View Single Post
Old 08/28/2003, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Terry,
I will look into all of the treatments you have mentioned. I don't mind changing my routine and I certainly think there is always room for new experimentation and knowledge. Regarding the Beta Glucan, If you wouldn't mind I would appreciate it if you PM me when it is reported, as I lately have not been "surfing" the pages as much. In fact if you just mention it on this thread when it is available, I will be alerted to the new post.

Dag, I looked quickly through the thread and I don't recall saying that the parasite cannot be illiminated in the absence of a host. If you have removed all fish for a generous amount of time and be careful not to cross contaminate with an infected tank, you should be ok. You must however treat the fish by whatever means you choose before they are returned to the tank. Just because you dont see evidence of the parasiote on the fish, does not mean they aren't affected, even if the appear clean for months.
Regarding the FW ph. I use Nitric Acid to lower and Calcium Hydroxide to raise, but any aquarium ph up and down product will work fine. Just add the chemical slowly so that you don't overshoot your target ph, and make sure that the dip water is aerated and mixed untill the new ph is stable. Never adjust the ph with chemicals after the fish has been added. One other note, If you mix up your ph adjusted water and let it aerate for a while it usually shifts to a higher ph, so always double check your ph just before adding the fish.

You'll have to excuse my spelling, I'm in a hurry and there is no spell check.
Lee