Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/05/2007, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

HAD TO!

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 12/05/2007, 03:12 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Leeching parasitic page trollop
Old 12/05/2007, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye ME
I see you're fairly new to this topic, so one word of advice:

Don't try to talk logic with SEC fans. It just won't work and is a waste of your time.
LOL
Old 12/05/2007, 11:03 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Last year the SEC was the strongest conference but it wasn't all powerful like the fanboys like to think. The bowl games bare out that opinion. LSU creamed Norte Dame, almost as bad as Michigan earlier in the year. Notre Dame beat Georgia tech by a TD and beat UCLA on a last second score, big deal. The Irish played 3 good teams last year and got trounced every time. Florida spanked OSU but what did that really prove? All the SEC fans last year were saying OSU came from a weak conference and hadn't played anyone. Was Florida that good last year, I don't know, maybe but maybe OSU was as weak as the SEC fans thought. Arkansas, Alabama and Tennessee lost their bowl games, Kentucky and Georgia won by a TD or less. Hardly evidence of a dominent group of teams.

This year I have seen nothing to make me think the SEC is any better than the other conferences, yet.
Well would you agree that there is less of a gap between talent within the the SEC as opposed to the Big 10 or Big 12?

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!

Last edited by 55semireef; 12/05/2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12/06/2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Well would you agree that there is less of a gap between talent within the the SEC as opposed to the Big 10 or Big 12?
The 12 looks like 3 good teams, 2 or 3 average teams and several practice squads.

Dunno, Big ten and the SEC look really similar except the Ten had an obviously dominant team. The SEC's most dominant team was Georgia but the early losses kinda blew them off the radar screen. Other than that both conferences were really evenly matched except for a few cellar dwellers at the bottom.
Old 12/07/2007, 12:12 AM
Here comes the Gators

Yeah the Big 10 may have a similar outlook but I definately would there is much more talent in the SEC than the Big 10. Woudn't you agree?

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/07/2007, 12:37 AM

Honestly I don't know overall. SEC has a few high profile stars but is the level of overall talent higher, really hard to say.

I would really like to see the NCAA take some control over scheduling. I was really looking forward to seeing SC and Georgia play. It would be cool if they came up with a standard where teams had to play at least 1 BCS out of conference game a year. Be a lot easier to judge what level the conferences are really at.
Old 12/07/2007, 02:16 PM
Here comes the Gators

I would have loved to see a UGA/USC matchup. I think that would have probably have been one of the best matchups of the year.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/07/2007, 05:57 PM

Would have settled a lot of questions/arguments.

I saw a pretty good explaination of why Illinois was chosen for the Rose Bowl over Georgia.

If the Rose Bowl committee had pitted Georgia against USC there is little doubt it would have been the highest rated post season bowl game, surpassing even the national championship game in viewers. It would have featured what is arguably the best two teams in the nation at this point but also east verses west, Pac 10 against SEC.

By choosing Illinois the PAC 10 Big 10 tradition was preserved. It was also the only was a SEC team could appear in the sugar bowl thus upholding that tradition. Being a very caring organization the Rose Bowl people put tradition ahead of profit.

THAT AND THE FACT THE NCAA IS GIVING THE ROSE BOWL A VERY LARGE BRIBE!!!!
Old 12/07/2007, 06:19 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Would have settled a lot of questions/arguments.

I saw a pretty good explaination of why Illinois was chosen for the Rose Bowl over Georgia.

If the Rose Bowl committee had pitted Georgia against USC there is little doubt it would have been the highest rated post season bowl game, surpassing even the national championship game in viewers. It would have featured what is arguably the best two teams in the nation at this point but also east verses west, Pac 10 against SEC.

By choosing Illinois the PAC 10 Big 10 tradition was preserved. It was also the only was a SEC team could appear in the sugar bowl thus upholding that tradition. Being a very caring organization the Rose Bowl people put tradition ahead of profit.

