Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/19/2006, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

The prices at that store are a lot lower than the prices in many bay area shops. And the there are a lot more NFS items in one store in particular(he's got easily 4 display tanks of which nothing is sold). Don't worry about 1 carpet. I've spent months working the owner of the bay shop to get what I wanted
Old 10/19/2006, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

don't get me wrong i have respect for the mars members and iam willing to work with you guys on deals but mars is probally 9% of my fish and coral deals, plus the prices we lay down on live stock is low already you want the store to stay open dont you. What iam hearing on the carpet anenome sounds like child having a fit, if i dont want to sell that carpet respect that and request to order one and prepay 1/2. another thing i have busted hump to get the store together fast, so you the shopper can be happy and have a new place to shop 16000sqft takes a while give us time we want nothing more than a happy customer but bashing the store over a rare item not for sale,wow thats rough. I never been to a nice fish shop that didnt have anything nice in the tanks just be glad you have seen and will continue to see a nice anenome and we will try to get you one
Old 10/19/2006, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

don't get me wrong i have respect for the mars members and iam willing to work with you guys on deals but mars is probally 9% of my fish and coral deals, plus the prices we lay down on live stock is low already you want the store to stay open dont you. What iam hearing on the carpet anenome sounds like child having a fit, if i dont want to sell that carpet respect that and request to order one and prepay 1/2. another thing i have busted hump to get the store together fast, so you the shopper can be happy and have a new place to shop 16000sqft takes a while give us time we want nothing more than a happy customer but bashing the store over a rare item not for sale,wow thats rough. I never been to a nice fish shop that didnt have anything nice in the tanks just be glad you have seen and will continue to see a nice anenome and we will try to get you one
Old 10/19/2006, 06:49 PM
I'm all wet!

Matt, Dont even sweat it. We know you are working hard and your a good guy ( hey you still remember about the powerhead deal right...:-) )

I havent been to the new store yet, been really busy. But i am sure its nice. The only thing I would like to see from the store and its worker is to take care of the customer, Great them and dont assume everyone knows everything. Ill post my report when i go visit....

Keep up the work.

Its Only $100 Dollars dear....
Old 10/19/2006, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Nu2sw i remember my next off load of used stuff will be soon and i will save the mj 1200s
Old 10/19/2006, 07:21 PM
Moving Along

Just 2 cents from my own personal experience, when I walked through the door and when I came within speaking distance, every single employee greeted me with a smile and hello and asked if I need any help. So IME, they're there for the customers and to keep em coming. Matt had great points, never heard any attempt in the first complaint to try and work with anyone, like pre-ordering etc.

Btw, nice to formally meet you Matt I didnt chat with you much cuz I could see you were busy and I was keeping a look out for the guy I was meeting. Keep up the good work, 1600 sq ft is ALOT of space to fill and maintain, but you guys are to a good start, key word everyone START Give em time guys, Rome wasnt built in a day nor a few weeks.

-Justin
Old 10/19/2006, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

My comments were directly my own philosophical views and opinions and they had no direct conotation towards the new store.....I can understand his frustrations and tried to empathise with him as a customer. But my main train of thought was remembering the old saying "Everything has a price" thats why I like the answer to the question "How much is the Bubble and Percs" at "O" st so much.....you want em so bad, well pony up for it....brilliant!!!

How bout a $2000 carpet anenome?......I think he really wanted it and price was no object....I think thats what pieved him, (from what I assumed),that even obtaining it at twice or three times the value wasn't an option and that his money wasn't good enough........at least thats how I saw the situation as he discribed it.....

But I digress.....

I have been there a couple of times myself and think you guys are doing a great job. A real improvment over the old.

In fact Matt, I wanted to introduce myself to you but you were doing such a great job giving advice and personally walking around the store with a customer rather than passing them off, and making sure they were understanding the differences in the products, I didn't dare to interupt......you guys are doing a great job there and think that once you get the tanks all stabilized and stocked up, you will have a good thing going...........

Man how do I get myself into these threads???

Last edited by dots; 10/19/2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10/19/2006, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

hey Matt
how soon are you guys opening again, I was going to get one of the purple tang( great deal on them)
and wanted to see the famous red carpet as well
Old 10/19/2006, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

...Still have the tangs but the carpet has been sold.

Old 10/20/2006, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

Shows ya that money can't buy you everything. haha jk jk
Old 10/20/2006, 06:38 PM
Moving Along

Quote:
Originally posted by WarrenG
...Still have the tangs but the carpet has been sold.

-Justin
Old 10/20/2006, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

I'm just curious why the carpet was sold if this entire thread is about how the carpet wasn't for sale... or is it a different carpet?
Old 10/20/2006, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

there just kidding
Old 10/21/2006, 09:48 AM
Premium Member

i truly don't understand all this. you visit the store, if you see something you like you buy it. if you like it and it's not for sale you compliment the owner on how beautiful it is. if you don't like the store or the owner/employees you don't go there. some folks make life to complicated.

there was a store in fairfield that i went to regularly. they took on some guys stuff who had a 210g that crashed. combined with the other stuff that never sold due to the high prices and low appeal - i simply stopped going. they've since cleared out the crap and i visit regularly again. there was never a need to bash the store, i exercised my right not to purchase and eventually they figured out if they want to sell something they need to freshen things up.
Old 10/22/2006, 09:00 PM
Softie Lover

KMP hit the nail on the head. Why is there 2 pages of bickering about LFS's? Last time i checked we still live in America, and each person or LFS for that matter is allowed to do what they want, when they want, where they want within reason ( i don't need an organ coral thank you!). Order or request what you want somewhere else and let it go.

-sorry to be harsh, but i've found that if you talk with the owners and ask them to find something for you they will usually bend over backwards to get it!