Thread: DIY Filter
View Single Post
Old 08/22/2004, 08:18 PM
I'll take SWords for $500

Is this white cotton?

I'm sorry if the answer here is to just "search the forum", but I've looked and looked and I can't find any pictures of any diseases!?! Maybe its something with my browser setting but its' hard to diagnose without a picture. anyhoo...

I bought home a baby, aquacultured ocellaris clown and immediately noticed something I missed at the LFS. He had a big white cotton type spot on his dorsal fin. I assumed this was ick and immediately QT'd him before ever putting him in my display. He's been there a week and I've treated him with some ick medicine I picked up and its actually gotten worse.

Needless to say I dont think its anyway after doing some more researching. The spots are big and now on his side fins and mouth. Almost like its rotting parts away. Fin rot? Maybe its Brooklynella or Amyloodinium? He's eating fine and seems very happy, just covered in the stuff. I tried to take tons of pictures but non came out good at all. I'll try to post one in a minute.

Anyone know what it could be or where I couuld see pics of diseases? From the only pics I found of ich it doesnt appear to be that.