Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/28/2007, 07:55 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nashvegas
I have a baseball size of neon green star polyps ....i would love some of the evil mels green mili crumbletop..

also whomever had some frags of the german blue digi i would love to buy a frag of that..
I have some ORA german blue.

I've also got some evilmels green mille with your name on it
Old 07/29/2007, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

If you think those green mille would do okay under 110 watts of PC light @ 4" away from the bulbs... or if you have any other SPS that you're looking to get rid of that would do alright at those levels... I already have some purple montipora digi and green bird's nest acro... but, like I said... I'll take whatever I can get. AND it's for a nano tank, so even a reeeaaaalllllyyyy small piece would be great since it'll look huge in the tank.
Old 07/29/2007, 01:04 PM
Premium Member

No problem. The mille will do better under better lighting, but I think it would do fine that high up in you tank. You are certainly welcome to a piece
Old 07/29/2007, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

i'll be at the meeting then...maybe we can hook up then..
Old 07/29/2007, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

Will the guy be there selling the clow fish? We have been very pleased with the pair we got in Nashville, and want to get an order in for a different type.
Old 07/29/2007, 11:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crumbletop
No problem. The mille will do better under better lighting, but I think it would do fine that high up in you tank. You are certainly welcome to a piece
Yay! It's so hard getting small pieces for my tank. What might be a little frag for you guys is almost a full sized colony in my tank. ;p

Like I said, I feel bad going in there frag hunting all the time, but the pieces that are for sale at the store are too big for my tank. The joys of nanos... can't wait to get some money to get a full sized tank set up.

Thank you!

FWIW, the bird's nest and the monitpora digi are doing great in the tank... esp the monti, it's all kindsa coloured up. The spot I'm thinking about putting what you bring will be even higher... only by @ 1" or so, but still higher.
Old 07/30/2007, 06:35 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lkr
Will the guy be there selling the clow fish? We have been very pleased with the pair we got in Nashville, and want to get an order in for a different type.
He will not be at this meeting, as far as I know. He may be at the Chattanooga Frag Swap that is on Aug 11. His RC name is Fishboy42.
Old 08/03/2007, 12:24 PM
Troll

Sorry, wrong thread.
Old 08/31/2007, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

I'm looking for Zoanthids, maybe a small colony or something. I have a large yellow leather that I can frag once or twice to trade or just pay if the price in right.
Old 09/12/2007, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Hey all, Im new to this forum, fianlly found a Tenn. reef forum
Old 09/22/2007, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

I would love to have a frag of
-EvilMels green mille
- and anything else SPS wise
Old 09/22/2007, 08:41 PM
How many fish can I kill?

I have some xenia and kenya tree frags. $5 a frag

Nano: 2 Black Ocellaris Clowns
Old 10/09/2007, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Hello all - if anyone is in need of getting rid of any frags for FREE - i will be happy to do so! haha

Looking for some nice green star polyps to get going - as well as some zenia.

Always looking for acro frags... just upgraded to bigger tank - dont you want to help fill it!

Thanks!

Scott
2 - 54 watt T5 - 10K
Old 11/04/2007, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Frags

Hey everyone I just found this forum, didn't know so many people from middle tn were here! I am from Columbia and I plan on going to the meeting and join the club. I would like to buy some frags.
Old 11/06/2007, 02:25 PM
Premium Member

Welcome! What kind of frags are you interested in?
Old 11/06/2007, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

Any and all! I have T5 lighting so I'm limited Ijust wanna add some excitement to the tank.
Old 11/06/2007, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

What kind of T5s? High output T5s should be fine for just about anything. Are you doing a mixed reef? Mostly SPS? Softies? My tank is 90%+ SPS and I could probably snip a few pieces here and there. There are 2 other frag threads going right now:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1237651

and

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1240387

I haven't been following the threads, so I don't know if they are sold out yet. Take a look. I'm happy to post more about what I might could get you if you don't find what you are looking for there
Old 11/06/2007, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

Thanks crumbletop,
I have the Nova extreme with 2 10000k white and 2 actinic tubes and the L.e.d. moonlights the fixture is about a month old. I didn't know about this site when I bought lights
Old 11/06/2007, 08:07 PM
Premium Member

Those lights should do fine as far as I know. Does the nova extreme have individual reflectors for each bulb, or just a single reflector? If just a single, the output will not be as good, but things that like light should still do pretty well if you keep them in the upper half of the aquarium.
Old 11/06/2007, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

Thats good to hear I have had no luck getting frags shipped to me, would like to try to get some local. another question for you can I show up at the meeting and sign up for the group? I would really like to get involved in this hobby of mine!
Old 11/06/2007, 08:39 PM
Premium Member

You bet! I will not be able to be there, but Chris Stowers our VP or Wayne Pierson our Treasurer will be there. Either one can get you set up
Old 11/06/2007, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Dave,

Kathy and I plan to attend the meeting. It will be our first. We live in Lawrenceburg. I'll bring along some free Xenia and mushrooms if you want. Just let me know.

Jack
Old 11/07/2007, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Jack,
That would be great! This is gonna be my first meeting too.
Old 11/21/2007, 04:49 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

Ok... so... who has some good zoa frags planned for the frag swap in January?

I may also be looking at some other things as I should be able to get my T5HOs by then.

Brandon
Old 11/25/2007, 10:27 PM
Premium Member

Hey Nashville, this is Bryan from LMAS.

We are going to try to have a few members come down and check out the swap to help support you guys. We are a very active club and our members have some great, and rare, stuff.

If its ok, I might bring some frags of AoGs. I just fragged out about 10-15 polyps tonight, so they'll be ready just in time for the swap.

To make it clear, sellers should list out what they plan to bring. Thats how we did it and our first swap went very nicely.

Hope to see you there.