Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/10/2008, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

All my little fish that are reclusive are now out and about with the sohal in the sump. Time to find the sohal a new home
Old 01/10/2008, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

I have a similar problem, My 6" Sohal goes after a 4" Asfur in my 125g. He only goes after the Asfur (the only other fish over 3" is a semilivartus), so I am wondering if I just added some other larger fish (another tang and/or angel) would his aggression be diverted?
Old 01/10/2008, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Sohal Tang

I have a Sohal Tang in with an Atlantic Blue, Achilles and a Sailfin tang, with a Grey Angel, Annularis Angel. The Sohal is most definately the more dominate fish, but does not torment the other fish. He swims freely and seems to be very content. I feed him 3x a day and I keep the water climate at 79. Eventually, I plan to move everyone to my 265gal. I have no problems. I have more problems out of the Atlantic blue, but the Achilles tang balances him out. Its pretty peaceful in my tank.
Old 01/10/2008, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

ari5736, you don't have room for larger fish. In any case, that will not solve your problem.

~Steve~
Old 01/10/2008, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Re: Sohal Tang

Quote:
Originally posted by inspiredaqua
I have a Sohal Tang in with an Atlantic Blue, Achilles and a Sailfin tang, with a Grey Angel, Annularis Angel. The Sohal is most definately the more dominate fish, but does not torment the other fish. He swims freely and seems to be very content. I feed him 3x a day and I keep the water climate at 79. Eventually, I plan to move everyone to my 265gal. I have no problems. I have more problems out of the Atlantic blue, but the Achilles tang balances him out. Its pretty peaceful in my tank.
6 foot tank im assuming? The seems to be ideal from what ive read
Old 01/10/2008, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

inspiredaqua, how big is your Sohal?