Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12/30/2007, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Talking FOWLR...(Lots of Pics)

A bunch of people PM'd me and wanted to see my FOWLR build thread but I can't find it...So I decided to start another one and keep track of it this time!

The tank is about 130G (72"x20"x20"). I had so many ups and downs building this thing and will try to post the progress pics and stories to go along with them...Not all in one post though of course

The goal of this tank was to have a "planted" looking FOWLR display, so lots and lots of macro algae. I prefer natural looking tanks and am not a huge fan of how a lot of reefs and FOWLRs look so fake and staged, so I try to really work on making things look like pictures I have seen of real reefs or in this case, more like shallow water lagoons.

I still have a looooong way to go until this tank looks how I would like it to but any feed back or suggestions would be great!

I guess I should also mention for anyone who has seen the tank, I have changed things up a little and that includes the fish. I now have the following:

Porcupine Puffer
Copperband Butterfly
Long Nose Hawk
Blue Damsel
4 Chalk Bass
Golden Head Sleeper Goby

May add a wrasse but Im not sure yet...My last one jumped a few weeks ago

I will start with a bunch of pics of how the tank looked yesterday and then go back step by step through the build if anyone is still interested!

Sorry...Camera Phone pic...bad quality: