Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/01/2007, 12:00 PM
Reefer

Nina, I have been around here much, but I did read the thread and know that you and Gary have been in my thoughts.
Old 12/01/2007, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Nina, I am so sorry for your loss. I am grateful to have known him through you. The world was a better place because of him.

Lord,
Gary is gone now from this earthly dwelling,
and has left behind those who mourn his absence.
Grant that we may hold his memory dear,
never bitter for what we have lost
nor in regret for the past,
but always in hope of the eternal kingdom
where you will bring us together again.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 12/01/2007, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joeychitwood

I never met Gary, but I feel like I knew him, and now like everyone else, I'm feeling a loss and great sadness for you and your loved ones. I'm grateful that you had time to be with him and that his passing was peaceful.

You all remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Dr Joey said my thoughts as well.

With much love Nina, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 12/01/2007, 01:17 PM
RC Admin

I only wish that when my time comes, my wife shows the strength that you have and that I have a fraction of the wonderful memories that Gary has lived with you.

Be strong in the coming tough days as we will all be thinking of you.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc
Old 12/01/2007, 01:20 PM
Premium Member

Nina,

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Shannon
Old 12/01/2007, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

so true brian, so true. i, as well as the rest of gary's family, were ready only to see him at peace. we were not ready to let him go but we knew we had to. it would have been selfish of us to feel any other way.

carrie, thank you, that is just beautiful!

here is the link to the funeral home...

http://www.airsman-hires.com/coonrod/

i will make sure gary's family sees every single message. i want them all to truly know the love and support i have received from my loungers all these many months and especially now.

we just returned a while ago from the florist. gary will have sprays and sprays of the prettiest flowers i could find. he deserves nothing but the best.

i am so tired, i think i will lay down for a bit before the funeral director calls us in. i slept off and on last night. i moved my mattress into gary's room, as i have done for the past 2 weeks, every night. i wanted to feel close to him. i slept on his pillow. every time i woke, i smelled the sweetest of him. i miss him so much but i am content with the knowledge that he is watching over me. my first sign from gary appeared not long after i came home this morning. there, on the deck, was a pair of bluebirds begging for mealworms. it doesn't get any more fitting than that.

love to you all! nina xoxoxo
Old 12/01/2007, 01:47 PM
Where the future begins!

I'm so sorry Nina.
Do evil in return."

“Those things that nature denied to human sight, she revealed to the eyes of the soul.”
Old 12/01/2007, 01:48 PM
Moved In

Hopefully you can get some rest, and have wonderful dreams of you and Gary together. Take care.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 12/01/2007, 01:55 PM
Team RC Member

The memory book for Gary isn't up yet, but as soon as it is, there will be a ton of posts there. I'll keep checking, and see if I can get a direct link to it.
Bluebirds. What a lovely moment.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 12/01/2007, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sk8r
The memory book for Gary isn't up yet, but as soon as it is, there will be a ton of posts there. I'll keep checking, and see if I can get a direct link to it.
Bluebirds. What a lovely moment.
just can't sleep...surprise, surprise! i'm alone though and am unwinding a bit. nothin' like chasing horse turds for therapy!

we are due at the funeral home in one hour. we will make final arrangements and the information should appear on their website very soon. we are looking at tuesday services. gary did not want a long, drawn out affair so we will have a short, probably 2 hour, visitation and then go directly to the cemetery for graveside services.

i wonder what bagpipers wear in the winter!?!
Old 12/01/2007, 02:07 PM
Moved In

Wool undies?

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 12/01/2007, 02:07 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina51
i wonder what bagpipers wear in the winter!?!
Leg warmers

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 12/01/2007, 02:09 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by dc
Wool undies?
You goof! A true Scot never wears anything under his kilt!

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 12/01/2007, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Nina,
You, Gary and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Molly
Old 12/01/2007, 03:06 PM
forever newbie

Nina you and Gary are in my thoughts and prayers. Like all the other posts, you are an inspiration to me. I wasn't with my hus band when he died and that is my biggest regret. I am so glad that Gary went peacefully and that you were witih him.
My sister and I held my Mom's hands when she died. It certainly helped in the coming days. I know it sounds odd but I always have my first cup of coffee in the morning with her.
Bless you and Nana and your families. Let John take care of you please. At least for awhile.
Old 12/01/2007, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

I have been following this thread from day one and haven't said a thing. It is probably partly because I do not know what to say. Now that I have finally decided to speak up the rest has already been said. Gary is definitely watching over each and everyone one of us now and smiling. You are surrounded by loved ones Nina, and you will never be alone. Every night Gary is watching over you, making sure you are asleep and dreaming the good thoughts of every moment you have spent together. You are an inspiration to all of us and I can only hope to ever be as strong as you are now. God bless and may Gary travel well.
RIP Gary
Old 12/01/2007, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Nina,

I'm a former Infantry Marine, and combat veteran, who is now a police officer...being able to control emotions for the sake of professionalism is needed more frequently than one would like.

