Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/02/2003, 02:53 AM
Registered Member

store is lake county aquarium two blocks south of 173 on rt 83 from the south take 83 or 294 north from 294 exit on 173 take 173 to 83 left on 83 2 mins down on your right
If coming from 83 after you pass grand ave. im 10 mins north on your left side look for the a-z rental sign thats easier to see
Old 10/02/2003, 02:56 AM
Registered Member

try mapquest
1548 Main St
Antioch, IL
60002-1935 US
Old 10/02/2003, 04:11 AM
Reeftastic

This is the same store that went out of business earlier this year?
Old 10/02/2003, 09:51 AM
Reef Geek

I believe it was a change of ownership previously. Used to be Saltwater Specialties? I'm in need of a hang on skimmer for a 20 gallon, like a prism or something.
Old 10/02/2003, 12:48 PM
Moved On

Has anyone recieved a list from this guy I have P.M him twice for a list and no list just asking
Old 10/02/2003, 04:08 PM
Moved On

calcium reactor

If you have any calcium reactors left when decide to ship i would interested?
Old 10/02/2003, 05:40 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I am in your local area.. Anyway you can open earlier?? 3-8 is right in the middle of rush hours traffic..... I can be there around 10 or 11 am...... tomorrow
Old 10/02/2003, 09:30 PM
Moved On

This guy must be full of it, cause his profile says part-time student, and if you look back at the other postings hes done he talks about finding this store on accident whioe shopping.

This looks like a scam to generate sales.
Old 10/02/2003, 09:46 PM
Reefin Maniac

Dunno..I am beginning to wonder.

No direct replies to anybody's posts.

Says to call...which I have done often...no answer.

He does make posts but for once I would like to see some real answers to peoples questions.

I think he is going to see what he needs from here and then post a list of what is for sale.

this all is looking like it is going south.

No wonder this guy is closing his doors....he can't eve answer a damn phone to sell anything. He expects people to just drive by for the hell of it.
Old 10/02/2003, 10:34 PM
Moved On

Starting to believe its a scam, I've have call 11 times all hours of the day no answer, send his azz my phone bill lol
Old 10/03/2003, 08:21 AM
Reef Geek

Okay, now aren't we all jumping to conclusions a bit quickly? Would it help if I told you all I've been to his store? The guy is going out of business people, he has enough on his mind without listening to all you accuse him of being a scammer. Don't you think he might be a little bit busy? Yes, he is a part time college student, I met him a few months ago. Damn if I were him I wouldn't sell anything to any of you after this. When exactly did all of you get so bitter and mistrusting?
Old 10/03/2003, 08:53 AM
Reefin Maniac

DragonFish

To answer that

People have asked about some equipment and have called. More than any one cares to count.
There is not even an answering machine to take calls.

NOT ONE PERSON has got a straight answer.

It is nice of you to stick up for him but his actions leave alot to be desired.
If you post here and also ask people to call and you do not reply to them in either case..

What the hE** do you expect people to think?

I asked about the tanks since this thread was posted.
I have not had any answers nor has this guy answered his phone. I even sent mail to him...still no answer.

This is not an issue of trust...

as the saying goes...ACTIONS SPEAK A THOUSAND WORDS

Well here are the thousand words.

Now if he did start to reply you are going to find some people wondering if they are going to get what they paid for. Heck he may take two weeks to ship anything when he does.

So you have to be in the other shoe as well and be understanding from the consumer point!!!
Old 10/03/2003, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

I'll drop two cents in here... I posted a question on this thread as well. Not wanting to give this guy a bad rap or anything, but... If you are going to post a thread on RC to sell something, then you should be prepared to respond in some sort of timely fashion to those interested parties. If you can't respond, even if it's just a second or two to say "Sorry I'm busy, get back to you all soon" then you shouldn't have posted the offer to begin with. It's just common courtesy.
Old 10/03/2003, 09:08 AM
Reef Geek

OMG! I know its been SO long since he replied! Oh wait no, it was YESTERDAY!!!!! What do you think he's doing? His business is going under, don't you think he has better things to do than check this message board every hour? I kind of have to think that he has a lot of legal things to deal with, banks to talk to, vendors to settle up with, employees to fire, and a whole store to inventory before he posts a list here. All I'm saying is that you are really quick to condemn someone. Had it been a week since his last message then maybe I can see thinking hoax but not in this case.

