Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

I remember my first FRAG in Sept. It was inside, and I have a funny feeling we were a bit over the maximum occupancy
Old 01/08/2008, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

What about the hotel where he is going to stay. I know that the Crown Plaza off of I-17 and Peoria(just an example) has conference rooms that have screens for slide shows. I went to defensive driving school there once. Ok twice Then that way we could all come to him, he doesn't have to leave. Maybe even have them cater something. This would kill a few birds with one stone so to speak. Just a thought.
Old 01/08/2008, 06:10 PM
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Sounds like a good idea buffalobunch.

First why dont we start a thread showing exactly who will be attending? There shouldnt be any chit chat in the thread just names and the count.
Old 01/08/2008, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Thats a great idea Buffalo.... but I talked with the owners and I think everything will work out fine with Pranksters, I HAVE A PLAN and there will be PLENTY of room.

Badfish I will be starting a Attendance thread but not until March, since we are still 5 months out. Dont want the thread to get lost, but it wll be a great idea to have the attendance ammount.

Now all thats left is to get the donations in play and were SET!

Last edited by Helfrich’s Chic; 01/08/2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01/08/2008, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalobunch
What about the hotel where he is going to stay. I know that the Crown Plaza off of I-17 and Peoria(just an example) has conference rooms that have screens for slide shows. I went to defensive driving school there once. Ok twice Then that way we could all come to him, he doesn't have to leave. Maybe even have them cater something. This would kill a few birds with one stone so to speak. Just a thought.

Good idea......However...should Pranksters get the first crack at providing a proper enviroment for a guest speaker?

(Just a thought)
Old 01/08/2008, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

if this does get moved....... lets move it to a central location so some people don't have to travel 40+ miles to get to this. that alone will ensure more people show. I don't consider I-17 and Peoria central at all hehe. That is 35+ miles from my house and i know that alot of people would have to travel much farther then I.
Old 01/08/2008, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

It wont get moved. Were already on at Pranksters, its penciled in and we will have almost the whole place for our club! WOOT for Pranksters!!!
Old 01/08/2008, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

The convention center in Anaheim would be a good place.
Old 01/08/2008, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

that's awesome that prankster's is going to support something like this.
Old 01/08/2008, 11:16 PM
Premium Member

Too early to say who will attend. Too much can happen between now and then.

Now contributing to the Fenner Fund. That's another story.
Old 01/09/2008, 12:15 AM
Registered Member

Sorry for the silliness^^^

I spoke to Mr. Fenner a few years ago when I lived in Cali about the amount of startup cost to open a LFS. Needless to say, he talked me out of the idea. He is a very interesting fellow to talk to. I will look forward to seeing an aquarium presentaion from him.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:12 PM
HELP SLOW

I enjoyed that silliness.

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE

they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
Old 01/09/2008, 11:46 PM
Registered Member

cant you set up a pay pal account so we can just contribute that way. Not all of us are able to make it to every frag and prop meeting.
Old 01/09/2008, 11:55 PM
Registered Member

I can and will! Gimme a day and I wll post it.
Old 01/10/2008, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

Wow, go on vacation and look what happens. I'm excited, I've heard of this guy but I've never seen him speak. Should be a good time

"Can't handle the you too phrase..."

Does 2.5 gallons count as a femtoreef?
Old 01/10/2008, 05:37 PM
Premium Member

Location: O'ahu Hawai'i (Originally from Sierra Vista..and Iowa)
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Walston
cant you set up a pay pal account so we can just contribute that way. Not all of us are able to make it to every frag and prop meeting.
That’s a great idea; that way even FRAG alumni can contribute. I spoke to Bob for an hour or so at IMAC in Chicago just before I left for Hawaii. He gave me the low down on Hawaii collection laws and even gave me Charles Delbeek's contact information here in Hawaii. This all added up to me knowing for sure I could not legally keep a full blown reef in Hawaii.

As all others have already said, all round great guy, this will be a great event!

Ed
Old 01/10/2008, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Since I am new to this Hobby, I had no idea who Bob Fenner was.

I must admit that at the last FRAG meeting (my first) I was overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge in this group. I was listening to HC rattling off vocabulary of Coral Species and Reef Terms in general that had me pretty much in a "brain daze"...Now I am starting to understand where she learned at least some of this vocabulary.

At any rate I decided to do some Googleing tp see just who this Bob Fenner was/is... I am not sure if I will get in trouble for this or not, but I decided to add some links to some of his on line articles.

My guess is that (hopefully) I am not the only one that has not had the opportunity to read some of his writings yet, so in case you wanted to find out about Bob Fenner...Here you go...

Some very good reads below.

Lights
http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/...ghtingQQD.html

Aquascaping
http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/...uascaping.html

Water
http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/...g%20water.html

Maintenance
http://www.mops.ca/articles/MainFenn.htm

For the Artists
http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/...cro-algae.html

This is a very taxing hobby