Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/21/2007, 03:10 PM
Bogus Information Expert

I say good riddance; I've never advocated Randy's idea of adding a sunken ship of iron to one's tank. Of course, that's just my opinion and Randy will need to return to defend his premise.

Tom
Old 03/21/2007, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

Randy
I suppose It was only a matter of time, before you moved on. I am well pleased with what you left all of us with, KNOWLEDGE! Much thanks for taking the time you did here on RC. We will keep our eyes open of any new articles you may write! I pray you find a cure for cancer!
Victoria
Old 03/21/2007, 05:22 PM
This is not a test

Randy,

Sorry to hear that you are leaving. I really think you stand out as a pioneer in changing many approaches to reef keeping. You have made a difference. I think that sums it up. Best of luck in all your endeavors.
Old 03/21/2007, 07:25 PM
Premium Member

Ironically I have never posted on this forum until now though I have followed it carefully and learned many valuable things. This outpouring of thanx and appreciation is richly deserved. You will be greatly missed. You have made an lasting impact on this hobby. You have also taught me that I should have paid closer attention in chemistry class Best wishes for your future endeavors.
Old 03/21/2007, 07:49 PM
Moved On

Good Luck Randy and enjoy your free time... Your articles have been a great source of informantion and will be greatly missed (though I have bookmarked quite a few to look back on) Again enjoy your free time you deserve it!!!
Old 03/21/2007, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Randy for all your contributions!
Old 03/21/2007, 08:54 PM
Professional Hen Teaser

Thank you for being there to answer... You'll be missed!
Old 03/21/2007, 09:01 PM
Premium Member

Randy,

Thanks for all your helps, your knowledge, and supportive attitude will be missed greatly. If you ever in Monterey/Pebble Beach/Carmel, please drop me a note and we will be happy to show you around so to repay a little of what you have done for us.
Old 03/21/2007, 11:37 PM
Registered Member

Come on Randy, you can't let WaterKeeper push you around like that! Put your iron toed boot in front of his walker and trip him. I have read your various articles many times, you sure have made a difference.
Thank you
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, In the ocean as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily surf. And forgive us our stolen waves, As we forgive those who pull out in front of us. And lead us not into white water, But deliver us from the tube. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Old 03/21/2007, 11:51 PM
Unregistered Member

For all your help.

The name's Luis. Don't ask.
Old 03/22/2007, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Randy. Your archived articles will help out us a lot.

Mike
Old 03/22/2007, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Randy .

Best of luck and may god bless you in what ever you do .
Old 03/22/2007, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

randy, sorry to see you go. muck thanks for all your time and insight! best of luck in the future. bobt
Old 03/22/2007, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

Hi Dr. Holmes-Farley,

You know, I never did get comfortable with the idea of calling you Randy. You seem like a really nice man, and I have chuckled a few times when reading that your wife and daughters play the piano and you like to listen. Good for you for listening and AWESOME for them for knowing how to play. Your contributions to RC are really beyond mere words. Also, your brain is rather amazing. Dr. Holmes-Farly, I truly am wishing you and your family peace, and quite obviously, thank you for your patience and your help. God be with you.

Jeanna
Old 03/22/2007, 12:06 PM
Premium Member

Thank you for everything Randy. I hope to see you around in the future. You have certainly been one of the most helpful people I have had a chance to communicate with over the years.

Thanks again!
Old 03/22/2007, 01:44 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Thanks Randy.

As someone trained in chemistry, albeit inorganic, I always thought it was awesome that someone with a PhD was willing to spend to so much time helping others out with their reefs.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing some of the Genzyme drugs we had talked about out on the market.
Old 03/22/2007, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

best wishes randy...
Old 03/22/2007, 05:19 PM
Premium Member

Many thanks and best wishes Randy.
Old 03/22/2007, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Randy, I would like to say thanks & extend my graditude for the contribution you have made to this community. Your expert knowledge has provided me with accurate facts along with logic and understading of some pretty complex issues. You are very respected and will be missed.
Old 03/23/2007, 11:15 AM
Premium Member

Thank you so much for your contributions, I've learned boatloads from your atricles and posts. Obviously form the NINE pages so far of comments, you've been greatly appreciated.

I wish you success and happiness -

how about coming back under an alias, recreationally? You could anonymously challenge the B.S. that's sure to fill the void of your knowledge...

again, best wishes..

G.
Old 03/23/2007, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Randy,

Thanks so much for your articles and quick, educated, and non biased responses.

I've acheived a pretty good level of success with my reef over the past 3 years because of the information in this forum.

Good luck with your future projects.
Old 03/23/2007, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :'(
Old 03/23/2007, 11:13 PM
Premium Member

Thanks you have led us all through the proverbial sea of misinformation.
Old 04/04/2007, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

53,000 posts in 6 years, 8833 posts a year, 24 posts a day, 1 post every hour... do you actually sleep? I think that pretty much says it all, your contributions will be continued to be read here for many many years ahead! Go and enjoy your spare time
Old 04/06/2007, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

I to must add to the list of thanks. Thank you for all the time you have contributed to this great hobby. I have rarely posted on this board because of the wealth of knowledge that is here. I have read and followed this forum for a long time. I have always looked forward to your articles. I do hope you enjoy your new found time. As everyone else has, I wish you the best. Drop in from time to time, everyone would enjoy a post from you every now and again.

Blake