Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/04/2007, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

I've got (2) 6201's on my 180g. Pricey, but WELL worth it. I love watching my water swirl around.
Old 12/04/2007, 11:49 PM
See if you can pingaso it

I've got a pair of 6000's and a 7095 controller and still thinks they're expensive... I've also got a pair of MAxijets with the algae free mods and think they are great. If I had to do over, I would have gone maxijet mods with a seio controller...they are cheap, move alot of water, and are way smaller than the Tunze Streams
Old 12/05/2007, 12:07 AM
><O>Euro-Reef*R*C500 <O><

i love tunze's as well.
they are aweseom as far as heat transfer to you tank. (hardly any)

had some seio a while back my tank jumped 4 degrees. rrr.

like others have said they hold their value as well.

im a cheap skate just like others on this forum. but have learned that rich people arent stupid either.

most rich people dont get rich by making dumb decisions over and over.

saying that i used to see people that had money buy tunze's

thinking they were just wasting money. then when i bought some i realized they werent so dumb ...

just look at the impellers on these sytem... they are quality...

they also sell parts that supposebly wear out over time for very cheap. like 4-5 dollars a part. and only 3 dollars shipping.

i like to know when i leave home... that im not looking to see if the duct tape has fallen off something that was rigged to save a dollar.
Old 12/05/2007, 12:34 AM
See if you can pingaso it

The earlier in life you learn this, the less frustrating it should be.

Spending a lot of money on something does not always make it great, spending little on something does not always make it bad.

I know a few multi millionaires and guess what , they are cheaper than me on alot of things. They became and stayed millionaires for a reason I guess.

i've also had to replace a part on my stream and it didn't cost 5 bucks, it was more like 80.00

Lets all not forget the fact the the US Dollar has taken a nose dive and these products are sold in Germany…. So….if you think they are expensive now …

I’ve got 2 x 900 maxijet mods that move a heck of a lot of water in my 120g tank…I mean a lot … …again..they are great, cheap, and can be put on wave makers…
Old 12/05/2007, 12:42 AM
Registered Member

worth every penny.
Old 12/05/2007, 12:57 AM
I <3 Fish.

I have 2 6025s in my 40g and I love them. A friend of mine has about 8 Streams in his 800g and he swears by them. He's the one who convinced me to get the nano streams. The are defiantly worth every penny.
Old 12/05/2007, 01:57 AM
Registered Member

dont go with the seio's waste of money there...

go with the tunzes which i used to have or go with the vortechs which i have now... they take up almost no space and are great pumps...
Old 12/05/2007, 03:55 AM
Crawfish Eating Reefer

Worth the money.

A lot of folks over look the 6060 and 6080, which are not controllable, yet are very strong, powerful and affordable.

I bought a used pair of 6060 + magnet for $100.

Now if you put together a maxijet mod, your total will come out to:

$18.95 pump + $14.99 sure flow + $24.95 magnet = $60

Performance wise they're worlds apart.
Old 12/05/2007, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Love my Tunze's..... Service is awesome thanks to Roger. You get what you pay for every time with this brand.
Old 12/05/2007, 09:20 AM
Proud father!

I've got two 6101s on my 120g. I used to run a large Sequence 1000 pump on a closed loop. The amount of flow with the Streams is amazing. They use so little power I'm saving around $6 per month in electricity, and they generate so little heat that my tank is about 2 degrees cooler year round.

I was leary about the price at first, but they were by far the best purchase for my tank so far!
Old 12/05/2007, 12:23 PM
Gold Member

Here's what I have owned before I bought Tunze streams.
3) Maxijet mods
1) Seio M1500
1) Vortech

Here's the Tunze streams I have bought for 4 different tanks I have owned over the years. I doubt I will buy anything else unless there is something that just blows away the market.
1) 6080
2) 6100
1) 6045
3) 6025
1) 6055
Old 12/05/2007, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

I can say the flow this and that bla bla bbllaa but we who have them know they are awsome and there customer service is NO JOKE thanks Roger.
Old 12/05/2007, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Can tunzi (is that even right?) be controlled via Aqua Controller or Reef Controller?

