Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/25/2005, 08:18 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Home Depot...still idiots....

So they call me they have the window I ordered in....the hole is in the house so now I can pu & install tonite right?

Wrong......they gave the window to someone else.........
Old 08/25/2005, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Home Depot around here has been suckin REALLY bad lately.. I find myself going to Lowes more now...
Old 08/25/2005, 08:25 PM
Eternally Discombobulated

Funny....around here Lowe's is the one that is terrible and Home Depot is the place that I prefer to shop at. Must be a regional thing or something.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 08/25/2005, 08:25 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

We don't have a home depot.

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 08/25/2005, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I used to HATE Lowes... Could never find anything that I needed... Now it seems to be the opposite, especially when it has to do with plumbing. I have 3 home depot stores within ~10 miles of me, that is more than likely part of the problem. Spread it out to 15 miles or so and there are 5 of them.
Old 08/25/2005, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

How did they credit you?
Old 08/25/2005, 08:31 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

It was a special order....waiting to hear back. I want a new window shipped Fedex next day
Old 08/25/2005, 09:49 PM
Premium Member

Well I went to both of my local Home Depots and asked for egg crate for my 10gal frag/sump tank for my 30gal. I went up to the guy and asked them where to find it and he said "I've been here for about 5 years and never heard of it." Then I went to the other one the next day and the guy directed me exactly to it. And you know what it was called??? Ceiling Egg Crate!!! Don't you love educated workers and worse was he was in his 40's or 50's and never heard of it. LOL
Old 08/25/2005, 09:57 PM
Moved On

He scratch his head and thought to himself......

.....' Self; it ain't easter....why's that ol boy need egg crates fer..?'
Old 08/25/2005, 11:07 PM
Moved In

Dave you are just having a heck of a time with those windows. I can't believe they gave them to someone else. They need to go get them back!! LOL! They have a new Home Depot just out of Park City, so we don't have to go so far. Haven't been to a Lowes forever. I think they were more expensive last time I was in one.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 08/25/2005, 11:16 PM
Moved On

yeah just go to a local plumbing store and _ BAM _ you have what you need. __ BAM ___ like that. blue, clear, white, black PVC and any color tubing and any valve you need. right at the desk. hey stupid figure it out. what you need is not in reach and your locals are there to stand up for you. reach out in the community. please. thank you . bye.
Old 08/25/2005, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

I used to work for Home Depot and the problems started when the founders stopped running the biz. They have tried bringing in a variety of people to run the place and have not found anyone who has the same persona (?) as Arthur Blank, now owner of the Atlanta Falcons. When I was there they decided to load the store with employees because they were so sick of people complaining that they could never find anyone to help them. However, in typical fashion, I went there because I knew how to sell appliances and they had me go and sell paint instead. So, after loading the store with people, the customers are happier, but the only way they can stay on budget is to take hours away from the new employees because they did not account for the increase in payroll. Now when I go in there, it is back to the standard home depot ghost town with hardly an employee in sight.
Old 08/25/2005, 11:27 PM
Premium Member

No home depot here. Fortunately, at the Lowes store..... I know several of the big shots so that is who I order thru. They call me when my stuff is in. May be good to "get to know" someone towards the top so when your stuff comes in they'll call you.
Old 08/25/2005, 11:29 PM
Premium Member

BTW,

When you arrest store employee's for embezzlement, the big shots know you very quick.
Old 08/26/2005, 12:39 AM
Registered Member

man i have had no shortage of problems with home depot , they dropped a 6 foot slabe of granite for a countertop that i was building . broke it and then werent going to say anything . i made them open it at the store and they were liek " im not sure what happend . do u still want this piece? " i was dumbfounded but yeah they have broken a couple of windows i have ordered ... i just wont deal with that place ever again even if i have to pay 10% more to go somewhere else
Old 08/26/2005, 01:12 AM
Registered Member

Hmmm...I didn't realize my X had been assigned as director over the quality assurance department at home depot. Thanks for the headsups everyone.

Stephanie
Old 08/26/2005, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

Re: Home Depot...still idiots....

