Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Philadelphia Area Reef Club (PARC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/14/2004, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Taking down 65gal selling livestock

I am taking down my 65 gal and moving a few of the things to a 15 gal and keeping the equipment for a future tank. Here is a list of just about all of the livestock

90lbs or so of Carribean live rock with a few pieces of Fiji mixed in absolutely no pests and has been in the tank around one year.
Haddoni anemone
Aurora Anemone
Large colt coral
Large finger coral
Medium taodstool leather
Porites (dont remember which type but is carribean sps)
Green star polyps
button polyps here and there on the rock
xenia here and there on the rock
mushrooms here and there on the rock
ricordia just a few some are green and a few purple
whatever hermits and snails happen to be on the rocks

I am looking to get 350.00 for everything and would rather just sell to one preson!

Here is a pic taken a few days ago with LOA 65k lights since IC has my MH ballast in for repair.

Please reply here if interested and I will go in the order requests are posted here to keep it fair.
Old 01/14/2004, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

In the pic there is just over 100lbs of LR. I am keeping about 10 or 15 lbs for the 15 gal along with the bta, fish and a few hermits and snails. There is a sexy shrimp and pom-pom crab which the buyer may or may not wind up with. Also I did not list the very live sand which the buyer can have too. The sand is a mix of southdown and caribean live sand. I only need to keep a scoop to seed the new tank.
Old 01/14/2004, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

partial

should you decide to break it up, i wud be interested in about 20# of live rock, and the toadstool. lmk.

cheers!!
jc
Old 01/14/2004, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

if u still have this in a couple of weeks i will buy the pkg... thnx!

jacky
Old 01/14/2004, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

are you keeping the tank?

North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society
Old 01/14/2004, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Keeping the tank and all equip! Selling the livestock only. Thanks!
Old 01/14/2004, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

I could use a scoop of your sand to start off my fuge. Can ya help me out? How far from Wilmington Delaware are you?
Old 01/14/2004, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

if u decide to break it up i might take about 15 or 20 lbs live rock and either of the anemones for cheap.
Old 01/14/2004, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

If you decide to break it up, Im in central Jersey and Would Give you extra for the trouble./ I am interested in:.....

Ricordia
Star POlyps
ANd a couple of rocks with mushrooms and xenia.
Old 01/14/2004, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

I will give it a few days to try to sell it all at once. If not I will try to do a one day sale type thing since quite a few are interested in this or that. I really am not interested in shipping. I will keep everyone posted here. Thanks!!!
Old 01/15/2004, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

I'm curious. Why are you selling all the livestock, rock etc and nothing else?
Mae
Old 01/15/2004, 11:54 AM

YGM...I would definitely like to take around half of your LR and LS and I will compensate you for breaking it up...I can pick it up at your house...no need to meet halfway as you are relatively close to home...check your mail...it is more detailed.

billpa
Old 01/15/2004, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

live rock

i am interested in some of the live rock as well if you break up for sale i am just starting out so my light for your live things yet
Old 01/15/2004, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Ok,
Since I just want to get this thing taken down. I will not be setting up the 15 gal. So, that means 100+ pounds of LR,all of the corals listed above plus, white star polyps, another toadstool, pink/green branching hammer, Large BTA, and a few other corals. I will also throw in a newly rebiult by IC old style 250 watt complete MH retro. I will also throw in a one month old XM 20k bulb. I cannot guarantee the bulb since I do not have the ballast back from IC yet. (it is on the way) I will do this one time and the first 400.00 takes everthing listed. This is a steal! I would like to do this either Sunday (yeah I know about football but it is the only weekend day available) or tomorrow (friday) during the day.

I am not opposed to a few of you combining to buy everything as long as I wind up with the money and the livestock is all out at the same time.

For all of you that need to know I am taking down the tank due to having a sick child, not enough time to properly take care of the tank, and the money does not hurt either. I will be keeping the rest of the equipment to do a FO tank at a later date!!!

Post here if you want it! First come first serve!!!
Old 01/15/2004, 03:46 PM

I want 20-40# of LR and some LS...I will group together with some other people to make this happen...drop me an email or pm...Im desperate for some LR!!!
Old 01/15/2004, 03:47 PM

actually...I got an idea...we get 7 people to chip in 50 bucks...and we divy up the stuff...I know some of you want corals as opposed to LR which I want!!! I will organize it...everyone who is interested, email or pm me...thanks

billpa
Old 01/15/2004, 03:48 PM

or 5 people chip in 70 bucks...it depends on what everyone wants...just let me know

billpa
Old 01/15/2004, 03:54 PM

I already have one person who has contacted me wanting to purchase some LR...everyone lets get our wallets together and help this guy out...

billpa
Old 01/15/2004, 04:11 PM

alright...I have another person who is in on the LR...we'll take it all and split it up....if someone else wants some LR, we could probably fit you in...and I'm sure some LR will be taken with livestock that is attached...by the way...who wants the other livestock??

deladarkstep?
aquajamieb?
CherryCat?

c'mon people...lets clean out his tank and give him at least the 400 he is asking!
Old 01/15/2004, 04:17 PM

I'm heading home now...will be back later tonight...anybody that is interested in getting together to buy all of the stuff, email me what you would like...LR is almost all spoken for but we could get another person in if you dont need too much...livestock is up for grabs...if we can coordinate this, we'll be able to pick it up this weekend as crgeltn wants to get rid of it ASAP...drop me aline if you are interested.

billpa
Old 01/15/2004, 04:19 PM

Okay...so far this is spoken for:

LR...billpa, JYC1960 and CherryCat (small pieces)
Both Mushrooms and Hammer Coral...Cherry Cat

Still a lot left...email me or pm if you are interested in anything that is available

billpa
Old 01/15/2004, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

billpa,
Thanks for getting everyone together. Just let me know when and who will be coming and how you want to do this. Also if you guys are going to divide it up here I do not have a scale and you will need ot bring buckets ect. I will be keeping the hob fuge and will keep it running on a 15 gal. It will just have some sand in it as it will eventually be a seahorse tank. Also I have another nano with some ugly LR and algea out the wazoo. It is a completely different system but the rock and mantis are free to a good home. Again keeping the tank for a Q-tank. Keep me posted please. Thanks!!!
Old 01/15/2004, 05:36 PM

Alright...I only have 3 people including myself that have showed interest

billpa (me): LR, some critters, a few buttons and mushrooms
JYC1960: LR (majority of it)
Cherry Cat: 2x toadstools, 1x hammer, button polyps, some rock (small pieces)

There is still a lot of livestock left...anybody interested?? please email or pm me

Thanks,
billpa
Old 01/15/2004, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Large BTA what size is large, and what color is it? I am interested in that. (If George will let me.)
Mae
Old 01/15/2004, 06:34 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Hey I live in downingtown what do you have left?