Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/28/2005, 09:35 AM
Premium Member

Is it that much different from the flat frozen formula I/II. That's what I use most of the time. Dave at petland said he could get it for me and when I asked about it they said it wasn't available for him to order. I guess through the petland warehouse. I've noticed that Petmart has a freezer with food. I'll check it out incase they have it.

I really think its too far gone. Its mostly a skeleton.

Cindy
Old 01/28/2005, 01:23 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

Here is a link to my sale ad for the 200 if anyone is interested.
Old 01/28/2005, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

I'm in ca and I made friends with a guy that owns a saltwater fish wholesale company. If anyone is intereasted in a group buy i can see if i can get some prices. They are very reputable here and i believe they sometimes ship to saltwater paradise.
Old 01/28/2005, 02:33 PM
Moved On

Hi all, have arrived in Canton, visited Tyler the other day and hubby bought me a beautiful new 75g complete set up at the pet store there. Its beautiful.
Wish they had more saltwater things tho but looks good so far.
Hope to meet you real soon
Karen
Old 01/28/2005, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

Hi Karen, I'm glad ya'll are here now. How exciting to get a brand new set up! Which pet store did you get it from?

I'm picking up a used 55 gl acrylic tank with stand and canopy tomorrow afternoon in Dallas. Its pretty basic but will suit my needs for now. Hopefully it won't rain on us all the way.

Show us some pics as you get it set up. That's always fun.

Cindy
Old 01/29/2005, 01:17 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

Really exciting stuff

I just had a multitude of baby shrimp appear in my tank !

they are about 1/2 a millimeter long.

I think they must have come in with the anemones. My other fish really like them though. I guess I won't have to feed for a few days. There are hundreds and hundreds of them.
Old 01/29/2005, 01:45 PM
Moved On

My new 75gallon from Tyler

I forget the name of it, is there more then one place for saltwater in Tyler? If so, address please.
Here is the new tank
Old 01/29/2005, 01:46 PM
Moved On

Hi Cindy, have a safe trip, supposed to rain tomorrow but just cloudy today I think. What are you going to use the 55 for?
Old 01/29/2005, 06:15 PM
Premium Member

Hi Karen! Your new 75 gl looks great!!!

The only store that sells saltwater fish in Tyler is Petland which is where I assume you got yours. Located at Broadway and the loop across from the mall.

Further south on Broadway is PetsMart. They don't sell salt water fish but they have other stuff for the tank. Magnum 350, tanks, maintenance stuff, no salt.

We got the 55 to use as a QT tank. My hippo tang has a bit of ich . I have 17 fish so I will have to QT all of them. I was needing also to change out my sandbed so I figured I'd do it all at the same time. Now my husband is saying a Lion fish surely would look nice in there once we are finished with the QT. I really wanted to put it out in the garage after QT because of lack of space.

The woman I got this from still has a 45 gl with stand, canopy and wet dry filter for 200 . This one is glass and looked in real good shape. Its kind of square shaped,not the usual rectangular shape. One woman in Dallas is looking at it for her sea horses and she has about 14 people looking at it on e-bay.

Gotta run to the store!
Can't wait to see your new tank all decked out. You might want to take a look at the Dallas site. You might get all the LR and livestock from there. There's always someone selling.
www.dfwmas.com.

Cindy
Old 01/29/2005, 09:00 PM
Premium Member

Hi Japheth! That sounds pretty neat about all of the baby shrimp. I wonder how long they will last in the tank?

Cindy
Old 01/29/2005, 10:31 PM
Registered Member.

Japheth
What kind of corals are you looking for ? I have some soft corals i can frag.

Hi Nemo glad you made it hope you both had a nice trip. I like your new tank it looks great are you going to put your RBTA's in it or somthing else.

Bump

Last edited by bump321; 01/29/2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01/29/2005, 11:22 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

bump, all I have so far are blue/green striped mushrooms, green star polyps, 2 toadstools, the torch (I think), and some brown/peach zoos, so I'm pretty much looking for anything. All I have so far is frags so the tank is pretty bare but what I have is growing very nicely

well, I think my fish mush have feasted all day long cause all the shrimp are gone. There's probably still some in the rocks that my crabs and stuff will get.

Just to let everyone know. (except that I want it but can't afford it right now) Wet pets has a BEAUTIFUL green carpet anemone for $80, the same price as marinedepotlive, petsolutions, and liveaquaria, except without the shipping cost.
Just thought I'd let ya'll know in case anyone was looking.
Old 01/30/2005, 12:15 AM
Registered Member.

Send me your email & i will send you some pictures of some stuff i got that i can frag.

I have a blue carpet and a white one. The blue one is my # 1 thing in the tank.

On page one in my gallery you can see my 2 carpets. On page 4 the last 2 pictures you can see my 2 Seahores eating the baby P.shrimp in there tank. The shrimp have them around every two weeks.

Last edited by bump321; 01/30/2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01/30/2005, 09:55 AM
Premium Member

Japheth, bumps carpets are wonderful.They are huge!! I think you'd really like a frag of it. I guess it was the blue one that I saw at her house with the clowns that kept laying eggs by it.

I may be able to scrounge up a little something for you as well.

