Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06/09/2006, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

brook help

ok i've tried reading about this disease but am no closer to understanding than before i started. Here's my situation. I have a 90G reef set up for about 6 months. I just started a 46G bowfront about 3 weeks ago. Each have fully cured LR and a DSB. a HOB refugium, PH's and a skimmer. Brook has been exposed in BOTH tanks. I have lost like 5 or so clowns and have 2 left (one in each tank) I've been told that a tank has to be fishless for many months, that not all fish can get this, that ALL fish will get this, and so on..... How do i clean my tanks of this parasite? I have a Turbotwist UV sterilizer 18W on my 46G now. I've also been told that brook is NOT freeswimming and it takes "contact" between the fish to get it. SO if this is true, Can't i just pull out each fish, put them in a 10G QT tank and treat the fish and put them back in the DT? I need hard facts here, too many different stories so far.
29G Green Spotted Puffer tank
20G FW Molly and Platy tank
10G grow out
10G QT
24G Aquapod .