Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/03/2007, 08:54 AM
Wish coral grew faster

Awesome. Would love too go out in the GBR for a few days vacation.

What awesome looking clams, how large were those they look huge.
Old 09/03/2007, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

What beautiful pictures. It's really amazing to see how big some of those corals get in nature. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09/04/2007, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

nice pictures, I miss scuba diving!!!!!!
Old 09/04/2007, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Where is the dive location? And I was wondering, could I get those picture in 1280x800, i want to use them for my wallpaper
Old 09/04/2007, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

KurtsReef: the clams ranged from 10cm in length, to the big ones that were 1.5 metres long. They really are giant clams. I was looking closely at one of the really big ones hovering in front of the siphon when something spooked it and it jerked back a bit. The jet from the siphon actually propelled me through the the water backwards for a good 4 feet or so.

romeo0119: These are from Orpheus Island, and from all over the fringing reefs. Let me know which photos you want in higher resolution and i'll be happy to email them to you.

I'm being tortured this week, the weather is perfect (no wind, or swell), and 100+ feet visibility, but i don't have the money to go out, and my camera is still in a dozen small pieces.
Ah well, there will be other days, sometimes i forget that i actually live here and don't have to leave.
Old 09/06/2007, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

ed, could i get the naso picture and some of those pics where you have the clown fishes and the anenomes
Old 09/06/2007, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Oh oh, also the yellow box fish too. Thanks ed
Old 10/13/2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

darn, this thread slipped under my radar for a while there.
Sorry romeo0119, :P
I'll try and get those images out to you as soon as the uni email starts behaving itself. Everything had to be shut down the other day when a possum got into the control box and fried itself and all the uni internet connections. I guess it wanted to go out with a bang.

Anyone keen on getting high resolution pics, please visit my thread in the SCUBA/snorkelling section. There are more photos there for you to choose from.