Edit: ah screw it, its clear you've made up your minds. As Monte Python says... "A witch!"
Old 10/03/2003, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Hey now... I'm not saying it's a scam... just saying that if you're going to post, it's common courtesy to be prepared to respond to questions, or at the very least post something regaring the items that are being offered.

To Steve: Please post what you have for sale... there are many interested parties in your vacinity. Thanks.
Old 10/03/2003, 10:06 AM
Reefin Maniac

Kpyto
is right!!

If you post then be prepaired to reply.

No one is asking for an hourly update.

My gosh at some time in the day at least once reply to every one or some of the people.

So far the replies he has had is non informative or helpful in anyway.

If this is the case with being that busy....then don't post.

Don't post if you can't handle replies.

All of us are asking simle things...it is not complicated.
I am sorry if the fact the he is so busy. He put himself in that position...I do feel for him in the closing and is very sad.

All we want is courtesy for a good reply.

All he has replied about is the location of the shop, the phone number.

DragonFish

IMO you need to really see the other side of this. You are one sided and alone in this.

I can see that this guy is busy. But the fact is he found the time to start this post. Now he abandoned it...actually it appears that way.
I am not saying it is a scam...it leads me to wonder and to begin to think this.
He just needs to step up to bat and swing
Not just step up to the plate and stand there.
Old 10/03/2003, 10:29 AM
Moved On

Dragon you sound like **** I'm looking out for me I have been scammed twice on R.C its people out there up to no good. I do not have money to just throw away if you do, then more power to you again I have called the guy 11 times with no answer apparently I'M not the only ONE put yourself in our shoes

Last edited by gregt; 10/03/2003 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10/03/2003, 10:32 AM
Moved On

If he has so much to do then he should have waited before he post on R.C knowing he was going to get hundreds of email and p.m then he lfet a number come on I can see why he is going out of business
Old 10/03/2003, 10:34 AM
Dr. Good Luck Himself

Dragon isn't alone. He posted his first message 10/1. He updated 10/2. Today is 10/3. If you can't handle his replying daily, and don't have the patience to wait for a deal, then go to the lfs and get what you need. What's the big deal?

fish: royal gramma, true perc, hepatus tang, hawaiin sailfin tang, citron goby, radiant wrasse, 1m, 1f solarensis wrasse, fed Rod food
Old 10/03/2003, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

what you guys are missing is that if he really had this stuff to sell he WOULD be checking the links every hour and ANSWERING his phone calls.
Peace
Old 10/03/2003, 10:46 AM
Moved On

Let me explain my opinion with a bit more detail.

First his profile says he works part time and is a student.

Next if you check out this post back from May of this year: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...206#post591206

You will see that he claims to have found this exact same store on accident and claimed it to be a good store. Now all of a sudden he owns the store and it's going out of business?

That sinlge post alone makes it look like this guy is a liar.
Old 10/03/2003, 10:58 AM
Reefin Maniac

DALE WILEY
I am not a B*&^%

You have me all wrong and misunderstood me.
I would read all of what I had posted and not part of it.
I am with you guys..I am also interested in equipment.
I also feel bad that a business has to go under.

I can see both sides here, I too am looking out for me.

Thanks for the misunderstanding and I feel bad for YOU.
Old 10/03/2003, 11:00 AM
Moved On

I'm not pointing fingers he was the one that put the thread as if he had connection saying he found the store by accident I feel like its B.S . Something is not right why would he go out of his way and make it seem like he could get whatever at a great price close out price if he only RAN ACROSS THE STORE BY ACCIDENT come on
Old 10/03/2003, 11:03 AM
Reef Geek

Biodragen I think he was calling me the *****. I reported him to a mod.
Old 10/03/2003, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

I wouldn't get anything from him. If he doesn't have the time to reply, where is he going to get the time to take orders, box up and ship. I wouldn't want to pay for something and then wait for someone to leasurely send it off. I understand his situation, but I have to think about myself first.