THAT AND THE FACT THE NCAA IS GIVING THE ROSE BOWL A VERY LARGE BRIBE!!!!
Yeah, I bet a lot more people would have been interested in the UGA/USC game over LSU/OSU. All I got to say now is Hawaii is going to get raped by UGA and USC is going to put a whooping on Illinois. Not really to sure about West Virginia and Oklahoma. LSU will beat OSU.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/07/2007, 07:10 PM

I am not so sure about LSU winning, I am not impressed by either team. I would have liked to have seen some decent east vs west action. I think OK vs Florida could have been a great game. Arizona state and Texas should be fun.
Old 12/07/2007, 07:19 PM
Here comes the Gators

Just imagine the two offenses of FLA and Oklahoma going at it? That would be a high scoring game for sure.

So who is going to win the heisman? It's obviously one of two SEC players...McFadden of Tebow.

I put my money on Tebow.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/07/2007, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

I think that Tebow will win.

Heck, he rushed for more td's than McFaddon, and of course was a pretty decent qb as well.
I know that McFaddon is a great player, but Felix Jones averaged more ypc than he did out of the same backfield this year. Kevin Smith, the rb out of UCF ran for 700 more yards than McFaddon did this year. You dont even hear his name though. He had like 2,450 yards or something. That is rediculous in a short college season.
Old 12/07/2007, 07:58 PM

I hope Tebow, He and Mcfadden are going to split the vote. If someone else outside the SEC would have stepped up, Like White at WV he would have taken it because of the split. McFadden is crazy good but he hasn't really made himself stand out this year other than that LSU game. Normally Tebow wouldn't have a chance in hell but none of the other Heisman candidates lived up to their expectations. I say its a tossup between those 2 but again with the split someone unexpected could sneak in. Last I saw Dixon was still getting a lot of support. If he hadn't gotten hurt I think he'd be the favorite.
Old 12/07/2007, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

Tebows gonna win it....i mean lets face it he rushed for more tds as a qb then Mcfadden and they play in the same conference so its not like Tebows going against a cupcake schedule and Mcfadden isnt
Old 12/07/2007, 08:20 PM

But I bet you McFadden goes very high in the draft. The difference I see between him and Reggie Bush is MsFadden can be a leader and take control of a game. Bush was crazy good but he wasn't a playmaker like McFadden can be.
Old 12/07/2007, 09:19 PM
Here comes the Gators

If Dixon hadn't got hurt and Oregon won out, Dixon most likely would have got it. McFadden put up better numbers than he did last year but what did Tebow did this year may never be done again. Tebow is just plain nasty. You will occasionally see players like McFadden come and go. The chances you will see another Tebow is almost never.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/08/2007, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
If Dixon hadn't got hurt and Oregon won out, Dixon most likely would have got it. McFadden put up better numbers than he did last year but what did Tebow did this year may never be done again. Tebow is just plain nasty. You will occasionally see players like McFadden come and go. The chances you will see another Tebow is almost never.
coughVinceYoungcough

but in all seriousness Tebow is playin sick this year
Old 12/08/2007, 12:25 PM

Yeah, not to take anything away from Tebow but he has grabbed a lot of TD's this year in garbage time when he had no business being in the game. Tebow is a better passer than young was but young had better field sense.
Old 12/08/2007, 12:29 PM
Here comes the Gators

Young was also a senior when he left. Tebow is only a sophomore.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/08/2007, 01:11 PM

Oh contrare semi one, young left as a junior.
Old 12/08/2007, 01:23 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Oh contrare semi one, young left as a junior.
He wasn't a senior? Hmmm, I could have swore he was. I believe you though if you say so.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/08/2007, 01:29 PM

Yeah, he split a year early. Probably a big mistake cause he would have been a lock for the Heisman last year. Bush went out as a junior too.
Old 12/08/2007, 09:09 PM
Here comes the Gators

TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/09/2007, 07:18 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo??

Steeler fans........hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo????