Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/06/2007, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

only thing youll find cheaper is base rock thats no longer living. unless u get lucky like me.

I got like 150 pounds @ 1.50/lb
Old 04/06/2007, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

lol

I've found rock cheaper than 4.00 before... actually, its not uncommon to find it for 2-3.00 a pound. So, to say the only thing cheaper you will find is dead base rock is a little on the absurd side...! I'm not saying that 4.00 a pound is a bad price, its just thats probaly a good price for people who are used to getting ripped at 6-10.00 a pound at the LFS. So, its NOT the only thing besides base rock that can be found for less than 4.00
Another thing- i have found stuff on ebay that is cheap, but its not going to be hand picked. I don't mind that its uncured, since I'm just starting a new tank up.
So, if anyone is offering rock at a good price(better than 4.00), I'm interested.
Thanks!
Old 04/06/2007, 08:10 PM
ostensibly normal

There is a LFS in the Raleigh area that sells 50# boxes of uncured Fiji rock for $3/lb. But I don't think it's always in stock. It's what I used for my current tank and is a good deal if you don't mind curing it.
Old 04/07/2007, 12:04 AM
Registered Member

:)

Thats what I'm talking about I can get it on ebay for 2.10lb., but then shipping is 50.00...
Whats the name of the store? Thanks alot!-Adam
Old 04/07/2007, 07:42 AM
Premium Member

I gotta know too!
Old 04/07/2007, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Re: :)

Quote:
Originally posted by hoyta
Thats what I'm talking about I can get it on ebay for 2.10lb., but then shipping is 50.00...
Whats the name of the store? Thanks alot!-Adam
Its probably either
http://www.downundersaltwater.com
or
http://www.isaacsaquatica.com
Iwould give downunder a try first I know that at the last frag swap there I got some real nice l/r there for I think it was $3 a lb anyway I know I was very please with the price and what I got
Old 04/07/2007, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

hey guys...what is the communbity association in charlotte for reefers. It is something like rasock
Old 04/07/2007, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Easter Wishes

I just wanted to wish all a happy Easter , Dave E
Old 04/07/2007, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

The charlotte reef groups is rasoc.org
Old 04/07/2007, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Hey Robert, long time no talk. Work has been killing me lately.
Old 04/08/2007, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Another NC member here. I know some of you from the DU swaps. Happy Easter to those of us who celebrate.

WHERE DID ALL MY MONEY GO?
Old 04/11/2007, 05:19 PM
Premium Member

C02 Tank refills

Hey guys!! Anyone know where you can get a C02 tank refilled but not exchanged in or near Durham. I have a nice new aluminum tank and really dont want to exchange for a steel one.
Local place here in Durham will only do an exchange
Old 04/13/2007, 02:58 AM
Registered Member

URI A4 Ballast wired w/2pr of dual encaps

As subject says a URI A4 ballast wired w/2pr of dual endcaps. This ballast is the same as the IC 660 without the dimmer feature and it is red in color (made by IC). Will fire NO, PC, VHO and T-5. $100 Shipped in lower 48. Purchased it from a fellow reefer and changed my mind on lighting. Thanks for looking.

Jeff
Old 04/13/2007, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

Re: C02 Tank refills

Quote:
Originally posted by Phyxius
Hey guys!! Anyone know where you can get a C02 tank refilled but not exchanged in or near Durham. I have a nice new aluminum tank and really dont want to exchange for a steel one.
Local place here in Durham will only do an exchange

Check your fire estinguisher companies. That is where I got mine refilled.

Clint
Old 04/13/2007, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

Live sand?

Does anyopne have any extra sand? I need enough for a shallow bottom in a 65... Thanks alot!-Adam
Old 04/13/2007, 09:18 AM
Premium Member

Hello everyone. Just got two nanos setup. A 14 gal at home and a 10 gal at work. The tank at home will be for SPS and the work tank will be for softies and LPS. Not setting up a big tank again until I get a decent stock of nice frags.

I'll definitely be looking to purchase frags (don't have any to swap yet) at the swap next Saturday. I'd love to talk with some folks that will be selling frags at the swap. I'm interested in anything colorful (of course). I also need some chaeto for my refugiums. Please let me know. Thanks.

Pete
Old 04/13/2007, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Is the swap next saturday is outside of Garner? Is there ever any swaps closer to the Greensboro/WS area?

Clint
Old 04/13/2007, 09:35 AM
Actiniaria Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nanokeeper
Hello everyone. Just got two nanos setup. A 14 gal at home and a 10 gal at work. The tank at home will be for SPS and the work tank will be for softies and LPS. Not setting up a big tank again until I get a decent stock of nice frags.

I'll definitely be looking to purchase frags (don't have any to swap yet) at the swap next Saturday. I'd love to talk with some folks that will be selling frags at the swap. I'm interested in anything colorful (of course). I also need some chaeto for my refugiums. Please let me know. Thanks.

Pete
I can probably bring you some Chaeto, unless it all sells through my post on the for-sale forum before then. For nano's you wouldn't need much anyway, I guess. If I don't have any extra I'm sure someone else can bring you some, though. It grows fast.

I can bring some softy frags if you like. Zoas and pulsing xenia and anthelia, I think I have one green spaghetti (Sinularia) frag that's finally attached to the plug. I really need to start some kind of inventory to keep up with what I have, it's getting too big to remember...

-Sonja
Old 04/13/2007, 09:38 AM
Member of SEA-T

Quote:

Pete
i should have a few corals for sale/trade at the DU swap saturday.

Quote:
Originally posted by cbabcock
Is the swap next saturday is outside of Garner? Is there ever any swaps closer to the Greensboro/WS area?

the SEA-T group ( i think you have the link ) is having our next swap May 5th. the greensboro shop will never have anything to do with having a swap. we asked about having our first meeting there, and got turned down. one of our members was handing out some fliers for the first meeting and go kicked out. the kernersville store is a lot more open to doing a swap from the store, but getting it together just has not happened.
Old 04/13/2007, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Paintbug,
Thanks. I did not know if this was a planned swap or just a meet. I plan on making it.
Thanks,

Clint
Old 04/13/2007, 09:53 AM
Premium Member

cbabcock,
Thanks and I will check with them.

Quote:
Check your fire estinguisher companies. That is where I got mine refilled.
Old 04/13/2007, 10:07 AM
Actiniaria Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Paintbug

the SEA-T group ( i think you have the link ) is having our next swap May 5th.
We'll be at SaltwaterU3 that weekend, so I guess we'll have to try again next time, again.

-Sonja
Old 04/13/2007, 10:47 AM
Premium Member

Sonja - That's great. Thanks very much. If that is indeed you in the picture then I'll be able to find you easily.

Paintbug - Thanks. I'll be on the look out for you too. Any idea what you'll be bringing?
Old 04/13/2007, 10:55 AM
Premium Member

Opps. Double post. Sorry.
Old 04/13/2007, 11:03 AM
Member of SEA-T

Quote:

Paintbug - Thanks. I'll be on the look out for you too. Any idea what you'll be bringing?
not really it kinda depends on what i trade for at the DU swap next weekend. i have some zoas, kenya trees, colt corals, a couple of mushrooms, and yumas in the grow out tank i just started it up and its just finishing up the algae phase. hopefully i will know more on what i will be bring after the DU swap.