Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/22/2007, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

I emptied my tank of fish to treat for ich.It took about a week longer to catch the male than the female, so they were seperated about a week. when they were reunited in the quaranteen tank they recognized each other immediatly.
Old 10/22/2007, 01:18 PM
Moved On

if you separate a pair Of Maroons even for overnight shipping you have to keep them separated for a few days while the female exerts her frustrations from the disturbance of she'll kill her mate. I've never intentionally separated a pair for any longer then that. your female had her cooling off time in the QT while the male was away so you didn't have a problem, I'm not sure what would happen if you kept them apart for considerably longer.
Old 10/22/2007, 01:27 PM
Certified Booty Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by JetCat USA
if you separate a pair Of Maroons even for overnight shipping you have to keep them separated for a few days while the female exerts her frustrations from the disturbance of she'll kill her mate. I've never intentionally separated a pair for any longer then that.
If your not getting this info from experience, then where are you reading this, you seem a little traumatized, with your doomsday ideas, this whole thread you have been warning everyone of death and dismemberment, if you follow the suggestions of people that have experience with this I think everything will be just fine, so calm down.
Old 10/22/2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by glockcoma
If your not getting this info from experience, then where are you reading this, you seem a little traumatized, with your doomsday ideas, this whole thread you have been warning everyone of death and dismemberment, if you follow the suggestions of people that have experience with this I think everything will be just fine, so calm down.
I agree 100%
Old 10/22/2007, 02:22 PM
Cruisin In the bad Merc

yeah I thoiught he chewed and spit out my story fairly quick.
Old 10/22/2007, 02:40 PM
Moved On

Quote:
my sincerest apologies for sharing of first hand experience, I'll kindly let you 6 month in the hobby experts take it from here.
Old 10/22/2007, 02:59 PM
Certified Booty Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by JetCat USA
if she chased him, you need to try another fish, you're not going to have any luck with that one.
If this is from your 30 year experience, I would rather listen to someone with 6 month experience cause you would probably need to try this over 10 times and where you gonna find that many GSM's, and a LFS that will accept that, anyways my suggestion was told to me by someone with less than a years experience and it worked perfectly, that why I love this site cause everyone is willing to help you out, and let you know their sucsses and failure.
Old 10/22/2007, 03:18 PM
Moved On

well after the male of one of my pair died about 4 yrs ago i went through about 20 males before i found a mate she accepted. again i apologize that my experience isn't up to your qualifications.
Old 10/22/2007, 04:14 PM
Certified Booty Hunter

You should have came on here and posted for some help and you would have got advice from a newbie like me and I would have shown you how to do it with the first GSM, and you would have saved 19 Maroon's from unecessary stress
Old 10/22/2007, 04:19 PM
I yam what I yam

WOW! Guess I just got lucky with mine. Have a large gold stripped marron clown that was hosting in my RBTA. I decided to try and add in a mate so I found a small gold stripe. Put him in the tank late that night. She didn't pay too much attenetion to him at first. Woke up the next morning to find them together in the RBTA. they've been in there together ever since and they don't stray far from the RBTA.

Have you THANKED a Veteran lately for the freedoms you take for granted each day?
Old 10/22/2007, 04:56 PM
Moved On

Quote:
You should have came on here and posted for some help and you would have got advice from a newbie like me and I would have shown you how to do it with the first GSM, and you would have saved 19 Maroon's from unecessary stress
they were Maroons and not gold stripes. I'll pass on your 'expert' advice and I'll make sure when you publish your clownfish expertise books I'll pass on those as well.
Old 10/22/2007, 04:58 PM
Cruisin In the bad Merc

Nice

I did the same thing I guess we got really lucky

Quote:
Originally posted by blown63chevy
WOW! Guess I just got lucky with mine. Have a large gold stripped marron clown that was hosting in my RBTA. I decided to try and add in a mate so I found a small gold stripe. Put him in the tank late that night. She didn't pay too much attenetion to him at first. Woke up the next morning to find them together in the RBTA. they've been in there together ever since and they don't stray far from the RBTA.