Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Boston Reefers Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/02/2006, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Scavdog

Joe any head way on being a member?
Old 04/02/2006, 09:08 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

I thought you are a member?
Just need posting rights restored..?
Old 04/03/2006, 07:50 PM
glutton for punishment

I think Joe is a member
Old 04/04/2006, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

hey Marvin who do you think we are, Hertz?
Old 04/05/2006, 06:20 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Hey maybe Marvin can move your stuff

ah, maybe wouldn't go so well with the horses

unless you are Ok with the smell
Old 04/05/2006, 07:17 PM
glutton for punishment

marvin's cleaned up his act its not that bad anymore, I hear.
Old 04/05/2006, 07:38 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Scuba_Dave
Hey maybe Marvin can move your stuff

ah, maybe wouldn't go so well with the horses

unless you are Ok with the smell
oh wow i just saw the sig. didn't know about the new occupation.
Old 04/10/2006, 10:50 PM
Join My Club!

Funny

Funny, how fast the BRS BOD act when they ban someone and then take their time reinstating them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Armando
hey Marvin who do you think we are, Hertz?
Old 04/11/2006, 04:02 AM
Registered Member

Re: Funny

Quote:
Originally posted by spyro
Funny, how fast the BRS BOD act when they ban someone and then take their time reinstating them.
FYI the BOD acted in a reasonable amount of time and in a reasonable fashion.

Your situation is way different than mine. I do not want to get involved with your situation nor do I want you involved in mine.

I stated this in my response to your PM a few weeks ago.

Thank you
Old 04/11/2006, 09:17 PM
Join My Club!

Re: Re: Funny

I am not getting "involved" in anything. Just responding to Armando's joke regarding Hertz in an open forum. If you really did not want any comments then you should have used PMs.

Quote:
Originally posted by tstone
FYI the BOD acted in a reasonable amount of time and in a reasonable fashion.

Your situation is way different than mine. I do not want to get involved with your situation nor do I want you involved in mine.

I stated this in my response to your PM a few weeks ago.

Thank you
Old 04/13/2006, 05:41 PM
TheUltimateReefer

chuck, i've been away from the boards for a little while, but did you get banned? if you don't want to answer this, i understand. i was just wondering cause it sounds like it.
Old 04/14/2006, 09:08 PM
Phantom monkey

Marvin, your IP ban should be off now. You probably have to make a new user ID. Not sure about that one. I can only tell ya what I've read in the Mod forum.
Old 04/14/2006, 09:15 PM
Phantom monkey

Try this link: http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/...p?referrerid=9
Old 04/14/2006, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

Moe if its cool then I will go ahead and register.

Thanks a bunch
Old 04/14/2006, 09:23 PM
Phantom monkey

According to what I've read, it seems to be okay.

This time I won't ban your new identity.
Old 04/14/2006, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Moe I just tried but it says I am still banned and it says;

"The date the ban is over: never"
Old 04/14/2006, 09:26 PM
Phantom monkey

Hmm, I'll post and let JoeFtiz know.

Edit: I posted. He's not on the boards right now, so it may take a bit to get this sorted out. He'll see the note when he looks again.
Old 04/14/2006, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Ok That's cool Moe. I really appreciate it. i look forward to seeing you over there.
Old 04/14/2006, 09:33 PM
Phantom monkey

BTW: Did you try to create a new identity? I saw you came on as Tstone at 10:22 and modified options.
I think you maybe want to log out as that user and create a new one.
If that fails, ask Rob how he did it.
Old 04/14/2006, 10:16 PM
Join My Club!

Banned

Yes, I have been banned (posting priveleges only - still a member until the end of this month) again for nothing, in my opinion. I have not yet been given a specific reason why I was banned, i.e., specifically what rule I broke. I will not support a club that treats their members unfairly, non-uniformly, and allows one of their own officers to stalk members, and harass them for hours on end. And that is what happened...I was stalked and harrassed by a coward and a bully with special priveleges and no threat of being banned himself. I believe that the members ARE the club....not the other way around. But I gave up trying to fight to get back my posting privileges. It is not worth it in my opinion. Also, as far as banning is concerned, I believe that the club should only allow banning if the members agree by a vote. The BOD says they can't suppport this, but they asked the members for support to allow two members back into the club. Banning should only be done in extremely rare circumstances, in my opinion.

