their nanocube.....lol

i think everyone learned a valuable experience to keep their mouth shut before the raffle....lol....so they don't give away what the "hot" corals are. b/c there were definitely allot of people who didn't know what was what in there.....and were trying to rely on others to tell them what to get.

Richmond Reef Club

GO HOKIES!!
Old 12/20/2007, 02:20 PM
Mouth Pipetting

Quote:
Originally posted by surfnvb7
i think everyone learned a valuable experience to keep their mouth shut before the raffle....lol....so they don't give away what the "hot" corals are. b/c there were definitely allot of people who didn't know what was what in there.....and were trying to rely on others to tell them what to get.

. . . and then people turn their nose up at really nice looking corals like that blue milli just because they're more common and no one is hyping it up.
Old 12/20/2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Montgomery

. . . and then people turn their nose up at really nice looking corals like that blue milli just because they're more common and no one is hyping it up.
exactly! lol

Richmond Reef Club

GO HOKIES!!
Old 12/20/2007, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by surfnvb7

I definitely learned that lesson

By the way, all the acans I got from you and gadgets are doing great!
Old 12/20/2007, 04:19 PM
wm3.org

Count us in ...
Old 12/20/2007, 04:24 PM
wm3.org

Quote:
Originally posted by dadyoj21
Well since no-one else has stepped up to the plate I would be willing to host a meet and would also be interested in a buy.

A bit of a drive for most folks however. My tanks aren't that great but decent. And I hope my winter cyano break-out doesn't occur this year.

I was thinking Fri evening 1/24 or anytime Sat 1/25.

Let me know what you guys think and if we get enough interest it would be nice to get together again.

I could also part with various frags from my tanks, some freebies for those interested in some weeds.

Could maybe even work in some cards after the meet and I could use a hand getting the monster tank off the floor and onto the stand.
Jorge , Excellent of you to step up ... Looking forward to it ...
I am allways interested in your "weeds" ... 33% of my tank is your weeds I would love to play some cards again or course....