Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/13/2007, 11:15 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Yeee haaaa!!
Old 02/13/2007, 11:17 PM
Shai Dorsai!

I get the assist.
Old 02/14/2007, 10:23 AM
How YOU doin?

Hey, Andy. You need to make sure you are running ' -local" flags, set each instance to using a different machine ID, and teh service is set to start automatically.

(1) Are you running the 'local' flag? It's needed to run two instances (or more). Each instance of folding needs the flag.
Right click on the shortcut icon, select 'Properties", and go to the 'Shortcut' tab. In the text box next to 'Target' will be the path to the folding console. At the end of the path, add " -local" (no quotes). Note, there is a space before the dash, but not one after the dash.

(2) If that doesn't help, add the " -config" flag. That way, you can check to see if the machine IDs are correct. It's added the same way as the local flag. It's OK to use many flags at once. When you run the config flag, you can go through the set-up process (ie, pick your team number, CPU utilization, etc.).

When it asks if you want to "Change advance options' pick YES, and make sure one of teh machine IDs is two (the default is one). While you're in there , you might as well make sure you picked "yes" when it asked you to install it as a service.

(3) If you're running windows XP, you can right-click on 'my computer' and select 'manage'. This will bring up the computer management window. Select 'Services and Applications', then select 'Services'. They may be listed there with startup type 'Disabled', in which case you can chance startup type to 'Automatic'.

If they are not listed as a service, you can run the " -config" flag again, and set each instance as a service.

Reefcentral Folding@Home team 37251 - Click my little red house to learn more and help medical science!
Old 02/14/2007, 07:00 PM
Shai Dorsai!

Yes, I am. Neither runs as a service. I will check #3. Thanks.
c:\Users\Andy\FAH1\FAH504-Console.exe -local
c:\Users\Andy\FAH2\FAH504-Console.exe -local
Old 02/20/2007, 09:39 PM
How YOU doin?

Milestone

Milestone:
Slicktrax - 25,000 points

Reefcentral Folding@Home team 37251 - Click my little red house to learn more and help medical science!
Old 02/28/2007, 11:37 PM
How YOU doin?

Team Milestone

Team Milestone:

We've moved up to 275th place!

Old 03/03/2007, 04:51 PM
How YOU doin?

Milestone

Milestone:

Cowcio - 25,000 points

Old 03/10/2007, 08:21 PM
How YOU doin?

Milestone

Milestone:

Bill T-S - 100,000 points

Old 03/15/2007, 05:07 PM
How YOU doin?

Milestone

Milestone:

DirectPhish.com - 10,000 points

Old 06/17/2007, 07:47 AM
Premium Member

Hmm... Shoestring hasn't posted since 03/28/2007. I wonder what happened to him?
Old 09/09/2007, 09:52 PM
reef addict

was curious if there was an area for reef central team, just joined not long ago and posted in slash club at reef central to get more to join. Had folding @home on other computer so my new one has it under reef central team.
Old 09/10/2007, 03:56 PM
Premium Member

Many of us have been folding for a while. Thanks for contributing. I think I'll add updates to this thread when I can.
Old 10/12/2007, 10:39 AM
How YOU doin?

Hey, all. Shoestring's been busy! I've adjusted to single life, and the kids, my girlfriend and I are about to rent a house together. Plus, trying to get a promotion at the end of the year. Still folding, and I just got an upgraded computer at work, so after I downloaded folding on it I figured I'd swing by.