Quote:
Originally posted by Scuba_Dave
So they call me they have the window I ordered in....the hole is in the house so now I can pu & install tonite right?

Wrong......they gave the window to someone else.........

Hey Dave, I'd be sooo ticked... We've never had that type of trouble with either of the stores,they are about 5-10 minutes away from us, both across from one another... I hope that they get you your window, b/c I'm sure I'd not like to be that person who gave your window away... Did you talk with the manager or just some peon??? Good luck, and this particular project has turned into a mess, I'm sorry ... Oh, and I'm the one out of the two of us that will open up and tell them or anyone for that matter exactly how I feel about them... The hubby hates it... but I've gotten stuff accomplished this way...

TheBimbo

Oh, did you tell Steph's ex that you have heard all about his mad skills as the man in charge ???

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 08/26/2005, 08:45 AM
Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by icefishrod
yeah just go to a local plumbing store and _ BAM _ you have what you need. __ BAM ___ like that. blue, clear, white, black PVC and any color tubing and any valve you need. right at the desk. hey stupid figure it out. what you need is not in reach and your locals are there to stand up for you. reach out in the community. please. thank you . bye.
As much as it wasn't very nice to call someone stupid - your point is a valid one. Just like we continually support some online fish or coral companies while most of our LFS would be willing to fill the same order, and ALMOST the same price and pour that money back into OUR community, we need to choose where we shop more wisely.

Buy american made products whenever you can.
Pay the extra 5-10% at your locally owned stores.

That - or continue to let China become our puppetmasters.
Old 08/26/2005, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamesurq
As much as it wasn't very nice to call someone stupid - your point is a valid one. Just like we continually support some online fish or coral companies while most of our LFS would be willing to fill the same order, and ALMOST the same price and pour that money back into OUR community, we need to choose where we shop more wisely.

Buy american made products whenever you can.
Pay the extra 5-10% at your locally owned stores.

That - or continue to let China become our puppetmasters.

Mark is that you??? I thought you were at work!!! Seriously, you sound just like the Hubby... I agree with you though...

TheBimbo

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 08/26/2005, 09:14 AM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

The "local" store isn't open nights or Sundays & only until 1p on Sat. So much for the local store - it's basically for contractors who can shop during the week. They don't want to deal with homeowners. It's too bad because their store is awesome....I would shop there all the time if they were open at night (even to 8p) or all weekend.
so ...stupid...they aren't there for me

and I don't recall talking about plumbing....?

HD is going to pu the window from the guy who has it & call me. So I should have it today
Old 08/26/2005, 09:22 AM
Moved In

Well good luck, hope the guy didn't install it already!

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 08/26/2005, 10:11 AM
RMRC President

Quote:
Originally posted by Scuba_Dave
The "local" store isn't open nights or Sundays & only until 1p on Sat. So much for the local store - it's basically for contractors who can shop during the week.
That is my problem with some of the local places, too. If they were open more hours, I would give my business to them all the time.
Old 08/26/2005, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

What I can't figure out with the local stores is this-why not open later in the day and be open when most folks are out of work? What sense does it make to have hours from 9-5 and close for lunch?! Of course you are going to go under. I can understand not wanting to pay for extra employees to stay open late-just open later in the day! I'm a stay at home mom and I'm rarely out of the house by 10 anyway. If you want to make money stay open when people are free to shop your store! JMO....

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. - Edward Hoagland
Old 08/26/2005, 01:13 PM
Monkey

yeah what the hells up with them and their 9-5 hours that's crap...

Gotta go - it's 2PM on a Friday... Time to start the weekend early
Old 08/26/2005, 01:21 PM
PNWMAS member

HOME DEPOT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

We had our kitchen remodel done thru them and they were constantly dropping the ball. If I wasn't on the phone to make sure of stuff I don't think it would have ever been finished.

I WILL SHOP AT LOWES FROM NOW ON, DON'T CARE IF I PAY ALITTLE MORE.

I'm all for a nation wide boycott of Home Depot!
(the only thing they have going for them is Tony Stewart)

THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO LEARN!!

240 build in the works!.....(slowly)