Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/19/2007, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Dad used the belt, Mom was the one with the switch. Mom and dad's responce tot he hiding was - you gotta eat sometime, and when you do come back it'll be alot worse that if you stayed and took it

Never the less I was not a problem child, I learned the limits and while I woudl sometimes venture into the grey area I knew how to toe the line very well...

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 12/19/2007, 01:42 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by drauka99
we had one of those as well but somehow we convinced mom and dad it ws a bad tree and they cut it down (I think it got some kind of parasite in it )

Granny did the - wait till your mom and dad get home bit. usually I could be good for arounf 2hrs before they got home and she would not tell them
We had some kind a big shrub that had just nasty switch material growing in it, really rubbery branches. My parents went out of town for a couple days and my older brothers reinacted the burning bush scene from the 10 commandments, burned that thing down to the roots. I swear it was a couple months before my mom noticed (one of us had probably commited a switching offense) Unfortunatly we had a small orchard with a variety of fruit, I mean switch trees.