Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Joliet Area Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/04/2007, 08:03 PM
Joliet Area Reef Club

Hosts needed for JARC meetings

First order of business:

MEETINGS!

Meetings will be held once a month at a different member's home, and will showcase their tank. I think having meetings at members homes is a good way to share ideas, problemsolve, etc. We need some volunteers to host. Please contact me and we will start making up a calendar.
Everyone will be encouraged to bring a dish/drinks to pass, so as to lighten the financial burden of being a host. We will also need to bring chairs so there will be enough seating at these home meets.

I am arranging for our FIRST meeting to be held at Cemeno's Pizza on Essington Rd. in Joliet in a private room. It will be in MID SEPTEMBER - DATE and TIME TO BE ANNOUNCED. It will be on a Saterday afternoon. This will basically be a meet and greet. We can go over our thoughts for the future of this club. We will also ask members who wish to be officers to step up and there will be a vote. Please contact me if you are interested.

If you are serious about being a member of JARC, please try to attend the first meeting. We will be voting on things such as dues, officers, and events, etc.

I think that this is really going to be an awesome opportunity, as there are no clubs closeby.

Also, if you have any suggestions, PLEASE share

Valerie Seaward

Old 08/04/2007, 10:57 PM
Premium Member

Hey Valerie!

I would love to host for a meeting/meetings. Just let me know when the date is set for the one in September. I would love to attend.

It was really nice meeting you the other day. How is little Nemo doing? His anenome?

I got some really nice stuff from Mark yesterday. Even I was breathless!

Congratulations on the new site, it is awesome!

Take care,

Rose
Old 08/05/2007, 10:04 AM
Joliet Area Reef Club

Rose - PM sent

I'm finding out more about the meeting date as we speak, it will be posted soon.
I'm going to take a poll as to whether it would be better to have the first meeting on a Saturday or Sunday / afternoon or evening.

Old 08/07/2007, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

I can host meetings at my house if needed. I'm in Oswego.
Old 08/07/2007, 01:51 PM
Joliet Area Reef Club

That would be great, pic a month and day/time. I'll put together a calendar of events.
thanks

Old 08/07/2007, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

Any time is fine for me. If you want to talk about it at the first meeting and find out what day would be best for everyone else, I can probably do it... very flexible schedule.
Old 08/07/2007, 08:21 PM
Joliet Area Reef Club

That's awesome. We'll be in touch.