Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/13/2007, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Give us an Aquabee pump - probably unreasonable

Give us credit for a pump that is defective, may have done damage to our rather expensive livestock, and for which the replacement may take over a month to arrive - fairly reasonable.

The only problem is that the pump is probably so cheap to begin with that you'd only be getting like $20 for each (if that).
Old 06/13/2007, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

I am pretty sure that Aqua Euro knows what is up with the replacement pumps. I am also pretty sure that a bunch or reefers dont know what is up with the replacement pumps. IMO a response from AE is over due.
Old 06/13/2007, 08:49 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Bcollins111900
They stated that they would call use as soon as they arrived at AquaEuro in Cali to let us know they were shipping and this will be a week ago tomorrow...
A week ago tomorrow means they talked to you on Thursday, with a time difference between China/US they may or may not have talked to someone until Monday...and here we are on Wednesday?

So this is all coming from something that was said to you at most 4 business days ago? And may not have been addressed between the manufacturer as little as 2 days ago?

Is that a fair assessment of the timeline?

EDIT: (although looking at your post on 6-4-07, it looks like you meant that it's been a week past the time you were promised the pump...on top of a few days to get the pumps in stock).

a week doesn't make a response "over due" in my opinion, although I do understand your positions of being upset.

If I'd be waiting a couple of weeks without skimming, bcollins, I'd be upset too. If it's anything to you, my original post was an attempt to fall on your "side". I just didn't think the way your responses were coming off were going to net you favorable results...and that was my only intent in even slogging into this thread

Last edited by mope54; 06/13/2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06/13/2007, 08:59 PM
OSU Who?Catch Me If U Can

They stated that the pumps would be in Cali no later than Thurs 6/6 and that the pumps would be at my door yesterday 6/12. I actually called on them on 6/4 and talked with Johnnie the person who we were supposed to talk to at the number stated earlier in the thread. Johnnie stated that she would call as soon as the pumps shipped to our houses from AquaEuro in Cali which was supposed to be this past Thurs. at the latest.
Old 06/13/2007, 09:04 PM

I am not looking for results from you, you are not the one who engineered the skimmer and or pumps which are the issue.
Old 06/13/2007, 09:09 PM
Moved On

I flipped back, bcollins and read your posts.
My bad on the calculation.

It's too bad that a bad taste is in anyone's mouth over a mistake...even worse when fellow RC'ers are going at it.

I wondered whether I should have entered into the discussion in the first place. I certainly didn't mean to make bad blood over a bad situation. No one is winning here...
Old 06/13/2007, 09:10 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mg426
Tagging along , Sorry there Mope I got to chime in on the side of the reefers who have rusty pumps. I hear over and over how they would like to hear a response from Aqua Euro. As the situation stands and given the fact that they have responded before, I have to feel that they are aware of some very upset hobbiests. A simple respones / explanation with updated info would do everyone a lot of good right about now.
Bingo! This is the bottom line. I have pumps with exposed metal. I watched this thread, read what AE had to say, called in with my information for replacements, and was told that I can expect my replacement pumps "soon". I have been patiently waiting for the pumps with no update from AE. Apparently now they have gone dark on everyone.

I would be more open to agree that some people here are getting a little too emotional and a bit theatrical if AE was following through with status and updates. However, since they have gone dark, I believe that the emotion and the response is deserved. Customer Service 101: Communicate, communicate, communicate. And when timelines and commitments look like they are going to be missed, communicate. They have gone dark and people are getting frustrated.

