View Single Post
Old 08/23/2007, 02:57 PM
angelfish nut!

Angelfish Lovers, get ready to add to your bookshelf!

Hey guys, for those of you who are even remotely interested in angelfish there is an excellent new book coming out next month. The book is titled "Angelfishes of the World", and was first published in Japanese. A few months ago I gave my talk on rare angelfish with Julian Sprung at a reef club meeting and we had dinner afterwards. Most people know Julian as the guy who literally wrote the book on The Reef Aquarium along with Charles Delbeek, but he is also an angelfish nut like many of us! Like many of the big names in this hobby, deep down he shares the same trait as many of us; a true passion for this wonderful hobby. Anyway, his company Two Little Fishies has finished an updated English version of the book to be released at MACNA next month in Pittsburgh. Even better, the Japanese author, Kiyoshi Endoh, will be at MACNA along with Julian!

I've seen the Japanese version of this book and while I had no idea what the text said, the photos were AMAZING! Even cooler is that Julian was able to squeeze in one of my photos into the English version just before it was printed, so I get a free copy! Of course I'll still have to purchase a second copy that will be the "red flagged" edition that will sit in my bathroom .

Anyway, I just wanted to give a heads up to you guys, as this will be one of the few opportunities ever to get this book autographed. There will be a limited number of copies, so if you are attending MACNA be sure to hit them up sooner rather than later... The cover of the book was just posted on the Two Little Fishie's website here.

Who else is excited?

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

What is recommended to the novice and what experienced reefers do are two different things.