Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/31/2005, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

Are you sure he's in Europe? I was under the impression it was just his ex-girlfriend moving there. He told me that he had sent an e-check early last week and I figured I would have it this Tuesday by the latest, but I haven't received it. I'm definitely interested in getting together with anybody that wants to file a police report over this matter.
Old 08/31/2005, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

Tyler,

Do you have the number?

Keith
Old 08/31/2005, 11:51 PM
Registered Member

Afterall, he is German-born so his going to Europe is not too far out there. I often wondered reading this if he is an American citizen, if a felony charge would have any effect on that, etc.
Old 08/31/2005, 11:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Is4U2NV
Ok just tried to call. You need to call the Fraud Division, not sure if the number has been posted but this is it. They are gone for today, but I am going to try again tomorrow.

314-444-5379

Tyler
Thats the number. I tried to quote this earlier but it wouldn't go through. Anywho, please someone call. I am going to try tomorrow, but you see how well that has gone.

Tyler

Click the Red House for my Feedback
Old 09/01/2005, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Maitreya,

I was promised a money order to arrive this monday/tuesday. Even accounting for the hurricane I should have it by now - so I guess it was never sent. I am not certain if he is just having a real bad time, and lying to buy himself a little wiggle room, or he reallty is scamming people. I suspect the former - after all, people have received corals from him in the past. His Europe trip is supposed to take 2-3 weeks. But now that his cell is not working, it makes me wonder if the trip is not of a more permanent nature.

Keith
Old 09/06/2005, 05:17 PM
kz skimmer rocks

ok, where are you guys at on this one?
Old 09/07/2005, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

*Sigh*.. I have horribly failed at following through on calling. I just cannot find the time, where I am around the computer to have all the information. I do try though. Has anyone else called?

Right now I am at work, and while I have access to the computer, its not mine with all the info on it.

Tyler

Old 09/07/2005, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

what i dont understand is everyone is getting ripped off and no one has done anything about it but type on this thread. this guy will continue to do this until someone puts a stop to it. it doesnt take much tp print the info and take it with you so you can make the call. someone do something before he gets someone else.
Old 09/07/2005, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

are you guys aware that on his website he gives specific dates that he will be out of town?---look under store hours
Old 09/07/2005, 05:16 PM
kz skimmer rocks

that is besides the point here

some people ordered stuff more than a month ago.

Is4U2NV

how can you not find the time? i dont understand thats me.
Old 09/07/2005, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

I could find the time, if they didn't leave before 5 pm.

Tyler

Old 09/07/2005, 07:38 PM
Moved On

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Zomania changed their ebay user name to premiumzoanthids and has HORRIBLE feedback, just check the link below

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...emiumzoanthids

But I will say this, FrankieJ is good people and has done electrical work at my house. He even did my fish room with 3 seperate 20 amp outlets. 1 for lights, 1 for the pump, and 1 for everything else.

I wish nothing but the best of luck to everyone.

SavetheReefs
Old 09/07/2005, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

the dates that he will be out of town are most definately not beside point. there are accusations of nic taking the money and fleeing to europe permanently---the fact that he has had these dates posted for months shows that is not the case. i agree that its not right if theyre getting ripped off, but i have very little sympathy since all theyre doing is coming here to blow off steam and talk trash without actually doing anything about it.
Old 09/07/2005, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

March 11th-20th
May 10th
June 10th
August 19th-September 11th
November 25th-30th
December 19th-January 1st

Do you realize when this thread was made, it wasn't during any of those times.. This thread is over 2 months old. I've just slacked on calling the Authorities, but there is no period of 2 months he will be gone. Try again.

Tyler

Old 09/07/2005, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

first off, i dont know where you get off with the whole "try again" comment.

im not talking about the time this thread started. im talking about the time you guys started saying he left town and possibly for a permanent vacation. all im saying is, of course hes out of town---he posted months ago that he would be out of town. and like i said, if you feel its such a big deal, then do something about it.
Old 09/07/2005, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

Oh, my bad. I was a little irritated for other reasons not applicable to you. Sorry.

But, I thought you were saying that he said he would be out of town this whole time. And I was confused. But now I do understand.

I know I need to do something. Too busy!

