Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08/29/2007, 10:41 AM
Moved On

I HATE AGA....125 tank blew and no warranty!

My 125 gallon AGA tank is less then 5 months old. One of the holes in the overflow cracked and spidered. I had only one fish in the tank but 200 lbs of live rock and lots on inverts. I was able to transfer over the livestock to another tank temporarily but got about 50 gallons of water on the living room floor before I was able to suction out the water low enough so it would stop flooding.

Here is the kicker. I have been communicating with Central Pets Warranty department (AGA's new name) and they refuse to warranty the tank!!! I talked to and emailed the warranty department. The guy consulted with his supervisor and both refuse warranty. Even talked to the supervisor's supervisor and he said it is user error., He said I must have caused stress on the plumbing by the bulkhead. I sent several pictures to them and have all the emails and voicemails saved.

So first off they lie about their tech tanks. I got stuck with an early production one that has that cheap low iron glass on the front not to mention my overflow is not completely siliconed to the back glass so I got fish swimming back there all the time. Its all set up so I am not going to tear down the whole tank to exchange it. Now they won't warranty a tank that I have all the receipts saved either.

[profanity]. I am so happy my brother is an attorney. Get ready AGA/Central Pets. Your gonna pay!

[moved]

Last edited by cward; 08/29/2007 at 02:17 PM.