View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your tang. I agree it was probably weak due to to starvation.

The key is to avoid having foods sitting and decaying on the bottom of the tank. Tangs, can be difficult because they require a lot of feeding. In nature they are grazers and feed all day. You hardley ever see fat Tangs in captivity, but it is fairly common in the wild. One way to accomplish this is to use nori, algae sheets, even romaine lettuce, on a lettuce clip (you can buy one at an LFS). What I do with my tank is put a sheet on in the morning and remove it at night. This way my fish can pick at it all day, but I remove it and replace it with a fresh piece before it starts to break down.

Unfortunately, there is a lot to learn in this hobby, and we often do so by our errors. I feel that I personally know next to nothing in the big scheme of things.