Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Long Island Reef Association (LIRA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/31/2006, 10:53 PM
Premium Member

Does anybody have...

...a 30+ gallon tank they don't need? My youngest, who had original claim to my extra 30 tank, cut a deal with his brother, but then reneged and started a fowlr tank, just as the middle guy bought himself a juvenile uromastyx, which is now using my extra 10 gallon tank, but will grow into the need for a 30 at least. Of course, if it were a bigger tank available, we could move the fowlr into it and give the other guy the 30, which I have a screen top for too.
Old 02/01/2006, 07:30 AM
Registered Member.

i have a 29hex im never going to use im in bellport
Old 02/01/2006, 07:40 AM
Premium Member

Thanks keef, but I don't think I can use the shape. I ned length for the reptile or for the fish the little guy is keeping. Very much appreciated though.
Old 02/01/2006, 08:32 AM
A. Millepora

I had a 30 long sitting in basement for years and I couldn't get rid of it....LOL ..at the last meeting I gave it to Mike(Sci33).....ain't that always the way.
Old 02/01/2006, 08:53 AM
Moved On

Are you looking for a display (show) tank? if not I have some (3 or 4) 55 gals that seen better days but hold water. I used them for my growout tanks when I was raising Discus.
Old 02/01/2006, 05:02 PM
Premium Member

your pm box is full.

Thanks Chuck (and Mike, well, thanks for the thought). I could maybe swing by Saturday AM, but how would it be if I came by around 7:30 tomorrow morning? (Thursday) On Thursdays I work in Lindenhurst and coming from Shoreham, that would almost be on my way. I understand, of course, if you and yours don't want some fish guy around that early on a school/work day.
Thanks again!
Old 02/01/2006, 06:59 PM
Moved On

sorry but you got to come around a lot earlier then that ! By that time my train is 1/2 way to Manhattan. Plus I got to empty them cause I use them as a "catch all" for my tons of broken aquairum junk I can't seem to throw out.
what time do you get off work? this week is shot for me but maybe we can hook up at night next week if you can't make it this weekend . I don't get home until roughly around 6:30pm.
they are not going anywhere so you don't have to rush and pick them up unless you need them asap!

chuck
Old 02/01/2006, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

OK, cool, lets wait till the weekend or next week. Are there any hoods on the tanks? Are they all standard size? 48x121/2?
Old 02/01/2006, 07:45 PM
Moved On

I don't want to get you excited.. they are just some tanks I used to grow out discus in my garage when I was into breeding them.
they have no hoods, I might be able to scrounge up a reflector type hood but most likely it will not work. I used just a shop light since they were in my garage and not for display. if your looking for the whole setup you can get stand /light /tank for about $55 at petland. if you have to buy the stand and light seperatly it will probably cost you around that alone without the new tank. so what I'm saying is that if you need those items I would go for the whole setup. JMO
yes they are standard size 55g
chuck
Old 02/01/2006, 09:02 PM
Premium Member

Hmmmm... Maybe - I will have to look around a bit more. I saw 55 tank and stand at Petland for 89. which is not bad, but I am trying to get my kid to pay for what he wants.... At 55 I would probably have to jump on it. I'll stay in touch. Obsessing about his tank is, I have to admit, cheaper than obsessing about my reef tank and less guilt provoking, but you know how these things go.......
Old 02/02/2006, 06:19 AM
Moved On

look around, and when you make your decision, contact me, and it's yours for the taking. if your in the area and want to stop by and take a look at them thats fine also.
chuck