Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/21/2007, 12:03 AM
Premium Member

oh there is a beach, about 40 miles west, they got brine shrimp there
Old 12/21/2007, 12:08 AM
Is it Charles or Jen? =)

I like the baby seat! Seems a little dangerous hahaha
Old 12/21/2007, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bebo77
exactly... you average 1 post every 2 days... so if i were to ask a question asking for advice... what are the chances that you would reply and help me out....?
There's a real good chance that isseym328 would respond, especially if it's something he knows about or had similar experience with his tank if the subject comes up. It doesn't matter that his average posting is 1 post per 2 days. There are a bunch of reefers with helpful advice that don't sit and post or reply to every subject out there.
Old 12/21/2007, 01:08 AM
Devil in the fur

The only threads that should be stopped are ones purporting to give legal advice. Besides that, I am not a robot and other topics do arise and should arise.

Really, I know it takes some people a long time to read B-U-M-P or "nice tank".....does this really matter? The current fashion that this forum is run makes it more of a community.

besides, anyone who complains about these threads or posts, I bet if you look through their threads or posts they are also guilty.

and besides, this is an admitted public forum!

Last edited by saltyESQ; 12/21/2007 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12/21/2007, 01:47 AM
Registered Member

I wanna play......
bump
Old 12/21/2007, 03:04 AM
Premium Member

I agree with SaltyEsq. How much time does it take to read "bump" or "nice tank"? I can't see why that should bother anyone.

As far as for sale threads are concerned, I like them here. I don't want to bother with shipping and I've met a lot of great reefers here locally because I sold to them and bought from them. This forum is "local", and it should be kept light and fun.
Old 12/21/2007, 04:03 AM
Premium Member

I don't mind the short pointless posts at all, i Just cant stand that damb bouncing tazmanian devi

Old 12/21/2007, 04:20 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
exactly... you average 1 post every 2 days... so if i were to ask a question asking for advice... what are the chances that you would reply and help me out....?
Bebo I am not trying to be nasty, but the odds I would offer any advice is pretty slim, as I don't read 99% of what you post as it in mostly meaningless post just get your post count up. So I do ignore almost any thread you have started and skip most of you posts. I have no doubt some times you have something useful and informative to say. Am I willing to wade through 12000+ posts to find them. No! Does it annoy me? Sometimes, but I have more important things the to let it stress me out If there was an ignore button on RC, I would have hit it before you made 200 posts. :-)

I find it annoying when I am following a thread and getting 10 emails a day saying 10 people have posted in the thread. So I Log and only to find there is not one useful post that has been made. Add this up by several threads and yes it can become very annoying and time consuming. I have undescribed to other message boards because of this and the content had nothing to do with what the forums were supposed to be about.

Santa (kevin)
Can I have an Ignore button for christmas?

Merry Christmass to everyone, bebo too!
Old 12/21/2007, 08:59 AM
Sannin

I don't read most of bebo's post either but I do like looking at his avartar.

Some times it is not that my posts are pointless for no good reasons, I am just tired of seeing the same questions being asked again and again. Hence, it's more fun to see other people's tanks and give them a compliment or two. After all, we all work pretty hard on our tanks whether our tanks are that great or not. A compliment is all the motivation we need to keep going. Of course, until my tank is a little better, I refused to give too much advice.

BTW, I average less than one post a day so I can careless about the post count.
Old 12/21/2007, 09:17 AM
Rubberman

Quote:
Originally posted by saltyESQ
The only threads that should be stopped are ones purporting to give legal advice.

No medical advice unless you're an MD.
No oral hygiene advice unless you're a DDS.
No legal advice unless you passed the Bar.

And most importantly...

No automotive weatherstrip advice unless you're the Rubberman.

SteveU
Old 12/21/2007, 10:47 AM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
Quote:
Originally posted by laverda
Bebo I am not trying to be nasty, but the odds I would offer any advice is pretty slim, as I don't read 99% of what you post as it in mostly meaningless post just get your post count up. So I do ignore almost any thread you have started and skip most of you posts. I have no doubt some times you have something useful and informative to say. Am I willing to wade through 12000+ posts to find them. No! Does it annoy me? Sometimes, but I have more important things the to let it stress me out If there was an ignore button on RC, I would have hit it before you made 200 posts.