Tyler

Old 09/08/2005, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

well, look at it this way, you paid a couple of hundred dollars to not have a bryopsis infestation. nic came by a few months ago to trade some frags as we had been trading for a little while. well, the last time he came by only two of the frags were what they were supposed to be, and a couple of them had a few little pieces of hair algae on it. not thinking anything of it, i put it in my tank and have been battling a horrible bryopsis infestation ever since. ive almost got it licked, but its not something you want to have to deal with---the stuff is next to impossible to get rid of
Old 09/08/2005, 09:04 AM
Premium Member

I recieved a refund through paypal just the other day. They(zomania/aquatic gems/etc.) wrote me an e-mail, telling me what happenned. but keep trying to get in touch with them.
Old 09/08/2005, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

what did they say happened?
Old 09/08/2005, 05:53 PM
kz skimmer rocks

please let me know what they said
Old 09/08/2005, 11:38 PM
Registered Member

WOW THIS THREAD IS STILL GOING !!
Old 09/09/2005, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jwalters103
the dates that he will be out of town are most definately not beside point. there are accusations of nic taking the money and fleeing to europe permanently---the fact that he has had these dates posted for months shows that is not the case. i agree that its not right if theyre getting ripped off, but i have very little sympathy since all theyre doing is coming here to blow off steam and talk trash without actually doing anything about it.
first off i don't see the where this posted on his site that he will be out of town for two months but if that is true it most certainly should be on the front page where people can clearly see they will not be receiving what they are ordering for months . This european vacation just doesn't match with the other stuff we have been hearing like how he is busy rebuilding his tank system.

more importantly he has told people he going to refund their money or ship them the corals and for most of them he never did this.

fact is you shouldn't be taking money for a product you can't deliver or have no plans on shipping out for months . that's a ridiculous way to business. compound this with the other things, his refusal to come post here in his own defence to explain what is really going on , or to tell other people when they call (this is the first we have heard about any vacation), his closing of his ebay account , then opening a new one only to close it after he gets too many bad feedbacks, closing his paypal account when people start wanting refunds, changing his phone number, the mysterious computer crash where he loses all of the customer info yet still has the info to send stuff to people who never gave the info again....

Quote:
well, look at it this way, you paid a couple of hundred dollars to not have a bryopsis infestation. nic came by a few months ago to trade some frags as we had been trading for a little while. well, the last time he came by only two of the frags were what they were supposed to be, and a couple of them had a few little pieces of hair algae on it. not thinking anything of it, i put it in my tank and have been battling a horrible bryopsis infestation ever since. ive almost got it licked, but its not something you want to have to deal with---the stuff is next to impossible to get rid of
lol so he should be happy that he paid a couple hundred for absolutely nothing ? if this bryosis infection was the "new reason" he should have told people, refunded their money and stopped taking orders long ago . you don't keep selling a product that you are unable to provide , you also refund money to the people who have purchased your product and you can't not provide that product in the foreseeable future.

anyways there simply is no way you can really defend the way he is doing business , this is absolutely ridiculous. I seriously hope that you do the hobby a favor and get through to the police about this because from this sounds of things he is in the process of setting up to start selling them again . I'm sure it will be under a new name but he should have some consequences for what he has done here so he is less apt to do it to other people when he opens shop again.
Old 09/09/2005, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Ok, well I am able to call today, but I can't seem to track down all the info in this thread. I think some posts have been deleted or something, becuase I remember seeing one post with his full name and such.

All I can find now is that his real name is Hans.
What the hell is his last name, street address etc? I can't seem to find it through all these pages.

Tyler

Old 09/09/2005, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

it does seem to be missing . this is the "public information" about the registration of his website and is available to anyone that takes the time to look it up. not sure why anyone would delete it. I would print it out so you have a copy.

Hanno Erlmann
1000 Washington Ave
Apt 722
St Louis, MO 63101
US

Domain name: ZOMANIA.COM

Administrative Contact:
Yang, Debbie yangd@olin.wustl.edu
665 Skinker Blvd
Apt 7E
St Louis, Mo 63105
US
314-616-7539
Technical Contact:
Hostmaster, Domain hostmaster@doteasy.com
Suite 210 - 3602 Gilmore Way
Burnaby, BC V5G 4W9
CA
(604) 434-4307 Fax: (604) 608-6832
Old 09/09/2005, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

I tried to call, but they don't answer the phone. I have left multiple messages. Whats up with the Fraud Department? Has anyone tried to call and actually got them?

Tyler