Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/23/2007, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

It sounds like you have a realy nice family,and your mom was the backbone of the family.I lost both my mom,and dad last year,and it was one of the hardest things I ever went though in my life.You know you only have one mother and as you know they are irriplaceable.You are in my prayers...keep your head up..
Lou....
Old 04/23/2007, 12:55 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Sorry to hear about your Mom
Sounds like a great person, very nice that the family was able to gather & say good bye
Old 04/23/2007, 01:00 PM
i'm here for you two

So sorry for your loss, she sounded like a wonderful woman and mother............your family is in my thoughts........

A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around! "Cap'n jack sparrow"
Old 04/23/2007, 01:19 PM
forever newbie

Joey, I am so sorry. We never got a chance to say goodbye to my Mom but my sister and I got to hold her hands as she passed. As what was already said, she sounds like she was a wonderful Mom.
Old 04/23/2007, 01:39 PM
Premium Member

Sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 04/23/2007, 01:56 PM
Simply Complicated

Well Doc it sounds like you had what I can only hope for when it comes time for my parent to leave us. The time you spent with laughing and saying your goodbyes had to be the best of last moments together. Your mother was at peace and I'm sure hoped that each of you would be also.
My deepest sympathys go out to you and your family and I hope your girls remember the laughter and smiles you all shared.
Old 04/23/2007, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Condolences to you, may we all go as peacefully.

Tony
Old 04/23/2007, 02:24 PM
Ancient Eskimo Legend

Joey, your mother sounds like a wonderful soul!! I am sorry for your loss and wish you and your family happiness.

It sounds like you had a great couple of days with her and it is uplifting to hear how supportive your family was for her and each other at the end of her life.

"The wind blew, the detritus flew and then they came two by two."
Old 04/23/2007, 02:33 PM
VILP

Thank you for sharing your very touching story. The kind of peace you describe comes from knowing you've had a good life and the people you care about are there. As a mother myself, I can't imagine a better way to pass. I hope you and your family will find comfort in the look of peace you saw and in each other now and for years to come.
Old 04/23/2007, 02:35 PM
I yam what I yam

Doc,
Sorry to hear of your Mothers passing. You and the family are in our prayers. I'm sure it was comforting for her, as much as for you guys as well, to be able to spend those last few days together and say your good byes. We should all be so lucky to be able to do that. I didn't quite get that chance with my dad.

Take care of yourself.

Have you THANKED a Veteran lately for the freedoms you take for granted each day?
Old 04/23/2007, 02:54 PM
Fish nerd

Your mother was truly blessed, my deepest sympathy on her passing.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
-George Eliot
Old 04/23/2007, 02:54 PM
That's Mind Bottling !

Hey Brother.....Sooooo sorry to hear about your mom ! I concur, she sounds like an awesome lady and I'm glad you got to see her before she left !

I'll be prayin' for you !

I look at her with my head tilted to the side and in a soft voice I just say; You're so pretty !
Old 04/23/2007, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

So sorry for your loss!!! It must have really made your mother happy to have her loved ones with her. She sounds like a great Mom, that was blessed with a great family.
Old 04/23/2007, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Very sorry for your loss.
Old 04/23/2007, 03:04 PM
Xenia Philanthropist

I am really sorry for your loss, and at the same time so happy you got to know her and your family better. I hope that her passing brings the rest of your family closer than ever - that is a legacy she would be so proud to leave behind.

Hugs,

Crystal
Old 04/23/2007, 04:20 PM
Moved In

Oh Joey, I'm sorry to hear this. She sounds like a remarkable women. How wonderful you all got to say goodbye to her. Dan's whole family got to spend the last couple days with his Mother and say goodbye before she passed.

You're in my thoughts.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 04/23/2007, 04:30 PM
Got nothing

Man, I am so sorry to hear that but the way you put it turned me into an emotional wreck. It just hit me so freaking hard, sounds like you had and incredibly mother and she raised an incredible family. Crap, brandi just came home, must man up and remove tears from face. Very touching story.
Old 04/23/2007, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Just saw the thread. Sorry to hear it, but it looks like she went the best way possible. And she enjoyed every moment.

There were plenty of fish in the sea, but i wasn't ready to hang up my tacklebox.
Old 04/23/2007, 07:34 PM
On "The List"

Joey, as others have said, you were fortunate to have a mom with the strength to know peace when her time was approaching. My condolances to you and your family.

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 04/23/2007, 07:41 PM
Knows Victoria's Secret

Joey,

As someone who works in a similar field, we both have many experiences in this arena. But it never is the same until its our own loved ones we are dealing with.

It is something to truly cherish, that you got to spend that time with your mother, and how much these memories will mean to you as time passes. I'm sure that they meant the world to her.

My condolences on your familys loss.
Old 04/23/2007, 07:47 PM
troublemaker

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

It is a beautiful thing that you could have that time together.
Old 04/23/2007, 08:18 PM
Stop touching me!!!

Hey Joey, what a bittersweet thread. Sorry about your loss, but so very overjoyed to know there's another soul in heaven just waiting for you.

She sounds like an awesome Mom and you were blessed to have her. My prayers are with you and your family!
Old 04/23/2007, 08:22 PM
Did I do that?

I'm sorry for your loss Joey. I hope that you and your family find comfort in all of the great memories of your mother.
Old 04/23/2007, 08:26 PM
Monkey

Amen brother.

If you have to go - surrounded by family with time to say goodbye is definitely the way.

Peace.
Old 04/23/2007, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Doc, my condolences to you and your family. Your mom sounds like she was a great woman. How lucky you all were to have her in your life!!! Hold on to the memories and she'll never really be gone and never forgotten.

Cheryl