Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > West Tennessee Marine & Reef Aquarium Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02/27/2007, 03:08 PM
WTMRAC President/Thug

Talking St Jude is GROWING!

Well everyone, its official. We will be having a 950G acrylic tank in the new Chili's Center and its being made by Scott Ledin ofAquatic Acrylics This is possible by a generous contribution from an unknown(to me) benefactor. As most of you know I've brought it up at the last two monthly meetings. During that time and the months previous (basically October) Myself, John Curran (Design and Construction), Scott, and most recently Doug Tran (Design and Construction) have been working on making this a reality. Well, all the "i's" and "t's" are taken care of and now comes the fun part. The preparation, and soon to be followed by the set-up and stocking.
The Chili's Center is slated to open in August '07 and Scott, John, Doug, and myself would like this to be established and cycled by that time. Scott has already begun and with the construction crew pouring a floor today we're well on our way!
I am calling on all of our members to get their Volunteer applications in and processing so that everyone can participate in this unique experience. We will be onsite to install the tank, plumb and aquascape, and build many of the "rocks" and structures going into this. Scott has already told me that this is the first time he has ever had such a unique project and he's just as excited as me to be a part of this. For all of us I would imagine that this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you wouldn't want to miss.
For those of you that are approved for campus access we'll be getting together and working on a plan for instilation and help in the next month or so. For everyone else that might be interested I urge you to get your application in. I would like to see a volunteer staff of 20 members onsite to show Scott and St Jude how serious the WTMRAC takes this and our other project's. For those of you interested in participation you can fill out an application by going here and downloading the application and faxing your completed application to Volunteer services at (901)495-2720. Be sure to put on the front page that this is for "Aquarium Maintenance Only." Your application will be handeled differently and expedited to specific people to get you ready.
Anyone wanting to donate corals, fish, books, anything can reach me at barrett.shumaker@stjude.org.
Look here and at our club site WTMRAC for updates.
Thank you to everyone for your help and support,
Barrett Shumaker WTMRAC President