Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How Ghetto Is My Light Fixture?
Take it back to Detroit! 3 20.00%
Just take it off if you are expecting company. 7 46.67%
It's not that bad. 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09/23/2007, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Cierra's 3G Pico, PICTURES!

First off, a big ol' HIDIHO to everyone who doesn't know me yet! I have been putting together a 3g pico. You can view my construction blog here (lots of pictures!):

Cierra's 3G Pico Setup, Construction Phase!

Just to get everyone on the same page, I bought a clam reciently and everyone was saying "You need more light blah blah blah, nitrates, too fast..." Everything in my tank was "living" at the start, live rock, live sand, live filtering, even live water. I did have 18 watts (6w/g) on my 3g pico, but as of today I have 48watts (16w/g)! Wait until you see the pics of this! So GHETTO! And no, my corals are not cooking, the temperature has actually dropped from 82F to 80F (the 18watt light got really hot!).

I know that the pictures alone won't show you the major difference in appearance, so let me just say, my corals have AMAZING color now. OK, enough with my yappin' (blah blah), please leave comments, tell me whether my aquarium looks ghetto or not?

BEFORE...

AFTER...

Ghetto?

Looks pretty...

This is about as close as I can get with my digi-cam.

Thanks for lookin'!

Cierra