Or can it only be controller by the Tunze controller?
Old 12/05/2007, 01:25 PM
Gold Member

Pronunciation:http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=833262

Aside from Tunze controllers, you can also use the Neptune Aqua Surf or Profilux controller. There may be others but I haven't been looking.
Old 12/05/2007, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

tunzi- my aweful attempt at pluralizing
Old 12/05/2007, 01:59 PM
g l a s s b o x

toon-zah, the "e" at the end is included as "ahh". just like prosche, it's por-shaa not porsh

"i like bubbly, and i love animals - so it works out well"

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"
Old 12/05/2007, 02:11 PM
High Plains Drifter

Quote:
Originally posted by Flint&Eric
toon-zah, the "e" at the end is included as "ahh". just like prosche, it's por-shaa not porsh
Yeah, but in English they are commonly and acceptably called Ton-zee right?

But when in Germany, Toon-Zah.
Old 12/05/2007, 02:17 PM
Grampa Extroardinaire

No matter how you want to pronounce it - they are just one of the best companies in this space and wish I would have purchased their pumps and controllers earlier.

Too old for women to care
Old 12/05/2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scissorhand
A lot of folks over look the 6060 and 6080, which are not controllable, yet are very strong, powerful and affordable.

I bought a used pair of 6060 + magnet for $100.
I'm glad you liked the deal

I have another 6060 that I bench tested with a Killa-watt... if I recall correctly I think it benched a mere 10 watts. I mean, how many other pumps out there can move that much water using so little electricity? Not to mention the peace of mind knowing your tank is safe (think Rio)
Old 12/05/2007, 02:27 PM
g l a s s b o x

german word gets german pronounciation for me. same goes for any other language.

"i like bubbly, and i love animals - so it works out well"

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"
Old 12/05/2007, 03:05 PM
troublemaker

Re: Are tunze pumps really worth the money?

Quote:
Originally posted by Redbellyjx
It seems as soon as they appear in the classifieds, they are sold. That must mean something
Beyond the customer service, the quality, all the mentioned stuff .... IMO this is a perceptive comment you made.

Unless it's brand new or `hyped' product ... if it's sold within 24 hours every time they are offered [for years now] - IMO that's often a good sign that it's a great product.

Add to that the fact that Tunze stuff tends to be sold not that much marked down when used .... I don't see where you can go wrong IMO.
Old 12/05/2007, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

I've had streams and went with Vortechs this time. Just wanted to try something new. They're good pumps, my only issue is the nano's little tiny clips break and then you have to superglue them to the magnets. Also if you don't have their manget holders their bracket systems can be a head ache if you're not familiar with their design. I had to jerry rig my wavebox brackets because they don't make them compatible with horizontal panes(the stream brackets do just the wavebox brackets don't) and I didn't feel like spending 100.00 on magnets. Although I probably will end up buying them in a few months just so it looks official.

Having a few exchange students while in high school they butcher our language as much as we butcher theirs.

Last edited by burton14e7; 12/05/2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12/05/2007, 04:28 PM
High Plains Drifter

Quote:
Originally posted by burton14e7
Having a few exchange students while in high school they butcher our language as much as we butcher theirs.
Exactly. After going over seas and hearing how they pronounce some of our words, I feel MUCH less inclined to stray from my English pronunciation. Heck, in Japan, the pronounce McDonald's - ma-ku-do-na-ru-do....

But no matter how you say it, these pumps rock
Old 12/05/2007, 04:54 PM
Hawks Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by jimdogg187
Exactly. After going over seas and hearing how they pronounce some of our words, I feel MUCH less inclined to stray from my English pronunciation. Heck, in Japan, the pronounce McDonald's - ma-ku-do-na-ru-do....

But no matter how you say it, these pumps rock
Corals love them... so put some in your tank already!

Sandbeds operate like wormholes and the excess nutrients and detritus are transported to a sister galaxy - Bomber

12-7-41 & 9-11-01 Never Forget!
Old 12/05/2007, 05:22 PM
Lenny & Squiggy

Me too.

I always thought that Tunze's were overpriced luxury gilded lilies... until I bought my 6055s. Worth every penny, and if you take depreciation and resale value into consideration they work out to be *cheaper* than Seios/Koralias and maybe even MJMods.