Jim

170 gal curved glass
Solaris H4
AE400
ACIII Pro
Turf Scrubber
LiterMeterIII
Nanostream 6055
LifeReef LCR1
Old 06/13/2007, 09:14 PM
Moved On

Agreed, Jim.
I already apologized for miscalculating the timeframe
Old 06/13/2007, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Well I've talked to Johnnie 2 times now over the past month. Everything seemed well. They were going to send me 3 pumps that they had in stock that were going to receive the Tunze silicone that would help with the rust issue. That was at the 24th of May. I was Very happy on how they were going to handle my problem. Kudos to AE. I then called again early last week, Monday I believe. Talked with Johnnie again and was told they were waiting on the shipment of the new pumps and that they had the silicone ones ready and they were going to ship out that day. Now 10 days have passed and unless they are coming by horse, I FEEL LIKE I AM GETTING A RUN AROUND!!!!!!!! I will be calling Johnnie again tomorrow after work and finding out what the deal is.
Old 06/13/2007, 09:25 PM
One Good Friend

Just to update on pump's being junk, all the KO's with exposed metal i've seen in the last few weeks are as follows. Eco 1057(genx4100 KO), genx2400 and these AE590. All have exposed metal. They are all from Pacific Coast imports IMO and this is the real problem. Cheap mass production and they don't fix the mess they created and vendors like AE get screwed over in the end. Thats how it works.
Old 06/13/2007, 09:26 PM
Moved On

If any of you want to sell me the body and keep/sell off the pumps if/when they come to you, PM me. I only need the body...

Quote:
They are all from Pacific Coast imports IMO and this is the real problem. Cheap mass production and they don't fix the mess they created and vendors like AE get screwed over in the end.
damn, luke, stated so shortly and so much better
Old 06/13/2007, 09:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by luke33
They are all from Pacific Coast imports IMO and this is the real problem. Cheap mass production and they don't fix the mess they created and vendors like AE get screwed over in the end. Thats how it works.
I disagree. The real problem is the lack of communication from AE. If they were communicating and letting us know the truth about where these replacements stand, the issue would be not nearly as large.

If what you say is accurate, they can communicate that they are having issues with their supplier, their supplier is not meeting their commitment to them, and they are doing everything they can to get resolution. I could live with that. I may not like it, but I can't blame AE.

Jim

170 gal curved glass
Solaris H4
AE400
ACIII Pro
Turf Scrubber
LiterMeterIII
Nanostream 6055
LifeReef LCR1
Old 06/13/2007, 09:46 PM
One Good Friend

Pacific Coast have been know to talk alot of game and not come through in the end. This how they keep producing junk product and try to keep everyone happy, but never do. I'm about 99% sure this is whats going on. I bet AE is all over them and PCI isn't doing jack but they are telling them this and that. I'm sure AE is very frustrated and Hoops at reefnut is ready to go postal, as i would be. Like i said, this has all happened with genx, eco, any sedra KO pretty much and i wouldn't overlook the oct pumps. WHich i think they fixed, but with no big fuss, nothing happens.
Old 06/13/2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

I also forgot to add that after I receive the silicone pumps the new pumps would be in shorty after that and those would also get shipped to me.

And to you Mope.....
I don't think you of all people have any right to tell people how to react to this situation. If you would have bought one of these skimmers with the intention of not modding it. You would also be on the same train as we are. If you go back and read my posts they state that, I will not be modding this skimmer and am happy with the way it works out of the box. I do believe that when a company markets and sells a product, that a liitle bit of R&D needs to go into it and make sure the pumps do not have exposed metal and a big hole in the back to reach the exposed metal. Mopes I know you changed your tune a little bit but just like every other forum people should stay out of business that isn't there problem.
Old 06/13/2007, 10:10 PM
Moved On

LMAO,

if anyone needs to "change tunes" it's YOU
I look at your location and I look at mine...and GUESS WHAT?

I have EVERY RIGHT to voice my OPINION...yeah, baby.
maybe you'd like it better over in CHINA where your cheap pumps come from...and not buy stuff with big jingoistic USA stamps on them to sucker dumb cheapskates into buying "quality"... LOL
Old 06/13/2007, 10:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mope54
I look at your location and I look at mine...and GUESS WHAT?
What? I can't guess what. Tell me?

