Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saint Louis Area Saltwater Hobbyists (SLASH)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/07/2007, 02:08 PM
Premium Member

The politics must stop.

Folks,

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the fact that many of you defend the actions of our club. I believe that there was one post that actually complimented me. Huh? What's with that? Thanks Reggae Fish ... you made my day.

It seems that there are some who like to come into our fourm and get folks worked up. It happens but we can put a stop to it.

If you will, please allow us to ask you to do something that may sound a little strange to you but in the end could save us all some grief and could quite possibly save this forum.

If anyone comes into this forum from anywhere and wants to start anything, please do not respond to them. Let's try to make this forum a model community where negativity is a thing of the past.

We're not asking anyone to become a mute or to not voice their opinions but if you've got something negative to say, do it in a PM or even better yet, the slashclub.org forum where we are free to discuss anything and don't have to worry about mods and staff members getting tired of such threads. Their job is hard enough and we don't need to add to it.

We want every member to feel free to say what's on their mind but we are living in a space here that is given to us and can just as easily be taken away.

If you have not visited our new site you might want to take a look at it and login to it just to make sure that you have access. If you have a problem getting in feel free to send me a PM and you'll be taken care of you ASAP.

I, for one, enjoy being on here at Reef Central and don't want to lose the privilege of having our own forum on here so please, for the sake of this forum, either report or ignore negative posts here.

Thank you so much for caring about our club.

Greg

By the way, I'm asking that this thread be closed as soon as it is posted. I'm trying to avoid the naysayers again. I hope you understand.

Venture forth and enjoy life .... the only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.