Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/19/2006, 07:57 PM
TRC Leader

How big is she Ken? If I see or come across a smaller one I'll give you a heads up. Though that is silly cause you live in Cali, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find a mate for her.
Old 01/19/2006, 08:02 PM
TRC Leader

It's a very small clown, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 long.

Thanks Amy, it realy shouldn't be a problem once I'm ready to start looking.

Now getting the 225 moved this weekend is another story!

-Ken

MASLAC member
Old 01/19/2006, 08:04 PM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Konadog
Now getting the 225 moved this weekend is another story!

Bribe club members with pizza and beer and the false sense that this 225 is a "light" 225. Nothing like the horror stories they hear of.
Old 01/19/2006, 08:16 PM
TRC Leader

I have the bodies to move it, but doing it is another story. Two different crews because of the distance between places.
When all is done, it will be a 225 main tank, 60 sump, and a 40 quarantine tank.

-Ken

MASLAC member
Old 01/19/2006, 08:44 PM
TRC Leader

Wowzers!

Be sure to report back with the success story.
Old 01/19/2006, 10:07 PM
RIP-You'll be remembered

Alright alright Amy.... did you get the new clowns?!

Everything looks great.... keep it up!
Old 01/20/2006, 01:49 AM
TRC Leader

Hi Jordan! Thanks a bunch.

I did get the clowns today. I haven't been able to get any pictures of them because they are very frightened right now. Hiding in their little terra cotta pot.

They arrived nice and early (way to go UPS!) and were warm and very well packed. The female is a big girl, and both have amazing color and body weight. They were well cared for you can tell. Both were swimming around in the baggies

I did a nice long acclimation. It probably wasn't needed, the water parameters were the same as my tank pretty much. I let them go in their new breeder tank and the dove right into the pot. The female will only peek her head out a little. The male got brave and explored some. Every time I would get near the tank they would become scared though. They did not accept any food in the morning either.

I placed a black blanket around the front right side of the tank so they would become afraid when they saw me coming. That seemed to help because later today when it was time for a second meal they didn't see me put the dropper in that I use to squirt the food with. They both ate a little!

I'll see how the feel about me tomorrow and see if I can get some pics. They are both wonderful!!
Old 01/20/2006, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Congrats on your new pair.

I use black blankets/towels on all of my new marine friends. It really does help with stress.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Kelly
Old 01/20/2006, 01:57 PM
TRC Leader

Thanks Kelly! I'll try to get some pics after the weekend I think. Unless I can sneak up on them and not use the flash, but I doubt that.

I hope with a nice consistent routine and conditions that favor spawning they will get back into action in a few months.
Old 03/16/2006, 10:34 AM
Team RC Member

Hi Amy, how are your (relatively) new charges doing? I tried to send you a pm but couldn't - either you don't accept or you're box is full. Perhaps you could dump a few old messages so I can contact you, eh?
Old 03/16/2006, 10:43 AM
TRC Leader

Dude, I know she doen't do PM's anymore (notice no PM button ) but does do email (email button ) Try that.

-Ken

MASLAC member
Old 03/16/2006, 05:30 PM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Dudester
Hi Amy, how are your (relatively) new charges doing?
Hi Mike!

The clowns are really doing well! The don't miss a meal (I feed them twice a day) and Lucy is darn near pudgy. They are loving that LTA to death though I fear. Lucy is super aggressive with it, especially at meal time.

They are still well bonded. I placed a tile down near to the LTA in the hopes of them one day laying eggs. Well Charlie cleans that tile like there is no tomorrow There was a snail on it the other day and he pretty much pecked him off. He has also come to start attacking me when I have my hand near to the anemone & tile. I take all of that as a great sign

Quote:
I tried to send you a pm but couldn't - either you don't accept or you're box is full. Perhaps you could dump a few old messages so I can contact you, eh?
Ken is right (thanks Ken!), I no longer PM here on RC for a few reasons. I never miss an email though if I can help it! Feel free to zip one off my way TippyToeX at Yahoo dot Com

I'll try to get some pictures of Charlie and Lucy up in the next few days
Old 03/17/2006, 04:18 PM
Team RC Member

Glad to hear that your clowns are well, and hopefully they won't frolic at the demise of your LTA. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of some eggs in the near future!

e-mail sent!
Old 04/02/2006, 09:33 PM
TRC Leader

Hey thread followers! Since this forum is dead now, and this thread as run it's course I'm going to ask for it to be closed by the mods. Any other update I give on Charlie and Lucy will be in a new thread.

Thanks for all those who helped!