I will wait to renew my membership until the end of the year before a new BOD is elected so I can vote out the current officers and vote in new ones.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUltimateNoob
chuck, i've been away from the boards for a little while, but did you get banned? if you don't want to answer this, i understand. i was just wondering cause it sounds like it.
Old 04/15/2006, 11:16 AM
Premium Member

ohh Chuck. Still the victim I guess.
Victim by definition means "one hurt by an action beyond his control". Chuck you were warned several times. You were the one in control of your actions. I nor anyone else caused your behavior leading to your ban.

Chuck, you have always stated that things should be aired openly and not via pm. I aired it openly for you, but now you call it stalking. You made replies to me and I in turn replied to you. Because you did not mention me specifically does not mean you didn't reply to me.

Your ban was voted on BEFORE our incident on the other forum. You were going to be contacted that day that you were being banned. I suppose I should have just left it well enough alone and just let your ban be carried out. You brought out issues that had been discussed with you privately. You dragged them into open forums. I replied. I would do it again. Now you bring them up again....who's doing the stalking?

As far as your support....um...you've been banned there big guy....guess no ones looking for your support any way.

I'm a coward and a bully? That is just plain comical. Your the only one I see hiding behind a key board.

As I stated to you before. You have been banned here on RC (obviously they restored you) now you've been banned on the other forum. Two completely different forums with two completely different governing bodies. Do you really believe it's every one else's fault and not your own?
Chuck it is you! You continuously push to the edge of being banned, you get warned and chill out for a while....then repeat the behavior again. It caught up to you, you were banned. Didn't you realize from the lack of support you got during your PM campaign that the rest of the membership supported your ban? The simple fact that the people you were contacting looking for support were contacting us and telling us about your behind the scenes crusade might be an indication.

As was told to you before. If you accept your time off from the forum. Behave as a mature adult (which this is NOT an example of) for your time away. You can be reinstated in the forum, provided you agree to behave in a civil fashion. IE, no insulting our guest speakers, especially while they are here in town. No insulting other members...including the mods and bod. You need to realize that the club and associated forums are for the enjoyment of all members and will not be catered to fit your individual desires.

Marvin, sorry to high jack. I hope this thread can return to it's intended purpose and get off of one persons selfish babble.

Good luck in Fla and I'll miss ya man!!

Daddy,.. Why's your brain in the fish tank?
Old 04/15/2006, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

Marvin, hmn, not exactly sure what is going on. I would have thought you could rejoined using a new member ID once the IP ban was off. In any case, I have unbanned your tstone account, so you should be able to log back in using that (if you can remember the password!).

Drop me an email if you are still having access problems.
Old 04/15/2006, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Joe Fitz and Moe
Thank you guys very much. I have certainly missed being able to hang with everyone over there.

I will drink a cool one in your names.
Old 04/16/2006, 12:17 AM
Join My Club!

Response

I never said I was a victim. Those are your words.

No, I was not warned that I would be banned.

As far as stalking, perhaps you should consult the dictionary to find the definition, since you clearly do not know what it means. Yes I do believe in open conversation....to a point. However, my conversation with you was not on a level and fair playing field. You had no worries of being banned and you thus could post freely without concern. I was not afforded the same privilege. Even after I asked you to leave me alone, ignored you and asked several moderators to moderate you, you continued to stalk and harass me on threads that had nothing to do with you. You also posted insults on a CLOSED thread after I was banned. Those are the reasons you are a coward and bully.....you used your position of power and priveleges to assault and attack me while I could not REALLY tell you what I think of you. As far as my reply to Peter is concerned, your response to it proves that you continue to stalk me and you show no remorse whatsoever about your previous reprehensible behavior on the BRS Forum

As far as my support, I have been banned from the forum NOT from the club membership. There is a difference.

Yes you are a coward and a bully. You were entrusted with the VP of PR for the BRS and you abused this position by using the power that this position affords to harrass a member without regard or without responsibility or having to answer for your behavior. I am not hiding from anyone. I chose not to take your phone calls because I knew that I would be wasting my time....something you seem to have a lot of on your hands and something I do not have in great surplus. Even Joe Scavo and Moe think that the situation was not handled properly.