Jim

170 gal curved glass
Solaris H4
AE400
ACIII Pro
Turf Scrubber
LiterMeterIII
Nanostream 6055
LifeReef LCR1
Old 06/13/2007, 10:18 PM
Moved On

Since some of you are incapable of letting sleeping dogs lie, and want to vent frustration out on me, go right ahead...

and I'll treat you as stupid as you like...

Since you evidently couldn't figure it out...you, me, and he are in the United States of America and I have the "RIGHT" to VOICE MY OPINION. And if you don't like it, move to CHINA where you can buy cheap products and get them much quicker and no one will bother you with posting their opinions on the internet since the government will control what sites you can and can not visit...

You are, however, a guest on Reef Central. Please drop the tone.

--beerguy

Last edited by beerguy; 06/14/2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06/13/2007, 10:20 PM

Yes please do tell us. I bet if you looked at your tank 80% of the equipment is made over seas including china.
Old 06/13/2007, 10:23 PM
Premium Member

Oh, I get it now. I am sorry, I couldn't grasp your superior use of sentence structure and paragraphing.

You run into this often, don't you? People all around you are just not smart enough to understand all of the incredible wisdom that you spew, right? If only people would listen. LOL.

Jim

170 gal curved glass
Solaris H4
AE400
ACIII Pro
Turf Scrubber
LiterMeterIII
Nanostream 6055
LifeReef LCR1
Old 06/13/2007, 10:27 PM
Moved On

My equipment is made in Germany, and my materials are made locally. I didn't bother sourcing the acrylic, my bad...but ah, no, I don't buy cheap junk and expect miracles. The only thing I was interested in was the body that is purported to be made locally to me.

But this isn't about equipment, this is about claiming I don't have the right to voice opinions on an open forum...and doing so after I already dropped the subject.

Nope, I don't run into people who can't understand me very often at all. I figure that aside from the three of you, everyone who read it understood exactly what I meant. But if you want to drag out the grammar police, go right ahead...I can backtrack and point out numerous errors in the all of your posts...

it's obvious that you want to vent because you can't get access to the real people you're mad at...go ahead...let it out...cry on my shoulder...you've been whining all day so might as well add some tears to it.
Old 06/13/2007, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mope54
LMAO,

I have EVERY RIGHT to voice my OPINION...yeah, baby.
maybe you'd like it better over in CHINA where your cheap pumps come from...and not buy stuff with big jingoistic USA stamps on them to sucker dumb cheapskates into buying "quality"... LOL
I don't think you do have a right to say anything. People on this thread are frustrated with mis communication with AE and you come in saying that it's their fault for buying a Chinese skimmer. Talk about cheap skates........Look at your cheap old self trying to snatch up a used one from someone. Are you going to scrape off the jingoistic sticker off of it and call it something else?
Old 06/13/2007, 10:31 PM

Still does not answer the question on where Nati and you are located and what it has to do with anything at all? To me if you are applying something you need to PM him. This forum is to help people not hinder people and belittle them. Let's try to get back to the situation at hand. Just move on Mope, it is obvious we don't want, let alone value anything you have to offer to this specific forum good or bad.
Old 06/13/2007, 10:33 PM
Registered Member

agreed..... nothing is being accomplished except a possible thread closing.

Last edited by JRaquatics; 06/13/2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06/13/2007, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Well said Bcollins. Move on Mope.
Old 06/13/2007, 10:38 PM
Moved On

Don't particularly care about the three of you, LOL.
Move on yourselves...I was the one who apologized and stated shouldn't be a cause for bad blood between fellow reefers...

if some of you are too stupid or stubborn to not stir it up, why should *I* move on?

You seriously don't understand that I pointed out that nait and myself are in the good old usa and that gives me the right to say my opinion? nothing to do with equipment, but you wanted to drag it on, so there yah go.

BTW, I don't want the skimmers because I'm cheap, I offered to buy it so you'd ****. I'll buy all three of yours if you quit whining.