Is this going in your bow front? I wasn't sure if you still had it or not.

Cindy
Old 01/30/2005, 10:13 AM
RC Staff
American

Watch out for those carpet Anemones. They can easily make 2 feet across, and pack a wicked sting. You don't want to be on the receiving end of one of those stings. My green carpet takes up some major real estate in my 220, and he's at about 18" now. When he hits the 2 foot mark, I'll need to shift a bunch of stuff around to protect them from the carpet. This is not an animal for a cramped tank.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....
Old 01/30/2005, 10:24 AM
Premium Member

Re: My new 75gallon from Tyler

Hi Karen! I guess I need to appologize. I commented that I couldn't wait to see your new tank all decked out. I went back and looked and it is all decked out. Its beautiful!!

I'm a little worried here. Am I really starting to get that old that I had not noticed? I could have sworn I was looking at an empty tank. I was looking hard at the tank and stand to see if it was the Oceanic setup at Pet Land.

Please tell me I'm not going crazy! Oh well, go ahead-I can take it!

I almost bought the 55 gl for QT from Pet Land but was really wanting acrylic so I could put it out in the garage when finished. Light enough for me to carry , easy to store and no glass to break.

I'm not retired yet like you but I surely would like to be! I turn 53 in March and I'm ready to slow down.

Cindy
Old 01/30/2005, 10:24 AM
Premium Member

Re: My new 75gallon from Tyler

Karen, I have a pm for you.
Old 01/30/2005, 11:05 AM
REEFAHOLIC!

bump, send you an email.

Cindy, I'm going to be keeping the bowfront. I really want to keep the 200 but between 50 hour work weeks and a 3 hour class two nights a week (plus homework) I really just don't have time to do anything with it.
Old 01/30/2005, 11:49 AM
Moved On

lol. I saw that beamer and was wondering what I had left out of the tank? lol
no problem tho.
come by to visit me if you can. Would love to meet ya. I am not familiar with the area just yet so dont wander past walmart.
I am looking for a nice carpet anemone and also a few fish for the tank. Clarki clowns would be great, but any clowns would be fine.
would also like to get a few other fish for the tank if anyone is looking for a home for something they have.
Let me know what ya got.
I have some coralife fixtures for sale and will post them under the for sale section when I get time. I dont want to ship so local only.
Old 01/30/2005, 12:01 PM
TRC Leader

Karen, do you still have a million Rose BTAs? Btw, someone told me the link on my site to your Rose page is not working. Can I get the current URL from you?

Cindy, someone just recently put up a 55g and stand for $50 on our site. Did you see that?
Old 01/30/2005, 12:21 PM
Moved On

Hi Mel, I just went to it and its working,
http://www.freewebs.com/karenssaltwater/
I lost allot of roses before the move, my tank crashed because I was not keeping up with it as I usually do, then the move caused some more to be lost. I only have a few left but will start over. I was adamant about not selling any before the move and now wish I had . So sad to loose them.
Let me know if you can get into the sight now. Its working fine for me.
Karen
Old 01/30/2005, 12:23 PM
TRC Leader

The URL I had on my site is quite different, and does not work:

http://home.att.net/~karenssaltwater...ome.html-.html

I'll go update it with the one you just gave me.

Sorry about the losses.
Old 01/30/2005, 12:32 PM
Moved On

Hi Mel, that is way old and was turned off months ago, I have a new site that is much much nicer. Hope you like it.
Yea, was sick to wake up the day before the move to find the tank was gone. I lost my beloved breeding pair of clarki, they layed eggs ever few weeks like clockwork. Lost my mandrin, both my large dominoe and yellow back domino also,
I moved my 5" maroon clown female with her little male and lost them the day we arrived here. So sad to loose things that you have had for so long.
I tried to find them a home in Az so that I would have to bring them but no one wanted them so brought them with me.
So am fishless at the moment, my new 75 needs some pretty fish now to spice it up.
anyone know what the petland in Tyler has on hand at the moment?
Old 01/30/2005, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

Hi Marc! No I didn't see that one.

I went to Dallas yesterday and bought a 55 gl acrylic with stand and canopy. I was really wanting to get an acrylic tank so this worked out fine although I really didn't plan on spending $200. $50 would have been nice. I bought it from one of the dfwmas members-Kat- The acrylic tank is in excellent shape. However it is not RR. I will leave it as it is for the time being. It still has an underground filter in it. I'll need to take it out. Maybe someone here would be interested.

Marc, is the underground filter something that I can use as part of my QT tank or is it just for FW applications?

By the way Marc, I got my new DFWMAS Fish Calendar last week. Georgeous pics! I love it!

Thanks, Cindy
Old 01/30/2005, 01:38 PM
Premium Member

Karen, Petland should be getting a shipment in this coming Tue or Wed. I would call first and see that they've been unpacked. They usually get fish in every other week on tue/wed.

I didn't pay much attention to the fish when I went in there the other day to buy fish food. I do recall a cute little scooter blenny, chocolate chip star fish, nemo fish, I think some pepperment shrimp,6 lined stripped wrasse, volitan lionfish, I think a puffer, somekind of yellow fish, flame angel, . That's all I can think of for the moment. There stuff is a little pricey but then there is nothing else around here.