Merry Christmass to everyone, bebo too!

You think you can say all that and then put merry Chrsitmas on the end and it makes it all better?

PLEASE...

1st off.. i would not ask for YOUR advice, and i dont start threads asking for advice...

I could care less what other reefers on RC think of me.. this is FREEKING REEFCENTRAL... RELAX.. its not like imortant world relevant informations is taking place on here.. infact.. RC mods will remove political threads...

if you or anyone has a problem with me CLICK HERE and dont bother me with your reply's

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 12/21/2007, 10:55 AM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Koyama
There's a real good chance that isseym328 would respond, especially if it's something he knows about or had similar experience with his tank if the subject comes up. It doesn't matter that his average posting is 1 post per 2 days. There are a bunch of reefers with helpful advice that don't sit and post or reply to every subject out there.

again... if you post asking for advice... then take each persons comment with a grain of salt, i know most of the people who post here frequently personally, so when i add a "comment" to their thread, its because i know them.

and again... if a person has a post count averaging 1 post every 2 days.. more then likely they wont post in your thread as they DONT POST...

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 12/21/2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

ooops

Gabe put me back in your list. i was curious what was it for. Hahaha. Gabes a good guy, gave me some free frags! Thanks again Gabe!
Old 12/21/2007, 11:30 AM
Premium Member

Quote:

if you or anyone has a problem with me CLICK HERE and dont bother me with your reply's

[/B]
LOL, I haven't had enough coffee yet, so I clicked Gabe's link. Had no idea what was going to happen. Now I gotta figure out how to fix it.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:30 AM
Reef slave

wow this is what happens when someone does a few nice groups by that goes on pages and pages.
i do recall gabe doing a great carbon buy, hawaiian fish. was there any others. far from worthless post.
yes he is due for a full tank shot but thats about it.=)
Old 12/21/2007, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CW from the OC
LOL, I haven't had enough coffee yet, so I clicked Gabe's link. Had no idea what was going to happen. Now I gotta figure out how to fix it.

Just go to your RC profile and click edit ignore list.

I hope this was an informative post, considering my small count and all.

Everybody just got to free it up a bit.

The so-cal forum is the biggest club forum on RC, there is gonna be a lot of traffic.

I love RC!
Old 12/21/2007, 11:46 AM
Certified Booty Hunter

Why so much drama, it sounds like a forum for menopausal old ladies, everyone relax, read what you want to read and dont read what you dont want to read, if you want info on invertebraes, go to the invertebrae forum, and so on, I like to get advice here cause I will get quick advice from people I know and tanks that Ive seen personally and through build threads.
In other advice forums on RC, it will take hours, even days before you get a response.
I've met many, many good friends cause of this socal forum, and when your amongst friends who doesnt like to shoot the **** sometimes. Everyone seems so tense when this hobby is suppose to be relaxing.
Old 12/21/2007, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

id take coast's advice anyday...hes got 11 years in the hobby...& hes only 17...lol
Old 12/21/2007, 12:07 PM
Fantasy Coral

I don't have a problem w/ "Nice tank", "Nice corals", etc., but the "former" member who went in & bumped every single for sale thread was way over the line. He made it where every "useful" thread was relegated to the 3rd page & all the for sale thread jammed up the first page. He got banned (as he shoud have) & life moves on...........................

Sorry Gabe, I didn't mean to put you on ignore................You should have warned us what clicking that button was gonna do.......
Old 12/21/2007, 12:08 PM
Premium Member

Monkey see,..monkey do. Knowing full well what the link would do,...i go ahead and click it. D'oh. Thank Greg, i didnt know where the "edit ignore list" was. An now again i have sweet Aria looking at me from Gabes avatar.
good morning
Old 12/21/2007, 12:11 PM
Fantasy Coral

Quote:
Originally posted by FOSELONE
id take coast's advice anyday...hes got 11 years in the hobby...& hes only 17...lol
Well, you'll have to go find it somewhere else!!!
Old 12/21/2007, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

I think Gabe has done a lot for this community. He goes out of his way to help others (helping to move tanks and group buys to name a couple) He's a great guy and he does give useful information. At the same time he loves this hobby and just likes to keep things lively.

My interpretation of the OP's message is endlessly bumping sale threads just to get it back to the top.. especially when noone is interested in buying.

I clicked the link too...lol.