First, the banning on RC has absolutely nothing to do with the BRS banning. Bringing this up again shows your disregard for others and the fact that you will say or do anything in an attempt to prove your points. Second, I was banned by Ron Shimek, who, in my opinion is an arrogant, misinformed, cranky old man and who's theories and experimentation methods are unfounded at best. He has since been booted from RC with good reason, in my opinion.

I completely disagree on both bannings. I don't think anyone should be banned without consulting the members. Banning should only be implemented in rare, serious situations. The members were consulted and asked about Marvin and Rob's reinstatement, which is the right way to do things. I have support from many members including several BRS officers. The fact that a few members contacted the BOD is of no conern to me. I was succesful in gaining support but discontinued it for two reasons. The first is that I was simply unable to efficiently get e-mail addresses for many people. I was spending way too much time finding people on the internet and I therefore decided it was a waste of time. The second reason that I stopped soliciting support for a member vote was that Joe Scavo asked me not to continue. He called me and we talked for an hour and I decided to take his suggestion to call it off.

As far as insulting members or BOD, you are guilty of that yourself and you were not banned. Why were you not banned? I may speak in criticism of the BOD or the guest speakers and I believe that criticism is important and should be allowed in the forum. You do not make the rules, in fact you yourself break them often, so don't lecture me on the rules. The problems with your statements regarding rules is that they are interpreted differently for different members: I was banned and you were not; an insult to one person is a joke to another; criticism for one person is an insult for another. The rules don't work and they seem to be applied differently at the whim of the moderators or the BOD, etc., in my opinion.

In closing, I have made my points and will not respond to any further postings from you. You show no remorse for your irresponsible actions and seem to think that "you being right" and the "rules" are more important than BRS members. You and the current BOD believe that some people should be banned and others can say and do what they please without regard for BRS members. Therefore there is no more to talk about as far as I am concerned.

Quote:
Originally posted by one eye
ohh Chuck. Still the victim I guess.
Victim by definition means "one hurt by an action beyond his control". Chuck you were warned several times. You were the one in control of your actions. I nor anyone else caused your behavior leading to your ban.

Chuck, you have always stated that things should be aired openly and not via pm. I aired it openly for you, but now you call it stalking. You made replies to me and I in turn replied to you. Because you did not mention me specifically does not mean you didn't reply to me.

Your ban was voted on BEFORE our incident on the other forum. You were going to be contacted that day that you were being banned. I suppose I should have just left it well enough alone and just let your ban be carried out. You brought out issues that had been discussed with you privately. You dragged them into open forums. I replied. I would do it again. Now you bring them up again....who's doing the stalking?

As far as your support....um...you've been banned there big guy....guess no ones looking for your support any way.

I'm a coward and a bully? That is just plain comical. Your the only one I see hiding behind a key board.

As I stated to you before. You have been banned here on RC (obviously they restored you) now you've been banned on the other forum. Two completely different forums with two completely different governing bodies. Do you really believe it's every one else's fault and not your own?
Chuck it is you! You continuously push to the edge of being banned, you get warned and chill out for a while....then repeat the behavior again. It caught up to you, you were banned. Didn't you realize from the lack of support you got during your PM campaign that the rest of the membership supported your ban? The simple fact that the people you were contacting looking for support were contacting us and telling us about your behind the scenes crusade might be an indication.

As was told to you before. If you accept your time off from the forum. Behave as a mature adult (which this is NOT an example of) for your time away. You can be reinstated in the forum, provided you agree to behave in a civil fashion. IE, no insulting our guest speakers, especially while they are here in town. No insulting other members...including the mods and bod. You need to realize that the club and associated forums are for the enjoyment of all members and will not be catered to fit your individual desires.

Marvin, sorry to high jack. I hope this thread can return to it's intended purpose and get off of one persons selfish babble.

Good luck in Fla and I'll miss ya man!!
Old 04/16/2006, 07:49 AM
well lit glass box keeper

Damn,
Just reading through this for the first time......it's getting all warm and fuzzy "thinking group hug is coming" But there's this annoying crying and screaming in the back ground...... anyone else hear it?

The more you think you know...The more you need to learn