But my eyes keep getting wet at the corners....

When my time comes, I can only hope to reach it with a fraction of the dignity, grace, strength and compassion that Gary displayed. And I can only pray for the love and care to be showered on me by my family, like you did with him.

God speed, Gary.

My condolences for your loss Nina....

Nick
Old 12/01/2007, 04:45 PM
Flips"R"us...U?

Nina,

Gary is on the way to heaven now....You are in my thoughts and prayers. We mourn with you Nina....

God bless you and your family.

J
[O] f
[S] weetness
Old 12/01/2007, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Nina I am so very sorry- please know that we all love you and will always be here for you. I'm sure the bluebirds were just what your heart needed.

Love Ya,
Christy

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 12/01/2007, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Nina, im heartbroken for your loss. I didnt get the chance to get to know gary like alot of other folks here did, this is the first thread ive read that mentions him. Yet I feel like ive lost someone close to me. You and gary are in my thoughts and prayers. wow...im actually gettin waterey eyed, that hasnt happened for a long time.

Gary, may you rest in peace, you will be missed by many. Its a testament to your character to see how many people have shown their support and love to a person that many never physically met. God bless you and Nina.
Old 12/01/2007, 05:10 PM
Friend to Vallonia

I'm so sorry for your loss, Nina.
Old 12/01/2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Through tears of heartbreak for you I send this wreath with your beloved man.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He took your heart with him when he departed this world for the next my dear and you will now have a special connection to him on the other side.
So remember, in the wind, the whisper in the trees or a butterflie breath, he is there.

He is touching the Face of God.
As we all will do in time.

Last edited by thegheco; 12/01/2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12/01/2007, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

thegheco, i love that! thank you so much!!

i am so overcome with everything i have read here. it boggles my mind and gary would have been SOOO proud of ALL of you for standing by us through this whole ordeal. i have been doing pretty well today, have only cried a few times and except for once or twice, all of those times have been when i have come here and read.

i hope you all know just how much this all means to me. it's so hard to put it into words!

services will be on tuesday. from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., we will have visitation. immediately following visitation, we will proceed to the cemetery for graveside services.

picture in your mind our 20 acres out in the middle of nowhere. there is a winding, little traveled, country road that passes right by our place. just past our farm is a little tiny country church. the church is the only building in the little tiny village of bloomfield. bloomfield is so small, it has no zip code. turn right at the church and you go up a steep hill. at the top of the hill, to the right, is the little cemetery where gary will be laid to rest. this cemetery is so tiny, it survives on the donations of the families who have loved ones buried there. we just recently got a new sign at the entrance to replace the old rickety wooden one that never got painted. the new one is even lit at night and is lovely.

we will pass by our farm on our way to the cemetery. there are other, probably easier ways to get there but i want gary to be able to pass by his beloved farm one more time. he so loved this place and his love is apparent. everywhere i look, there are things he built, things he improved upon. so many times, i came home from work to a delighted "hey babe, can you see what i did today??" i would look around and most times, i could spot it right away. he always told me "i'm beautifying the company area!"

i have chosen gary's favorite pair of flannel lounge pants for him along with a matching shirt and his house slippers. that's what he lived in for the past almost-two years. i have a little stuffed pinto pony i will send with him. dino, do you remember that adorable little stuffed corgi you sent me? i hope you won't mind but i want to send the little guy with gary. he SO loved the lollipop kids and i think he would like something "corgi" to snuggle with as he always did with maggie and simon.

gary had been saving a gold dollar coin. i'm not sure why but it's been in a little tray on his dresser for years. i will put that in his pocket along with a few photographs of us together. last but not least (if you knew gary, you would see the understatement there!), i will include a hershey bar tucked beneath his hands. that man so loved his chocolate! along with the hershey bar, he will hold a single red rose, a testament to my deep love for him.

God, i miss him so much.
Old 12/01/2007, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Nina, that sounds wonderful. I'm sure Gary is watching you now saying "That's my woman!".

Since I can't be there with you, on Tuesday, at 9:00 a.m., I will observe a moment of silence for Gary.

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 12/01/2007, 05:51 PM
Teeam Gary!

We'll all be thinking of you Tuesday. Take care Nina, love and prayers still headed your way.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for a whole weekend.