Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/18/2007, 10:35 PM
Moved On

Avoid Biocube

I got the 14gl this last April and the fans failed plus the moonlights short out. I tryed calling customer service today and kept getting transfered to different departments getting put on hold. after the 6th call the receptionist told me she was on the line with an important client and I would have to call back tomarrow.
If you have a biocueb and it fails, don't expect any help from them and if you are planning on buying you are in for a ride. Go with the nano cube or Aquapod. At lesast they back their product.
Old 06/18/2007, 10:56 PM
Enjoying Life

I think you may have had an unfortunate experience with their customer service. Call again and fully explain your story and how you are fed up with them.

A lot of people here rave about them, and I am sure that they will chime in with similar things to what I have just said.

Best of Luck
Old 06/19/2007, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

I Agree; you are 1 in quite a large number who feel negative about BC's. I love my BC 29 and know several people with them who also are very happy. Sux that you got bad service but i know other who had great service when dealing with a bad ballast or something. Good luck
Old 06/19/2007, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

My BioCube 14 makes a loud buzzing every time I turn the lights on. I think someone said it was the fan or ballast. It went away a couple days ago, but I'm sure it will come back. I have only had it since Feb. so that sucks. I hate calling customer service!!!
Old 06/19/2007, 02:44 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I just talked to a rep yesterday in "warranty info" dept, he was really nice, and so was the receptionist who answered the phone....Sometimes, it might be the way you portray yourself on the phone, how rude you might be? know what i mean? I dont see a problem with them, oceanic is a great company to do business with...my old store owner ordered through them all the time...never had a problem with warranty...
Old 06/19/2007, 09:26 PM
Enjoying Life

Smart tang, that is a problem with the fans in the hood. They are really cheap. So that tends to happen after a while.